Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What oneshot? This wasnt their debut?
    There you go, hon, Marvel Voices book one.
    F10527E1-711F-4D2D-BA9C-B572AFF4F096.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Someone refresh my memory, has it been established before that telepaths can block mutants from cerebro detection?
    When X-Man turned evil, they couldn't detect him and he was shielding Apocalypse and Kitty.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

After the mutants refuse these human children succor, they ought to join the Coven Akkaba.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    There is no reason to believe these kids are anything other than human, CBR is just speculating and I'm pretty sure they are wrong.

As for the issue, sigh. It's well written, and like, I get it. These kids represent real life X-fans who became deeply invested in the X-Men because they themselves also felt othered by a society that hates and fears them, it's easy to identify with these kids. But I extremely do not vibe with the fact that these are humans in "mutant face", who in this first issue fight actual depowered mutants while saying they give mutants a bad name. Not a good look. Chang's art is mostly good, if somewhat inconsistent. I hated Maiolo's colors, especially the way he renders flesh, weirdly plastic.
    you don't need to be a mutant to call out bad behavior of a mutant that makes other mutants look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    you don't need to be a mutant to call out bad behavior of a mutant that makes other mutants look bad.
    It is Respectability Politics. It’s insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    It is Respectability Politics. It’s insulting.
    I don't think you understand that concept if you are using it in this issue.

The mutants were criminals they were robbing a place. Those mutants being criminals does make mutants look bad because it's ammo used to show why mutants are a problem.

Respectability Politics would be a non mutant telling a mutant to use some technology to cover up the fact that they are mutants to "fit in" or never using their powers in public to not make people feel uncomfortable

The mutants were criminals they were robbing a place. Those mutants being criminals does make mutants look bad because it's ammo used to show why mutants are a problem.

Respectability Politics would be a non mutant telling a mutant to use some technology to cover up the fact that they are mutants to "fit in" or never using their powers in public to not make people feel uncomfortable
    I believe that the fact that they consider themselves to be Forge’s biggest fans signals their deep imbrication in the politics of respectability — the one mutant most likely to just be a human passing as a mutant. Even Hank Pym could create better plant suits than he did. And here they are telling plus sized women how to comfort themselves. It is presumptuous.

So it's okay for a white person to tell a black robber to stop being stereotypical?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm not sure if I can read something with a character named Cyclops-Lass.
    lmfao I'm screaming
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So it's okay for a white person to tell a black robber to stop being stereotypical?
    Why's the robber black?
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Were there no pre-existing characters that could have been used instead of introducing brand new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why's the robber black?
    Oh, come on, I was directly making a point, look at the context.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Were there no pre-existing characters that could have been used instead of introducing brand new ones?
    How would this story work with pre-existing characters.

Astonishing Member

CBR’s prone to click baiting speculation at times.

The only evidence for them being m-day victims is them feeling a connection and the timing of CoTA coming out

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    No. The story is based off not knowing who these kids are.