Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

So how is it that the X-Men can’t seem to figure out that these kids aren’t mutants? It isn’t even the first time they’ve run into kids impersonating mutants and they don’t register on Cerebro, something that, even if they have a rookie psychic, there’s no way he could top the world’s most powerful telepath being enhanced by Cerebro.

There more to them than meets the eye. They definitely have some connection to mutants. All they did was fight crime, not mutants do that all the time

Astonishing Member

One of the solicitations mentioned a treatment. What if what ever it is turns humans in to mutants ? Quarantine had a drug that could do it and Penny Nelson from that arc did run a way with a bunch of those drugs

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So how is it that the X-Men can’t seem to figure out that these kids aren’t mutants? It isn’t even the first time they’ve run into kids impersonating mutants and they don’t register on Cerebro, something that, even if they have a rookie psychic, there’s no way he could top the world’s most powerful telepath being enhanced by Cerebro.
    That's one of the mysteries to be solved...isn't it?

So...going by Jean's dialogue to Scott, it's more likely that they are mutants or quite possibly a new/different off-shoot of mutants. Which would really make their existence quite an interesting puzzle.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    One of the solicitations mentioned a treatment. What if what ever it is turns humans in to mutants ? Quarantine had a drug that could do it and Penny Nelson from that arc did run a way with a bunch of those drugs
    a human cant be turned into a mutant; they would be considered a mutate and that isnt entirely new. Like you mentioned, Fraction did that during his run

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its basically blackface, but with mutants. When mutants become more of their own identity and culture, it becomes increasingly problematic to have people try to copy that culture because its 'cool' or it 'speaks to them'. Its the same argument people (usually white people) make for acting/dressing 'black', or whatever culture they're fascinated with. Is a step beyond just liking the thing; its actively taking the culture and trying to make it your own.
    I'm tired of this, mutants come from a lot of different cultures. It's not the same as the situation with actual minorities

Its basically blackface, but with mutants. When mutants become more of their own identity and culture, it becomes increasingly problematic to have people try to copy that culture because its 'cool' or it 'speaks to them'. Its the same argument people (usually white people) make for acting/dressing 'black', or whatever culture they're fascinated with. Is a step beyond just liking the thing; its actively taking the culture and trying to make it your own.
    I see the concerns about this... but I’m confident that Vita is going to appropriately address it.

That’s more of a stereotypical view that people of another race are supposed to act a certain way that is expected by society. Correct me if I’m wrong but to me they did appropriate themselves to be mutants by not correcting Magma when she assumed they were mutants if they are human.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s possible Storm already realizes this. And is why she wants to talk to them without Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    you don't need to be a mutant to call out bad behavior of a mutant that makes other mutants look bad.
    Yes, Of course few mutnts shouldn't represent it whole, but now they are a ountry with easy access to almost all countries of the world, it is scary and they have immunity so it even more scarier.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's possible that some of the kids are flatscans and some can be superhumans of other origins like Wiccan and think they're mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I see the concerns about this... but I’m confident that Vita is going to appropriately address it.
    They probably will but I don't know why people are jumping to conclusions so fa.. oh yeah it's the internet.
    "Cable was right!"

Bear in mind that was just a broad strokes simplified explanation. Its very complicated and messy. There's also the real-world problem of people pretending to be a minority to get a position that should be held by said minority. White guys in blackface in movies instead of actual black people; that kind of thing. Which could kind of factor into the backlash to this series; fans want the mutants they like and know to be in books, not new people literally pretending to be them.

There's the larger issue for me that this was just super boring. As others have said most of the ideas here have been done before anyway, and nothing about these kids was interesting enough to carry a series by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I'm tired of this, mutants come from a lot of different cultures. It's not the same as the situation with actual minorities
    Gay people come from a lot of different cultures, are they not an actual minority?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yes, Of course few mutnts shouldn't represent it whole, but now they are a ountry with easy access to almost all countries of the world, it is scary and they have immunity so it even more scarier.
    That's an issue with Krakoa. Not all mutants are even on Krakoa. That's like getting mad at all Jewish people for what Israel does or all Chinese people for what CCP does

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm not sure if I can read something with a character named Cyclops-Lass.

Cyclass be more catchy?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?