Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    After seeing this comic, I'm afraid Spidey has fallen into a trap, and I'm not talking about Kingpin and his plot against Boomerang. I believe has fall into a trap from the Chameleon. I mean, how it was possible for Norah Winters and stuff to get the tech for that suit? Surely that suit has a booby trap that the Chameleon will exploit against Spidey. (It seems Peter didn't learn anything from Tony Stark and his Iron Spider's armor).
    The suit is nothing more then a plot device. It will be gone in July

Astonishing Member

After seeing this comic, I'm afraid Spidey has fallen into a trap, and I'm not talking about Kingpin and his plot against Boomerang. I believe has fall into a trap from the Chameleon. I mean, how it was possible for Norah Winters and stuff to get the tech for that suit? Surely that suit has a booby trap that the Chameleon will exploit against Spidey. (It seems Peter didn't learn anything from Tony Stark and his Iron Spider's armor).
    That just makes me really annoyed that "new equals evil/trap".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That just makes me really annoyed that "new equals evil/trap".
    If Peter had made the suit himself, I wouldn't be worried. But this is a suit that Norah Winters made for Spidey. That tech can't be accessible for someone like Norah, and she's not a genius like Peter for these kind of things. There's something fishy around here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You know what else? CBR has posted an article saying Spider-Man just became Booster Gold. I can deny the similarities, but I still see more about Ted Kord's Blue Beetle in this suit than anything else. (Now that I think of it, Ted Kord and Booster Gold tended to be good friends).
    Ted Kord Blue Beetle and Peter Parker Spider-Man would make great friends (or at least great allies), come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I really enjoyed the Kingpin stuff in this issue, but at the same time, I'm left wondering that I've missed a few stories since Fisk came into power as Mayor of NYC. I'd love to see some of the "behind the scenes" stuff featuring all the crime families taking over territory, gaining from Fisk's influence, etc.

This new suit doesn't do it for me. Feels like a white version of the "Big Time" suit and that was a pretty boring suit from what I can remember.

Astonishing Member

If Peter had made the suit himself, I wouldn't be worried. But this is a suit that Norah Winters made for Spidey. That tech can't be accessible for someone like Norah, and she's not a genius like Peter for these kind of things. There's something fishy around here.
    When did Norah Winters become untrustworthy in the first place?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    When did Norah Winters become untrustworthy in the first place?
    Maybe from the moment we discovered she's colaborating with the Chameleon?! Norah might think she's not hurting anyone, but when a supervillain is in the middle, we all now people is going to pay the price.

Astonishing Member

Maybe from the moment we discovered she's colaborating with the Chameleon?! Norah might think she's not hurting anyone, but when a supervillain is in the middle, we all now people is going to pay the price.
    I meant that in a meta-sense, but I see what you're saying.

This issue kinda feels like Spencer is making fun of Brand New Day.

As for the suit itself... i Was optimistic at first, but now I kinda hate it. Just get back to the old one please.

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    I really enjoyed the Kingpin stuff in this issue, but at the same time, I'm left wondering that I've missed a few stories since Fisk came into power as Mayor of NYC. I'd love to see some of the "behind the scenes" stuff featuring all the crime families taking over territory, gaining from Fisk's influence, etc.

This new suit doesn't do it for me. Feels like a white version of the "Big Time" suit and that was a pretty boring suit from what I can remember.
    Yeah, most of those stories you're looking for with Kingpin/"Mayor Fisk" can be found in Daredevil, both Charles Soule's run around the time of Marvel Legacy and then Chip Zdarsky's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome, and good point bringing up the Iron Spider Armor as a gift from Tony Stark, given that "gift" came with strings attached, which ultimately didn't go so well with Peter's conscience once the original Marvel Civil War really heated up, especially when it turned out Tony was using the suit as a means to surveil Peter and create countermeasures in the event Peter turned against him. I'm willing to bet with the "livestreaming suit," depending on whether or not the Chameleon is involved in its creation, that it'll amount to the same thing in the end, which would provide a good excuse for Spidey to go back to the tried and true red-and-blue.

That's a great point. As much as I appreciate all the streaming services available today, the problem is indeed a lack of willingness by Hollywood execs to do and try new things instead of just making sequels to stuff people already know and love (and often worse in overall quality, since they're banking on nostalgia to obscure the flaws).
    I have AT&T Uverse and several streaming channels ( NHL and MLB TV are musts for me) and most shows are not worth it. The one exception is HBO Max’s Perry Mason. As a noir fan ( Spider-Man included) this is far better then the Burr TV series. The worst offender in the sequel game is the new Paramount Network. They are even doing an I Carly sequel ( without the blonde girl). It goes without saying I am not taking it. Taking this to Spider-Man the idea of a new suit and Non-Stop is “Been there, done that” and I am basically unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have AT&T Uverse and several streaming channels ( NHL and MLB TV are musts for me) and most shows are not worth it. The one exception is HBO Max’s Perry Mason. As a noir fan ( Spider-Man included) this is far better then the Burr TV series. The worst offender in the sequel game is the new Paramount Network. They are even doing an I Carly sequel ( without the blonde girl). It goes without saying I am not taking it. Taking this to Spider-Man the idea of a new suit and Non-Stop is “Been there, done that” and I am basically unimpressed.
    Yeah, I hear you there.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Solid enough issue. Nothing special but nothing particularly bad either IMO. About a 6 out of 10 from me.

That would be hilarious and awesome.
    Been a while since I've seen MJ kick some ass in ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Solid enough issue. Nothing special but nothing particularly bad either IMO. About a 6 out of 10 from me.

Been a while since I've seen MJ kick some ass in ASM.
    There was ASM 25 by Nick Spencer. Maybe not the conventional kind of ass-kicking, but an ass-kicking nonetheless. And as debatable as it might be for many of us, Mary Jane versus the Savage Six in Amazing Mary Jane.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

There was ASM 25 by Nick Spencer. Maybe not the conventional kind of ass-kicking, but an ass-kicking nonetheless. And as debatable as it might be for many of us, Mary Jane versus the Savage Six in Amazing Mary Jane.
    I remember ASM 25, I count it as an ass-kicking as well . But, still, it's been a LITTLE while so it'll be nice to see when it happens again on ASM.

I only count the Savage Six as part of her book rather than as part of ASM personally speaking.