Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

She could be a POV character/audience surrogate. Those are useful in dealing with exposition. The goal is to have them ask the questions the audience would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I saw them more like individuals which had, each of them, their culture and tradition. This “mutant culture” is quite a new thing, not very deeply rooted.
    Mutant Culture should have always been a thing, Writers just been bad for a long time. They think having a minority meant not groups of mutants around each other and every time that happened they destoryed which is why Genosha and District X got culled and we got decimation. It is not really a new thing it is just Marvel writer never seem to get millions of people around billions of people is a minority.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    But is it a lie tho?

Evidence? Most people know her for 1 character

Well the PF is a Celestial entity, not a 'person' with assumedly human emotions/empathy...and The X-Men didn't welcome it as a teammate and present it to the public as a hero... trying to point out hypocrisy really Waters down the sympathy' angle
    I don't know if it counts as a lie if she was led to believe she was a mutant

You're right about the Phoenix force, but what about Magneto?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How about introduce mutants with....mutants!
    This is genius

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    This is genius
    Haha, I can't claim to be one. But mutants in the MCU should stand on their own

I don't know if it counts as a lie if she was led to believe she was a mutant

You're right about the Phoenix force, but what about Magneto?
    It still fits as an accurate description of her.
    And what about Magneto? After surviving one Holocaust and seeing the threads of another one rising Im not gonna fault him for that. The X-Men fought him for years and he's recently relented and came over to their side. Committing Genocide and being genocidal are both gross but light years apart Wanda almost ended a whole group of people with no provocation Magnetos attitude was a reaction of threats and crimes against him and his people
    GrindrStone(D)

And what about Magneto? After surviving one Holocaust and seeing the threads of another one rising Im not gonna fault him for that. The X-Men fought him for years and he's recently relented and came over to their side. Committing Genocide and being genocidal are both gross but light years apart Wanda almost ended a whole group of people with no provocation Magnetos attitude was a reaction of threats and crimes against him and his people
    Wanda wasn't the one that declared herself a mutant. That was Mags. As soon as she found out the truth, she stopped calling herself a mutant.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Haha, I can't claim to be one. But mutants in the MCU should stand on their own
    Amen, you stand corrected

Ultimate Member

But Magneto has still killed innocent people, and didn't he contribute to her going mentally unstable with his bad parenting? (if I'm not mistaken) Magneto uses the Holocaust as an excuse to be Hitler sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda wasn't the one that declared herself a mutant. That was Mags. As soon as she found out the truth, she stopped calling herself a mutant.
    Pretender...
    a person who claims or aspires to a title or position.

Unknowingly or not definition and name still sticks

But Magneto has still killed innocent people, and didn't he contribute to her going mentally unstable with his bad parenting? (if I'm not mistaken) Magneto uses the Holocaust as an excuse to be Hitler sometimes
    Well I'm not tryna defend magneto I don't know why every time Wanda and MDay gets mentioned it quickly turns into what other characters have done
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-11-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Pretender...

Well I'm not tryna defend magneto I don't know why every time Wanda and MDay gets mentioned it quickly turns into what other characters have done
    Pretender means that title wasn't theirs and they knew it too. Also a poser. Wanda didn't know because comics didn't know until 2014.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Pretender...

It's not like Wanda ever wanted to be a mutant as a matter of fact she hated it so calling her a pretender is a reach, Pietro is more of a pretender as he actually enjoyed the few privileges of mutant status be got such as relevance. I would label Wanda a Sham tis more accurate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    This is the best thing that could happen to the X-Men franchise, but Scarlet Witch is now tied to a long tradition of witches. Mutants have no culture or tradition. They are simply irradiated creatures with damaged DNA.
    And whatever culture they're developing now they're just ripping off from the Eternals and Inhumans.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The "pretender" insult doesnīt make sense to me and I donīt think Wandaīs character cares too much about it, I think she cares more about what she did inside story. The X-men left it clear there would not be bigger consequences for Wanda than to be rejected by the mutant community after CC and thatīs exactly whatīs happening she has her life with the Avengers and at Strangeīs Academy and the X-men have Krakoa now, things are a little better now.

But I think we as fans take it more seriously than the characters themselves are taking it, in one issue of Marauders callisto made mention of the pretender but without vitrol, she just wanted her powers back and was asking Storm to help her. Thereīs a subplot going on but given Tommy can come and go at any time, despite his relationship with Wanda, this means we probably are making a bigger deal of what it will be in the story.

Yes Pietro cared about mutants more than Wanda but not because of the "privilege to be a mutant" but because it was a community in which he felt he belonged and was accepted, for a character rejected for most areas in his life this was a big deal, thatīs why after M-Day he tried to help in getting the mutants their powers back that and the fact he didnīt did the decimation is what makes him seen in a better light at the moment than Wanda and I think the writers just have conveniently forgotten this fact about Pietro because itīs a great story, heīs not supposed to be a mutant anymore, his sister is seen as a pariah by them but he still has some good friends with them and honestly cares for them mutant causa so this is an interesting conflict the writers could use to develop this subplot.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-11-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    And whatever culture they're developing now they're just ripping off from the Eternals and Inhumans.
    I doubt that. LOL. Even if I am not into Krakoa. there is always something unque xmen will have that will make it a different. I think people need to be more explanatory to be more convincing. .