Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It only occurred to me the second time I read that page that Xavier’s terse manner is because he’s suddenly alarmed that Eye-boy may be able to see into Moira’s No Space, and god knows what else.
    !

Great find!

I have to go reread that interaction again

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It only occurred to me the second time I read that page that Xavier’s terse manner is because he’s suddenly alarmed that Eye-boy may be able to see into Moira’s No Space, and god knows what else.
    Oh shit. Didn't even think of this.

I wanted to like this, and I love the Daken stuff, but I think the end of the issue inadvertently highlighted why its hard to get invested. Almost the entire team died, their base got trashed, and then POOF! all fixed. No biggie. A couple conversations have been forgotten.

How am I supposed to get invested? When even something as dire as ritual slaughter doesn't matter? Morrigan is a terrifying threat, and then she's handled in a third of an issue. So little of a threat that they can brush off getting anyone else involved.

I haven’t been a fan of this series but this issue I enjoyed. The art is bad, especially given the premise of the book and today’s issue just put a big spotlight on that. I’m really enjoying Prodigy searching into his own death, and the horror aspect from the Morrigan was a great move but the super cartoony art just really doesn’t sell the vibe at all. The best part of the issue was Northstar’s reply to Professor X, “no” lol.

Edit: I don’t know who the dude with claws and a tattoo is, but it’s not Daken, at least not one I’ve read before.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I wanted to like this, and I love the Daken stuff, but I think the end of the issue inadvertently highlighted why its hard to get invested. Almost the entire team died, their base got trashed, and then POOF! all fixed. No biggie. A couple conversations have been forgotten.

How am I supposed to get invested? When even something as dire as ritual slaughter doesn't matter? Morrigan is a terrifying threat, and then she's handled in a third of an issue. So little of a threat that they can brush off getting anyone else involved.
    They didn't solved everything, but the most critical problems were solved easily.

It's hard to like this book, writing and art are too flawed

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

The callous death and resurrection thing is something that has been a problem for me in a lot of titles, but the reasons you've highlighted show how bad it can get with improper usage/writing. Just piss poor storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I haven’t been a fan of this series but this issue I enjoyed. The art is bad, especially given the premise of the book and today’s issue just put a big spotlight on that. I’m really enjoying Prodigy searching into his own death, and the horror aspect from the Morrigan was a great move but the super cartoony art just really doesn’t sell the vibe at all. The best part of the issue was Northstar’s reply to Professor X, “no” lol.

Edit: I don’t know who the dude with claws and a tattoo is, but it’s not Daken, at least not one I’ve read before.
    Agreed on everything! This series could be so good, but it just can't pick a lane. Ideas like Prodigy quietly trying to figure out his own "death" are brilliant. Soap opera love stories, googly eyes, throwaway deaths (in a series that's supposed to be putting mutant death under a microscope), and Amazing Baby... not brilliant.

And I don't see Daken in this series either. Williams was bragging that she'd make everyone fall in love with Daken and all she did was turn him into the boring badboy heartthrob.

Amazing Member

Can anyone translate what the Morrigan is saying/screaming in this issue? or is it just gibberish?

I think Baldeon's art has improved over the years, and while I don't think it's bad, I agree his cartoonish style is a mismatch for this book. It's fine for the lighter moments, but it isn't great at conveying serious or menacing tones. I'd say it's a better fit for a book like Runaways or Power Pack.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 03-11-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Leah & David are such an incredible team. There was a single "oops" on the lettering, where a speech bubble was coming from Prodigy when the words were clearly Daken's, during the big splash with Eyeboy's vantage points, but that little blip aside, what a creeeeepy and delightful issue. I loved the inclusion of Japanese characters in some of the Daken bits.

I did have one "Huh?" moment: The "jump scare" thing with Prodigy and his tech, when analyzing the photograph of he and Tommy? What was that about? I found his outrage charming but I still didn't fully understand why this hologram(?) of a face appeared. Just some techy asshole prank thing?

I really enjoyed this issue. The team is really coming together and Williams voice for Daken is getting better. I loved all of the little Easter eggs in the beginning, like the twins watching the Birds with Tippi Hedren surrounded by black birds.

David's mysterious death in getting interesting.

Polaris' being pissed was a treat.

Rachel looked sweet in her outfit and I love her hound-mark power display. I don't think that they're still there physically thou.

And I literally hollowed at Jean-Paul's one word response to Xavier's request. And I agree that he only wants to know about Eye-boy's expanding power because of Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. The team is really coming together and Williams voice for Daken is getting better. I loved all of the little Easter eggs in the beginning, like the twins watching the Birds with Tippi Hedren surrounded by black birds.

David's mysterious death in getting interesting.

Polaris' being pissed was a treat.

Rachel looked sweet in her outfit and I love her hound-mark power display. I don't think that they're still there physically thou.

And I literally hollowed at Jean-Paul's one word response to Xavier's request. And I agree that he only wants to know about Eye-boy's expanding power because of Moira.
    Yes, all of that! I didn't know what to write, but this is perfect to sum up what I feel.
    I see also how many have strong opinion about Baldeon art, but I love it, it's very much what I want from this comics.

I really want to like X-Factor. There really are some good things going on in this comic. The horror story involving the Morrigan, even though I'm not fond of that character. The character interactions are mostly pretty good.

A problem that I still have is the art that is used in this comic. It isn't bad, I just don't think that it fits the current horror story being told. Perhaps it will look better on the upcoming Mojo story. Personally, I think that this art would look better on a comic like Deadpool.

I like most of the cast on this comic, with the exceptions of Daken and Eye Boy. For me, the real standout character in this comic is Northstar. Polaris is close behind.
    X-Factor isn't a bad comic, I just find it to be really hit or miss.

As far as issue#8 goes, one thing that I did not understand is why Eye Boy simply didn't tell Rachel that he was seeing things, and have her do a telepathic scan of Eye Boy's mind, to help figure what was going on. Did I miss an explanation for why this didn't happen.

Also, I believe that the Morrigan can leave the Boneyard. She has left the Boneyard to be in other parts of Krakoa. We've seen her there. We've also seen her in Barcelona. Why didn't the Morrigan simply chase Prodigy and Eye Boy and kill them before they could inform the X-Men what was going on. Did I miss an explanation for this somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I really want to like X-Factor. There really are some good things going on in this comic. The horror story involving the Morrigan, even though I'm not fond of that character. The character interactions are mostly pretty good.

A problem that I still have is the art that is used in this comic. It isn't bad, I just don't think that it fits the current horror story being told. Perhaps it will look better on the upcoming Mojo story. Personally, I think that this art would look better on a comic like Deadpool.

I like most of the cast on this comic, with the exceptions of Daken and Eye Boy. For me, the real standout character in this comic is Northstar. Polaris is close behind.
    X-Factor isn't a bad comic, I just find it to be really hit or miss.

As far as issue#8 goes, one thing that I did not understand is why Eye Boy simply didn't tell Rachel that he was seeing things, and have her do a telepathic scan of Eye Boy's mind, to help figure what was going on. Did I miss an explanation for why this didn't happen.

Also, I believe that the Morrigan can leave the Boneyard. She has left the Boneyard to be in other parts of Krakoa. We've seen her there. We've also seen her in Barcelona. Why didn't the Morrigan simply chase Prodigy and Eye Boy and kill them before they could inform the X-Men what was going on. Did I miss an explanation for this somewhere.
    I think Eyeboy’s lack of confidence and fear of speaking up due to him being the newbie of the team is starting to be a reoccurring thing. I’m hoping it develops into an actual story point where they sit him down and explain that if he’s gonna be a part of the team then he has to trust his instincts and speak up.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-11-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Eyeboy’s lack of confidence and fear of speaking up due to him being the newbie of the team is starting to be a reoccurring thing. I’m hoping it develops into an actually story point where they sit him down and explain that if he’s gonna be a part of the team then he has to trust his instincts and speak up.
    That makes a lot of sense. I guess that I will have to go back and read the other X-Factor comics to check this theory out. I hadn't noticed it before. I must not be paying close enough to Eyeboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. I guess that I will have to go back and read the other X-Factor comics to check this theory out. I hadn't noticed it before. I must not be paying close enough to Eyeboy.
    The last time it happened was in this arc, when he didn’t mention that Lorna was lying.