Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MagyesV View Post
    Remember when fox make Wolverine the main protagonist of their first 3 x-men movie. Disney/Marvel would do the same with Wanda Maximoff. They've said her story is not over and she will be in doctor strange 2 and possibly movies and tv shows. She is alread established character, it's make easy for people(never read an x-men comic book) to be interested the x-men movie instead of characters they dont know for a movie they nothing about.

elizabeth olsen impress me, she is a good actresse i think she could carried the x-men's movie franchise as the main protagonist
    Doubt it, nor do I want her to be. I want her stuff to be her own. And X-Men to have their own thing. There's no way for either side to benefit from it. They don't need another Mystique situation.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

No she won't, nor is there a good reason as to why she would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    What I will say about Elizabeth Orlsen, she is more mesmerizing to watch on screen than Brie Larson and can carry a story a lot more.

The Brie Larson hate has always been funny to me, especially when some people pretend that it's about her characterization meanwhile ignoring that Thor was bland for both his movies until the third one, the first Captain America movie was forgettable and that there are loads of MCU characters lacking. Brie is perpetually vilified because she said the universe doesn't revolve around a portion of comic book fans and it will continue to be funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Yeah, shows Hickman panders to toxic fans
    Stop picking on us.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

In the MCU she's a better Jean Grey, so I'm down to that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Stop picking on us.
    Yeah, maybe we shouldn't fight each other

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    In the MCU she's a better Jean Grey, so I'm down to that.
    I kinda agree. Too bad for Jean

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

MCU Wanda is by all appearances not a mutant so I doubt it. It's more likely the mutants are connected to the Eternals or Deviants imo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    MCU Wanda is by all appearances not a mutant so I doubt it. It's more likely the mutants are connected to the Eternals or Deviants imo
    It's possible. This might be an altered version of the Celestial origin

Y'all stay tryna set Wanda up to get dragged she out here living her best life untouched & unbothered leave her be.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Yeah, shows Hickman panders to toxic fans
    Or Marvel allowed Bendis and Remender to ruin the character so horridly that Hickman just burned the bridge.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Honestly the Pretender stuff sounds pretentious to me.
    But is it a lie tho?
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    What I will say about Elizabeth Orlsen, she is more mesmerizing to watch on screen than Brie Larson and can carry a story a lot more.
    Evidence? Most people know her for 1 character

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I sympathize with X-Men fans due to No More Mutants, but this just seems weird. I mean, didn't the Phoenix Force destroy a whole planet, yet that's ok. Isn't Magneto a genocidal maniac?
    Well the PF is a Celestial entity, not a 'person' with assumedly human emotions/empathy...and The X-Men didn't welcome it as a teammate and present it to the public as a hero... trying to point out hypocrisy really Waters down the sympathy' angle
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    The Brie Larson hate has always been funny to me, especially when some people pretend that it's about her characterization meanwhile ignoring that Thor was bland for both his movies until the third one, the first Captain America movie was forgettable and that there are loads of MCU characters lacking. Brie is perpetually vilified because she said the universe doesn't revolve around a portion of comic book fans and it will continue to be funny to me.
    Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Or Marvel allowed Bendis and Remender to ruin the character so horridly that Hickman just burned the bridge.
    This.
    Period. lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Brie Larson slander sigh. Like who whoever you like but let's not pretend Brie Larson is bad at her job

Larson has received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a British Academy Film Award

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think so the MCU mostly tries to get by the book stories that already were done in comics and while sometimes they will add something else to give it a more modern look or in the case of Hank Pym, better character development, they don´t really change too much the stories and the fact of the matter is that Wanda, even when she was a mutant, wasn´t an X-men character, she´s an Avenger character.

I hope they take their time in gettign the X-men to the MCU so when the team comes together it can a good movie where the public knows the new characters well.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Hah I was joking. I adore Wanda in the comics and have been enjoying her journey in the MCU, Lizzie Olsen is a fantastic actress and I would welcome any role she might have in the cinematic future of the X-Men. With regards to "toxic fans", everyone please remember these are fictional characters.
    I just want to say I’m a greater fan of any good story more than I am a fan of any character…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

This is the best thing that could happen to the X-Men franchise, but Scarlet Witch is now tied to a long tradition of witches. Mutants have no culture or tradition. They are simply irradiated creatures with damaged DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    This is the best thing that could happen to the X-Men franchise, but Scarlet Witch is now tied to a long tradition of witches. Mutants have no culture or tradition. They are simply irradiated creatures with damaged DNA.
    I saw them more like individuals which had, each of them, their culture and tradition. This “mutant culture” is quite a new thing, not very deeply rooted.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe