Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Children of the Atom #1 Review/Spoiler - Old Enough to Know Better

Cyclop-Lass is narrating about how she saw the Xmen on tv once; that she found her people. Her team are stopping a bunch of criminals who happen to be former mutants. This battle is a showcase of the character's powers and team dynamic. They seem to have the ones of the X-men whom they are based on for the most part

Later they are approached by Maggot, Magma and Pixie whom are there to ask why they didnt answer the call to go to Krakoa. The COTA have things like school and other stuff to do. Magma suggests they psychically imprint an education onto them but the COTA have families they cant leave behind. The X-men leave them as they dont follow through the gate

Summer House, Nightcrawler, Storm, Logan, Scott and Jean are talking about the kids. Jean says they dont show up on Cerebro. Storm thinks the telepath is blocking it. Kurt thinks they hould respect their privacy. Logan thinks they are reckless. Jean wants to talk to them. The X-mnen go on to complete their game of pool

The Corbeau high school. The kids are talking about their weekend and Krakoa and we get more insight into them as people. Later they are costumed and go through the Krakoa gate

Loved the issue! Vita did a good job setting this up. I like that we are seeing the senior X-men in non-combat situations as characterization has been lacking especially for Scott, Jean and Kurt.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-10-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

2 things first maggot apperance makes it a 10 out of 10. And second they can't go through the gate so there humans. So who gave them the tech to mimick there powered?

I haven't read this yet but a little confused as to them going through the gate at the end. I had the impression it was heavily implied that these kids weren't mutants but i could have been reading too much into it or things changed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

**** me I just made a thread

I'm not sure if I can read something with a character named Cyclops-Lass.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I haven't read this yet but a little confused as to them going through the gate at the end. I had the impression it was heavily implied that these kids weren't mutants but i could have been reading too much into it or things changed.
    Implied where? Thats always been people's speculation

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm not sure if I can read something with a character named Cyclops-Lass.
    I read it as Cyclops-Less at first...lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought they (Tini and others) were outright said not to be mutants. So is this something like the tech they are wearing makes the gates think they are mutants? Like the U-Men or the Plant Ladies?

I'm too stoned for this **** are they or are they not mutants!? If not I guess anyone can use the damn gates.

If they're not mutants, does that make them guilty of mutant appropriation?

The idea of wanting to be a mutant is very similair to the idea of people wanting to be black like it's all fun and games until the oppression hits, the hatred is apparent and death robots show up at your front door due to one good gene.

Yes this is Mutant Appropriation I am disgusted all the perks with 0 the struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I thought they (Tini and others) were outright said not to be mutants. So is this something like the tech they are wearing makes the gates think they are mutants? Like the U-Men or the Plant Ladies?
    I guess Im also confused. Why would the X-men assume they are mutants, especiallly since Cerebro doesnt pick them up

First couple of pages dialogue is wonky IMO

But this ended up being better than expected.

And the mystery as to what they are is intriguing.

Humans, Neo, or Post Human.

Daycrawler, Gimmick, Cherub are good names.

I don't know why BUT I do not like Marvel Guy or Cyclops Lass as code names.

Wait I'm pretty sure they didn't get through the gate. For those saying they are confused.

Wow this was good. I loved every last page and the art was just stunning. The art, the coloring. Vita is really hitting it out of the park. That Jean/Storm scene was everything. It was nice seeing they actually know each other deeply.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess Im also confused. Why would the X-men assume they are mutants, especiallly since Cerebro doesnt pick them up
    I mean, because they are defending mutant rights and have never seen a human superhero do that.

It's funny that the X-Men were playing pool with Cyclops, when they know they're always going to lose.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If the data page says the are mutants, then I believe that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================