Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, guess again why Wanda fans don't want her in X-franchise?
    Just my hot take, Wanda functionally worked for free for X-franchise's "mutant extinction narrative", like she literally gets zero benefit and compensation out of it.
    And then X-franchise still loves to milk that hate boner for profit, I think reasonable X-fans will just keep it to themselves and focus on what they like for X-Men franchise, and let Wanda be on her own without the baggage of X-franchise.

Magneto and Apocalypse have their moments of "redemption" because they are bloody X-characters, Wanda got a pass in A-franchise because she is an Avengers character. Really simple.
    see im not advocating for the character to get trashed on the avengers title (if she was in any that is), but when it comes to the x-books the scarlet witch is an antagonist, a villain.

plain, cut and dry.
    She can be in every avenger title for all that i care being a hero and saving puppies and babies, but in my opinion when it comes to the corner of mutants, she doesn't deserve anything above what she is getting right now, wich is the Pretender title and the nation wide hatred she rightfully deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    The X-Men fandoms treatment of Wanda is always very enlightening, in that they'll crucify a character who's wrongdoings were done during a mental breakdown where she wasn't in control of her actions,
    Thats not how Mental illness works It doesnt absolve a person of their wrongdoing. Its been a basic law since forever Hell even Hercules got punished for impaired behavior...The Pretender just went on vacation After killing countless people After getting 'possessed' by the life Force After going to Dr Doom for more power After finding out about her fake kids After finding out how her own powers effect her mental stability Sooo at what point was she OOC? And if the magic of Dr Strange and mental feats of Prof X couldnt help her and prevent HoM youd trust a pill and therapy? Thats insane The Avengers just cool with letting an unpredictable WoMD prance around freely...sigh
    but they'll jump over every hurdle to tell you how great people like Apocalypse and Magneto are, who have both deliberately committed atrocities in their right mind for years with zero guilt
    Um Do so youre claiming being a slave or after just witnessing your family friends neighbors executed then crawling out of their mass grave at 13 doesn't leave a lasting mental imprint...ok
    Or when it comes to characters like Cyclops and his actions in recent years they'll excuse everything he did as bad writing that doesn't fit the character and thus should be ignored but won't extend the same courtesy to Wanda despite that being very much true for her if not more so.
    the people Cyclops possessed actions touched pales in comparison to the collosal ripple effect 'No More Mutants' had
    It's all very blatant hypocrisy.
    oh is there a X-Men members who committed Genocide? No? Then I fail to see how the 'hypocrisy' is blatant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wana was already forgiven with a shitty retcon in her home franchise, we hate wanda because she's a prime mutant antagonist in sheeps clothing.
    She's our joffrey, a horrid villain that STILL NEEDS to get some reckoning, some defeat, some pie in her face, some sweet deserts.

Magneto and Apocalypse at the very least have many a panel being dragged trough the floor for said villainous actions, once wnady gets her turn ill be satisfied
    lol YAAAAS!

Yeah I don't see how people miss this.... pretty obvious
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-13-2021 at 06:07 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

see im not advocating for the character to get trashed on the avengers title (if she was in any that is), but when it comes to the x-books the scarlet witch is an antagonist, a villain.

plain, cut and dry.
    She can be in every avenger title for all that i care being a hero and saving puppies and babies, but in my opinion when it comes to the corner of mutants, she doesn't deserve anything above what she is getting right now, wich is the Pretender title and the nation wide hatred she rightfully deserves
    She should be none-existent to X-franchise, meaning X-office should not drag her to be fuel for drama.
    It's also cut and dry, but no X-franchise won't let it go.

BANNED

She should be none-existent to X-franchise, meaning X-office should not drag her to be fuel for drama.
    It's also cut and dry, but no X-franchise won't let it go.
    she caused 8 years of stories, im sorry to say but that matters way more than the integrity of one character, unless you have a solution I dont see them letting go the main villain/cause of a near decade of great stories.
    The xoffice has to write for the x-men, and dragging the Pretender is part of it.

Extraordinary Member

she caused 8 years of stories, im sorry to say but that matters way more than the integrity of one character, unless you have a solution I dont see them letting go the main villain/cause of a near decade of great stories.
    The xoffice has to write for the x-men, and dragging the Pretender is part of it.
    Can I safely call X-franchise parasites then? It's not like their stories will be gone, I am calling for them stop using Wanda in their stories and dramas from this point, like that shitty Hickman situation. Or I guess X-franchise just love to allow themselves the utter disrespect of other character because they are more "important"?

I want complete separation that X-franchise is not allowed to milk that dumb narrative, is it that important for X-Men, does the mighty X-Men rely on that petty squabble?

BANNED

Can I safely call X-franchise parasites then? It's not like their stories will be gone, I am calling for them stop using Wanda in their stories and dramas from this point, like that shitty Hickman situation. Or I guess X-franchise just love to allow themselves the utter disrespect of other character because they are more "important"?

I want complete separation that X-franchise is not allowed to milk that dumb narrative, is it that important for X-Men, does the mighty X-Men rely on that petty squabble?
    Yes but she's the pretender, you can't remove the main cause of those stories, its like watching a show waiting for the main villain to get some reckoning and then it never comes, it won't ever stop, all you can hope for is more avenger offices content.

I'd never consider Cyclops or Wanda villains because they were heroes for literally decades before being possessed. Antagonists in those stories, sure. And I don't blame Cyke for killing Xavier. :P
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

I blame Byrne and Bendis personally

Doom did it. Canon

Sorry for bringing up an old wound but Uncanny Avengers treated both Rogue and Scarlet Witch horribly. Two of my favorite Marvel characters became the most hated characters in the Title. They miraculously outranked Wolverine.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

I feel there's a difference between doing something due to being mentally unstable and being intentionally evil.

She went to Doom because of her depression over losing her sons, but Decimation was due to possession by the life force. Wanda normally is not seeking out to do things because of her mental illness. And I don't like the idea of fiction portraying mental illness to be a tendency to hurt others, when it's way more likely to lead to self-harm.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Do you feel Marvel hasn't generally handled it well?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

By the time Mutants turn up in the movies, MCU Wanda will be done as a character. Even if she isn't done, there's no connection between her and Mutants. They're not going to do House of M. Nothing Wanda did in the comics matters for the movies. Totally different characters, so I wouldn't hold her comic book actions against her in the movies.

In the comics, Wanda's problem is that for a character that has been around for 60 years and had a regular place on the Avengers, mini-series, and big events, she's had a shockingly unremarkable existence. Her only well-known stories (known beyond her handful of fans) are Darker Than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M. So she doesn't have any really iconic stories to balance out the bad ones. Just a few unmemorable moments that never broke through beyond the niche.

In 6 years of movies, Wanda has surpassed her namesake in every imaginable way. She's had multiple positive moments. Yes, she started as goth Jean Grey, but unlike her comics' namesake, MCU Wanda has become an interesting, complicated character that people know and like.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    By the time Mutants turn up in the movies, MCU Wanda will be done as a character. Even if she isn't done, there's no connection between her and Mutants. They're not going to do House of M. Nothing Wanda did in the comics matters for the movies. Totally different characters, so I wouldn't hold her comic book actions against her in the movies.

In the comics, Wanda's problem is that for a character that has been around for 60 years and had a regular place on the Avengers, mini-series, and big events, she's had a shockingly unremarkable existence. Her only well-known stories (known beyond her handful of fans) are Darker Than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M. So she doesn't have any really iconic stories to balance out the bad ones. Just a few unmemorable moments that never broke through beyond the niche.

In 6 years of movies, Wanda has surpassed her namesake in every imaginable way. She's had multiple positive moments. Yes, she started as goth Jean Grey, but unlike her comics' namesake, MCU Wanda has become an interesting, complicated character that people know and like.
    Idk, mutants will supposedly be her around 3 or 4 years, and she might still be around in some capacity