Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I really enjoyed this issue. It was a good read and the all the new characters except Daycrawler seem interesting so far(Daycrawler was a little annoying). I also really, really liked the Maggott's appearance! I always wished more had been done with him. Will be staying tuned for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just realized that Gambit is the only inspried X-men that wasnt in this issue. Why didnt they X-men have him in the meeting? Wolverine being a part of the discussion feels off in hindsight
    I am still holding out hope that Gambit will appear in later issues. I thought I heard that Vita is a fan of Gambit and he has been in a lot of the promo art. Still, it certainly wouldn't be the first time Marvel has used him on covers and promos and then not had him appear in the actual book or story, so who knows?

And yeah about Wolverine! I was groaning there for a second when it looked like he was going to be the one to seek out and talk to the kids. Like he isn't busy enough already. He is does not need to be everywhere and mutants and the X-Men could certainly find a better face for outreach.

Just hit me Cyclops-Lass!! Iron Lad!! Yo this is definitely a Young Avengers Parody!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pixie, Maggot and Magma were in Age of X-Man albeit Ayala didn't write the books they appeared in.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So it's okay for a white person to tell a black robber to stop being stereotypical?
    there is nothing wrong with telling a black robber that they are making black people look bad.

It would be nice to live in a world where everyone is an individual and responsible for their own actions and only reflect on them but that's not how the real world works

Mighty Member

This series looks quite boring, I don't think it will last long and will just become a mini.

Shouldn't Magma be appearing in New Mutants instead?

What happened at the end? Did they got blocked from entering Krakoa?
    Last edited by ericng; 03-10-2021 at 11:28 AM.

The pool table scene sounds nice, I miss seeing the x-men casually socializing with one another. But people always post panels on social media, so I could probably read the sequence there. Gotta save my money for Way of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I didn’t see Warren either.

I’ll give Vita credit. She showed Logan, Jean, Scott, Kurt and Ororo all together in a nice setting with old school inertactions, but within the new status quo. Even more hints of the poly. (Storm-Jean???).

She also used Magma, a New Mutant who she’s not currently using in the New Mutants title. Gave more focus on Maggot then anyone in forever. Used Pixie, who is currently appearing a lot, but to be fair this issue was suppose to come out last year.

I wonder why so much focus on Cherub’s rival on the basketball team? Future sixth member? Future villain?

Also, Storm taking the piss out of Wolverine was funny.
    I loved the interactions on Krakoa. So many people have been asking for moments like this and it’s ironic that it ended up in the book that people decided to reject before trying out.

Also I’m guessing that the rival is an actual mutant, to contrast the team.

Extraordinary Member

After reading this, I’m pretty sure now Storm and Jean are boinking. And everyone’s already aware.

If this was a book about the x-men hanging out and being all lovey-dovey with each other, I would have been on board.

https://www.gamesradar.com/children-...l-differences/

The last page is different between print and digital:

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Could someone please explain "mutant face" to me? I get what it's alluding to but...
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

That explains the confusion. The one on the right makes it seem like they crossed the gate and are on Krakoa but the other one with the enlarged roller coaster in the background makes it apparent that they didnt

Extraordinary Member

Digital version features an out of date checklist so perhaps its the original version from pre-delay

I enjoyed a lot of things about this. The main team playing pool, Buddy's character backstory, and the action sequences. The art was really good. I like all the designs

Cyclops-Lass is a pretty weak name though, I really hope that doesn't stick but they had to be able to find something better than that.... why not "Optic" or something? Marvel Guy isn't the best name either considering there's now a Marvel Girl, Marvel Boy and Marvelman lmao

Daycrawler on the other hand sounds way correct than it has any right too. As does Gimmick and Cherub. Like I said the designs were all great. I'll pick up another issue for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Could someone please explain "mutant face" to me? I get what it's alluding to but...
    Its basically blackface, but with mutants. When mutants become more of their own identity and culture, it becomes increasingly problematic to have people try to copy that culture because its 'cool' or it 'speaks to them'. Its the same argument people (usually white people) make for acting/dressing 'black', or whatever culture they're fascinated with. Is a step beyond just liking the thing; its actively taking the culture and trying to make it your own.