Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 61 Review

Great issue, love the artwork interesting development I did not see coming, great character moments with Jonah, hell even Pat Gleason artwork made someone as unlikable as Norah cute. looking foward to the next issue, I wont post spoilers just in case, Ill leave it up to you guys.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I was pretty disappointed by this issue. The new status quo and suit that were hyped up essentially turned out to be a big joke... or at least nothing that I could take seriously myself. Other than that, it was just a pretty basic filler/set-up issue, so nothing much else to say there. Either way, it was a pretty huge downgrade from the heights of ASM 60, which I think symbolizes the nature of Spencer’s hot and cold run so far (again, just my opinion). I do hope the book starts getting more consistently good soon.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Incredible Member

The issue wasn’t bad. The Kingpin stuff is more set up. But the suit portion was... bad. Does Peter not realize that’s a bad idea? The suit has built in surveillance and tracker? The last time Peter put himself in some kind of tech, Doc ock stole his body. This time it will lead someone to him or May or MJ. This is insanely bad. And it’s stuck a dumb job. As a matter of fact, can someone who remembers actually list all the jobs Peter has had?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    hell even Pat Gleason artwork made someone as unlikable as Norah cute.
    Norah, unlikeable? She is a queen. A QUEEN!
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Incredible Member

I’m starting to believe that a One More Day type scenario is coming up. They will reverse OMD because peter’s identity is just out of control at this point but this time Dr Strange will cast magic that actually makes people forget rather than a deal with the devil. And this time Peter will urge MJ to forget and move on. All this run will do is rid the stain of Mephisto from the books and make it clean by making it Doctor Strange who helped

Boomerang continues to be the best part of this entire run

Fantastic Member

Dont forget Norah is working for Chameleon, it's probably gonna come around and bite Parker in the butt.

I'm not really sure what Spencer's angle is here though. It's odd to have a character complain about feeling stuck in a loop with no progress in one chapter, then immediately the next chapter just reaffirm the status quo again, having Parker become a photographer and working in media with JJJ again. It's like a train going in two different directions.

I am excited for the mob stuff though. Street level Spidey is always fun.

It's pretty funny that one issue has Peter complaining about how his life is stuck in an endless loop, and the very next they set-up a new status quo that absolutely nobody will pretend won't end up as a complete disaster.

BANNED

This comic is gloriously stupid, I love it.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if it ends up with Chameleon relearning Peter's secret idenity?

It is what it is. It wasn't great IMO but I still enjoyed it as a fun silly little comic - 2.5 out of 5 stars or average.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Boomerang continues to be the best part of this entire run
    You know, I'm starting to agree with you. He certainly is one of it not the most memorable thing about Spencer's run thus far, IMO. Kindred has lost his shine for me after his anti-climatic defeat and its aftermath.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I had to double check to make sure I didn’t miss an issue. I was so confused at first by the new status quo. Good issue, though.

uh... is it not peter inside the costume?

I thought it was fun but i do hope they don't kill Gog after all he went through.