Default Battle of the 1989 - 1998 Movie Superheroes!

Batman (Michael Keaton)
    The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)
    The Shadow (Alec Baldwin)
    The Phantom (Billy Zane)
    Zorro (Antonio Banderas)

...all do battle to see who comes out on top. Everyone gets standard gear (at least what they had in their movie's final battle), no vehicles, standard rules apply.

Their battlefield is, I dunno, midnight at Jurassic Park without the dinosaurs, but the jungle, visitor's center, etc. are all fair game. Everyone starts at equidistant edges of the island.

Sans PIS, I think the Shadow is the only one with true supernatural powers. He's also well armed and has no qualms about shooting people. He could stay invisible and hang back, then shoot the last one remaining standing.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-09-2021 at 10:59 PM.

The shadow Hangs back and turns invisible meanwhile Batman takes out punsher zorro and the phantom then the shadow walks up and shoots him in the face for the win.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Gotta go with the Shadow here, as well. The supernatural/psychic powers he demonstrated basically give him the win.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Batman or the Punisher, being the most modern-setting ones might make better use of the tech in Jurassic Park, but without the dinos, actual Superpowers are hard to overcome.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Huh, I purposely didn't include the Rocketeer because I thought he would also be too powerful. How would things change if we removed the Shadow?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Huh, I purposely didn't include the Rocketeer because I thought he would also be too powerful. How would things change if we removed the Shadow?
    Keaton Batman should own it in that case. He's got some arguable bullet-time stuff, plus casually one-shots... everything he ever fights except the one guy at the top of the bell tower. If people get away, well, his stealth is incredible, his gear is the best here and he's still wearing a bullet-proof suit. He's also crazy intelligent, being the guy who builds all the batgear there, and breaks down the Joker's poison, when none of the various doctors and scientists had the foggiest clue on the stuff.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Could get interesting. Batman has the best tech here, but the Phantom was more agile from what I remember from the movie (though not quite as agile as Banderas Zorro), and would have home field advantage in the jungle area. Was Lundgren Punisher a Vietnam war vet, like his comics counterpart?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Agreed. I'm not sold on him being a bullet-timer - he has all of one feat, as I recall - but I'm cool with Keaton winning this due to various gadgets (silly seeking batarangs), armor, and basically one-shotting 95% of the people he fights (probably due to Keaton/stunt double not being capable of moving around well in the armor, so they needed to keep any fights short, without any actual jumping around...)
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Batman (Michael Keaton)
    The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)
    The Shadow (Alec Baldwin)
    The Phantom (Billy Zane)
    Zorro (Antonio Banderas)

...all do battle to see who comes out on top. Everyone gets standard gear (at least what they had in their movie's final battle), no vehicles, standard rules apply.

Their battlefield is, I dunno, midnight at Jurassic Park without the dinosaurs, but the jungle, visitor's center, etc. are all fair game. Everyone starts at equidistant edges of the island.
    Placing this in a jungle really does give the Phantom a huge situational advantage. Plus it's midnight and they start far apart. Honestly, this should eliminate the Shadow's advantage of invisibility since I would guess the Phantom is great at hiding and moving quietly in a jungle and setting traps. But the Shadow is a telepath which may well overcome that. "Hmm, so. by scanning and reading your mind, I know you're hiding over there and have a trap set over here". So, definitely, the Shadow for the win. Eliminate the Shadow and it comes down top the Phantom or Batman depending on how much you think the situational advantage matters. This environment really favors the Phantom.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Placing this in a jungle really does give the Phantom a huge situational advantage. Plus it's midnight and they start far apart. Honestly, this should eliminate the Shadow's advantage of invisibility since I would guess the Phantom is great at hiding and moving quietly in a jungle and setting traps. But the Shadow is a telepath which may well overcome that. "Hmm, so. by scanning and reading your mind, I know you're hiding over there and have a trap set over here". So, definitely, the Shadow for the win. Eliminate the Shadow and it comes down top the Phantom or Batman depending on how much you think the situational advantage matters. This environment really favors the Phantom.
    Aw, you noticed

Yeah, I picked a jungle setting so that the Phantom could make up for the fact that he was the least armed out of all the combatants, but that trees should still give Zorro some mobility closer to Batman (whereas the buildings and skyscrapers of Gotham would tilt mobility too far towards Batman's superior grapple gun). The modern amusement park structures of Jurassic Park were kind of a compromise, though.