Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Simple. They can't defend their argument.Wanda would be no more welcome on Krakoa than the Plauge was in Europe There are just too many who want to see her head mounted on a pike.

Before anyone says anything:

Mags had reasons for his actions.

Wanda is just a Loon.
    Wanda in comics was possessed at the time. Loon really isn't a great way of describing people with mental illness. But she did not depower mutants because of that. Her depression could have made her seek out the Life Force to begin with though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The movies aren't the comics so I don't think they would deal with the Pretender stuff.

The most interesting angle they have is Magneto being Wanda's father. But that could be the plot of WandaMagneto than the next X-men film.
    The movies aren’t the comics and if something has been done badly in comics doesn’t mean we should assume it would be necessarily done badly in movies.

That Wanda has a father she would be ashamed and which with she would have a bad relationship could be an interesting thing. It’s not like this kind of thing hasn’t been tackled before in movies.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Or Marvel allowed Bendis and Remender to ruin the character so horridly that Hickman just burned the bridge.
    he's pretty much dealing the killing blow on any possible wanda redemption and turning the ashes into x-men gold

Unpopular opinion.
    Wanda is one of my favorite Marvel characters but I absolutely detest the way she has been treated in the past 2-4 decades. Frequent possession, mental breakdowns, and unneeded drama have caused an assassination on her character. Since the MCU did a surprisingly good job in WandaVision I would like to see a reverse Decimation where Wanda brings in Mutants to the MCU via an alternate reality, revealing/creating mutants, or some other possibility. Afterward, she can go on her merry with a cameo here and there. That way we don't repeat the unnecessary baggage of the comics. Including having a good relationship with the X-Men, unlike certain continuity.
    Now I remember how badly handled the ending of House of M and Decimation were. After a while, you get tired of the extinction plot.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Unpopular opinion.
    Wanda is one of my favorite Marvel characters but I absolutely detest the way she has been treated in the past 2-4 decades. Frequent possession, mental breakdowns, and unneeded drama have caused an assassination on her character. Since the MCU did a surprisingly good job in WandaVision I would like to see a reverse Decimation where Wanda brings in Mutants to the MCU via an alternate reality, revealing/creating mutants, or some other possibility. Afterward, she can go on her merry with a cameo here and there. That way we don't repeat the unnecessary baggage of the comics. Including having a good relationship with the X-Men, unlike certain continuity.
    Now I remember how badly handled the ending of House of M and Decimation were. After a while, you get tired of the extinction plot.
    That just uses her yet again as a plot device for the story of others. Which was the major problem with HoM. It does nothing for her. And won't have any bearing on her being forgiven in comics for M-day, nor in the MCU for Westview.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Unpopular opinion.
    A lot of Wanda fans consider her bringing in the mutants just a glorified version of her "No More Mutant" moment.
    Both are essentially using her as a plot device to further another franchise's narrative and stories.
    At the end of the day she is simply not really an X-character and shouldn't be burdened with the baggage of X-franchise, be it creating them or destroying them.(Like seriously, if she is responsible for a large group of "Multiversal immigrants", is she responsible for their well-being and the potential harm they cause in MCU's Earth, those are just some unneeded complications.)

There is a reason why I said unpopular opinion (since it mostly applies to the comic-book forums) *wink wink
    Most of the people I talk to aren't comic-book readers or have limited knowledge of the character so their perception of Wanda and possible X-Men connection are quite different. Their exposure was the early cartoons as an Avenger and X-Men. They are completely unaware of the whole Magneto Retcon.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The movies aren’t the comics and if something has been done badly in comics doesn’t mean we should assume it would be necessarily done badly in movies.

That Wanda has a father she would be ashamed and which with she would have a bad relationship could be an interesting thing. It’s not like this kind of thing hasn’t been tackled before in movies.
    New Mutant Movie--as badly done some things were done in the X-comics, that movie set a whole new standard for flat out doing it badly no matter what the format used.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 03-12-2021 at 04:08 AM.

There is a reason why I said unpopular opinion (since it mostly applies to the comic-book forums) *wink wink
    Most of the people I talk to aren't comic-book readers or have limited knowledge of the character so their perception of Wanda and possible X-Men connection are quite different. Their exposure was the early cartoons as an Avenger and X-Men. They are completely unaware of the whole Magneto Retcon.
    I can attest as someone who originally just watched animated shows like Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men, I was SHOOK when I found out Wanda was more of an Avengers character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No she won't, nor is there a good reason as to why she would be.

The Brie Larson hate has always been funny to me, especially when some people pretend that it's about her characterization meanwhile ignoring that Thor was bland for both his movies until the third one, the first Captain America movie was forgettable and that there are loads of MCU characters lacking. Brie is perpetually vilified because she said the universe doesn't revolve around a portion of comic book fans and it will continue to be funny to me.
    I don't see myself as a Brie hater, I think it is the overexposure that makes it look as if people there are haters because her being overexposed means more will gives their opinions , so when you hear many people say she is bland and boring, it feels like she is getting hated upon.

As for Thor. I believe his best film is the first film and the best self of Thor. He was boring in second movie and has become a total joke in his third film and Endgame.

However Elizabeth Olsen to me just has more WOW factor than Brie.

Ultimate Member

How is Brie Larson overexposed?

BANNED

We should get a wanda megathread to comply discussion..

I hope so. Bring Wanda and Pietro back where they belong.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    the pretender is where she belongs: as a human avenger and witch

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What do you mean?