View Poll Results: Underrated Detective?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman (Bruce Wayne)

0 0%
  • Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

30 33.71%
  • Red Hood (Jason Todd)

16 17.98%
  • Red Robin (Tim Drake)

10 11.24%
  • Robin (Damian Wayne)

6 6.74%
  • Batwoman (Kate Kane)

3 3.37%
  • Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

1 1.12%
  • Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

4 4.49%
  • Orphan (Cassandra Cain)

2 2.25%
  • Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)

9 10.11%
  • Azrael (Jean-Paul Valley)

0 0%
  • Batwing (Luke Fox)

0 0%
  • Signal (Duke Thomas)

3 3.37%
  • Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

0 0%
  • Commissioner James Gordon

5 5.62%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

NOTE: This thread was originally started in March of 2021.
    ------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From the original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Screw all those other polls about power levels and crap! Let’s focus on what makes Batman unique: his detective skills. Sure he can jump around rooftops with his billions and punch thugs into crippling debt faster than the candy man can… but so can Green Arrow. What sets Bruce apart his world class detective skills - something that he has passed on to every protege and something that every close ally of his have in common.

This poll asks the question: who is, in your opinion, the most underrated detective in the bat-family?

This poll is not asking who the best detective in the family is - but who in the family is commonly regarded as less skilled then they actually are.

You could make an argument for Dick, who was trained personally by Bruce. You could make an argument for Cassandra, who is able to detect the truth through body reading. You could make an argument for Jean-Paul, as The System implanted within him has incredible knowledge on every subject. Or do you think the Dark Knight himself is downplayed in his own domain?

Vote in the poll, make your case and we’ll see who the dark horse detective truly is.
    With 74 people having voted,
    * Nightwing (Dick Grayson) = 26 votes
    * Red Hood (Jason Todd) = 13 votes
    * Red Robin (Tim Drake) = 6 votes
    * Spoiler (Stephanie Brown) = 6 votes
    * Robin (Damian Wayne) = 6 votes
    * Commissioner James Gordon = 5 votes
    * Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) = 4 votes

All other choices still have less than four votes each.
    Though Signal (Duke Thomas) currently has 3 votes.

I still have to say the two oldest, Dick and Jason, often get overlooked as Detectives. Dick for being categorized as "too care free" by some, and Jason as a "violent maniac" by some.

Dick has spent time as a (pretty good) Batman, and is proven as a Detective. Jason, just like the rest, was drilled with the know-how of being a Detective, combined with his street-smarts, gives him his own paths of handling cases (the Cheer storyline actually did a good job of that).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I still have to say the two oldest, Dick and Jason, often get overlooked as Detectives. Dick for being categorized as "too care free" by some, and Jason as a "violent maniac" by some.

Dick has spent time as a (pretty good) Batman, and is proven as a Detective. Jason, just like the rest, was drilled with the know-how of being a Detective, combined with his street-smarts, gives him his own paths of handling cases (the Cheer storyline actually did a good job of that).
    Disagree with you about Dick being "overlooked" for his detective skills, but Jason is a different case. His agenda / method of handling crime these days seems to overshadow his past training towards being a detective.

Disagree with you about Dick being "overlooked" for his detective skills, but Jason is a different case. His agenda / method of handling crime these days seems to overshadow his past training towards being a detective.
    Just to point out, in the case of Jason, he has used his smarts and detective skills in RHATO quite often, in that Cheer story for very good use, and in Future State Gotham for even a more important effect. And I think this is going to also be the case in Task Force Z and Get Joker, eventually. He's quite observant in both books so far, so it could serve some eventual dectiving.

Jason's skills and smarts are shown often enough in his stories. The problem is when he's in a book with the other bats and their friends, where he more often than not turns into the muscle guy, the aggresive kid, the snarky jerk or the comic relief. And those are the books most people read. Hence why people don't think he's much of a detective, I guess.

I still think Jim Gordon or Steph are even more underrated.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-27-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

not sure what Tim is doing on this list. he is the most over rated and wanked batfamily member. i assume this thread is a gag thread.

The inclusion of the world's greatest detective and the Robin that is supposed to have surpassed the world's greatest seems like mockery.

Someone should start a poll for the most over rated Detective

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    . . . Someone should start a poll for the most over rated Detective
    These days, Bruce might be the one who gets the most votes.

These days, Bruce might be the one who gets the most votes.
    Hey, at least they're giving him some actual detective stories lately. That has to count positively somehow.

Uh... can someone tell me why people think this is a "gag" or "joke" thread? Or that it was made in bad faith?
    How? Because I put Bruce and Tim there? I was trying to be comprehensive in choice, but whatever I guess.

Wow, Batman is the most underrated Batman character? I find that hard to believe, personally.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wow, Batman is the most underrated Batman character? I find that hard to believe, personally.
    You do notice that, up to now (with 80 people having voted), nobody has voted for him as being an "underrated detective"?

But it does make sense to include him on the poll to see if there might be any people who seriously feel that way.

But it does make sense to include him on the poll to see if there might be any people who seriously feel that way.
    This was basically my reasoning. I didn't include someone like Tim in there because I actually consider him underrated (although considering he has some votes, it seems some people do), but in the case that someone does, they have an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hey, at least they're giving him some actual detective stories lately. That has to count positively somehow.
    Edward Nygma is a better detective than Batman these days.

[QUOTE=MajorHoy;5831647]You do notice that, up to now (with 80 people having voted), nobody has voted for him as being an "underrated detective"?

I see I misread it. Still, Dick Grayson underrated? Heck, no.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You do notice that, up to now (with 80 people having voted), nobody has voted for him as being an "underrated detective"?
    I see I misread it. Still, Dick Grayson underrated? Heck, no.
    People will vote for Dick Grayson for ANYTHING, even something like "best love interest for Superman (Clark Kent version)".

Eeh, valid arguments were made.