Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The team met Forge in a one-shot. He may be the one who made them the gadgets.
    That’s what I’m thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This might be how it is, according to CBR:

The heroes of Children of the Atom appear to be five such depowered mutants (though this isn't directly confirmed yet), with their young high school age implying they were born prior to M-Day, though their mutant powers hadn't actually manifested yet.

As such, they all use gadgets and tech designed by team leader Gimmick to approximate the powers of the mutants who inspire them (Cyclops-Lass has a visor that shoots lasers, Daycrawler has a teleportation device, and so on).
    Damn so Wanda strikes again I swear sis just can't miss.

I just realized that Gambit is the only inspried X-men that wasnt in this issue. Why didnt they X-men have him in the meeting? Wolverine being a part of the discussion feels off in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just realized that Gambit is the only inspried X-men that wasnt in this issue. Why didnt they X-men have him in the meeting? Wolverine being a part of the discussion feels off in hindsight
    You know whenever a writer gets a chance they'll cram Logan in no matter how unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This might be how it is, according to CBR:

The heroes of Children of the Atom appear to be five such depowered mutants (though this isn't directly confirmed yet), with their young high school age implying they were born prior to M-Day, though their mutant powers hadn't actually manifested yet.

As such, they all use gadgets and tech designed by team leader Gimmick to approximate the powers of the mutants who inspire them (Cyclops-Lass has a visor that shoots lasers, Daycrawler has a teleportation device, and so on).
    I do find that an interesting premise. But even when de-powered , shouldn’t they still be able to go through the gate? A latent x-gene still exists and can be detected by krakoa and other de-powered mutants have access.
    Anyway if their powers hadn’t manifested yet, how would they know if they were mutants or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I do find that an interesting premise. But even when de-powered , shouldn’t they still be able to go through the gate? A latent x-gene still exists and can be detected by krakoa and other de-powered mutants have access.
    Anyway if their powers hadn’t manifested yet, how would they know if they were mutants or not?
    Where has a depowered mutant been shown to use the gates unaccompanied? A person with a latent X-gene does not register as mutant. It makes sense that they wouldnt be able to use the gates unless they were with an active mutant

Extraordinary Member

I didn’t see Warren either.

I’ll give Vita credit. She showed Logan, Jean, Scott, Kurt and Ororo all together in a nice setting with old school inertactions, but within the new status quo. Even more hints of the poly. (Storm-Jean???).

She also used Magma, a New Mutant who she’s not currently using in the New Mutants title. Gave more focus on Maggot then anyone in forever. Used Pixie, who is currently appearing a lot, but to be fair this issue was suppose to come out last year.

I wonder why so much focus on Cherub’s rival on the basketball team? Future sixth member? Future villain?

Also, Storm taking the piss out of Wolverine was funny.

Where has a depowered mutant been shown to use the gates unaccompanied?
    Good point I’m not sure if that has been confirmed or not, I don’t read all the books. I suppose that’s why the kids need to decline the invite. Kinda makes the scene of them nudging the gate a bit pointless though, seems like it’s there for the emotional impact.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

There is no reason to believe these kids are anything other than human, CBR is just speculating and I'm pretty sure they are wrong.

As for the issue, sigh. It's well written, and like, I get it. These kids represent real life X-fans who became deeply invested in the X-Men because they themselves also felt othered by a society that hates and fears them, it's easy to identify with these kids. But I extremely do not vibe with the fact that these are humans in "mutant face", who in this first issue fight actual depowered mutants while saying they give mutants a bad name. Not a good look. Chang's art is mostly good, if somewhat inconsistent. I hated Maiolo's colors, especially the way he renders flesh, weirdly plastic.

Is this a mini or an ongoing do we know yet?

I remember that, but then that would mean Forge gave these kids technology that mimics mutant powers and just ... didn't bother telling anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder why so much focus on Cherub’s rival on the basketball team? Future sixth member? Future villain?
    I suspect he is taking MGH, which the kids will also be tempted to take.

What oneshot? This wasnt their debut?

What oneshot? This wasnt their debut?
    Marvel Comics #1000, I believe, or it might have been one of the Voices books. They appeared at the end of a short story by Ayala featuring Forge.

It was the first Marvel Voices comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She also used Magma, a New Mutant who she’s not currently using in the New Mutants title. Gave more focus on Maggot then anyone in forever. Used Pixie, who is currently appearing a lot, but to be fair this issue was suppose to come out last year.
    So were both the Runaways and Champions stories she's currently appearing in. All of them should've been out last spring.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    There is no reason to believe these kids are anything other than human, CBR is just speculating and I'm pretty sure they are wrong.

As for the issue, sigh. It's well written, and like, I get it. These kids represent real life X-fans who became deeply invested in the X-Men because they themselves also felt othered by a society that hates and fears them, it's easy to identify with these kids. But I extremely do not vibe with the fact that these are humans in "mutant face", who in this first issue fight actual depowered mutants while saying they give mutants a bad name. Not a good look. Chang's art is mostly good, if somewhat inconsistent. I hated Maiolo's colors, especially the way he renders flesh, weirdly plastic.
    I’m sure all that is going to be addressed. Especially with Storm now going to track these kids down.