Fantastic Member

Default ToP Gohan vs. Super Buu

Tournament of Power Gohan vs. Super Buu. Who wins?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Tournament of Power Gohan vs. Super Buu. Who wins?
    IIRC, ToP Gohan was depicted as getting back into his groove after getting out of shape and ended up being depicted as being at least on the same general tier as Golden Frieza when he gets serious, which seems sufficient to place him as being at least as powerful as the version of Gohan that was curbstomping Super Buu until the latter absorbed SSJ3 Gotenks.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't think I'd give Gohan "Golden Frieza Level" based on his showings, but then, that's like 6 bridges too far for Super Buu in any case. I'd certainly give Gohan "capable of beating anyone from Z" status as of the ToP.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Swiss army nerd

Gohan going all out after getting his mojo back was enough to make Goku have to kick in kaio Ken to beat him, Gohan even yelling at Blue Goku "you won't beat me like that!" so he's at least as strong as/stronger than RoF Golden Frieza at that point. We don't know how much stronger either of them got between those points and the ToP.

Anyway, this means Gohan takes Buu pretty trivially.

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Gohan was already dominating Super Buu back in Z and TOP Gohan is many times stronger than he was then. Gohan was arguably already much stronger than he was against Super Buu even before he got his Ultimate form back from his year of training with Piccolo after the fight with Frieza. He was fighting evenly with Goku at the base and super saiyan 1 levels when they sparred for fun on the farm after he became Great Saiyaman again, which was already a huge improvement over his super saiyan form being nothing compared to Goku's base form in the fight with Frieza. In the manga he's even more ridiculously strong, being evenly matched with super saiyan Kefla.

Gohan probably doesn't even need to use that much power to unleash a blast that can wipe Buu out utterly. Even Buutenks and Buuhan are nothing to him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think I'd give Gohan "Golden Frieza Level" based on his showings, but then, that's like 6 bridges too far for Super Buu in any case. I'd certainly give Gohan "capable of beating anyone from Z" status as of the ToP.
    During the TOP (anime version at least) Gohan did threaten Freeza to stay in line, or he would take him out himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    During the TOP (anime version at least) Gohan did threaten Freeza to stay in line, or he would take him out himself.
    And Frieza doesn't challenge him on that claim and backs off, which lends some credence to his threat.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm not saying that Gohan is quite as powerful as Golden Frieza, but he is powerful enough that Golden Frieza considers Gohan to be a good asset in a fight against someone that was powerful enough to give him trouble solo and that Gohan didn't think Golden Frieza eclipsed him to a degree that Gohan stood absolutely no chance in a straight fight.

Mighty Member

Isn't Gohan in the manga even stronger than Golden Frieza, i think i have seen that he matched Super Kefla or am i wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Isn't Gohan in the manga even stronger than Golden Frieza, i think i have seen that he matched Super Kefla or am i wrong about that?
    Not. You're not wrong. Gohan was evenly matched with Kefla in the manga. Though I'm not sure if Kefla was depicted as powerful as her anime counterpart. The ToP in the manga was wildly different than the anime. I mean Master Roshi was the reason Goku obtained Ultra Instinct for instance.

Regardless of Manga or Anime, both versions of Gohan should have no real problem with Super Buu