Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The "pretender" insult doesnīt make sense to me and I donīt think Wandaīs character cares too much about it, I think she cares more about what she did inside story. The X-men left it clear there would not be bigger consequences for Wanda than to be rejected by the mutant community after CC and thatīs exactly whatīs happening she has her life with the Avengers and at Strangeīs Academy and the X-men have Krakoa now, it things are a little better.

But I think we as fan take it more seriously than the characters themselves are taking it, in one issue of Marauders callisto made mention of the pretender but without vitrol, she just wanted her powers back and was asking Storm to help her. Thereīs a subplot going on but given Tommy can come and go at any time, despite his relationship with Wanda, this means we probably are making a bigger deal of what it will be in the story.

And Yes Pietro cared about mutants more than Wanda but not because of the "privilege to be a mutant" but because it was a community in which he felt he belonged and was accepted, for a character rejected for most areas in his life this was a big deal, thatīs why after M-Day he tried to help in getting the mutants their powers back that and the fact he didnīt did the decimation is what makes him seen in a better light at the moment than Wanda and I think the writers just have forgotten this fact about Pietro.
    Well to be fair Northstar had no idea who Tommy was he is the unknown twin so that situation kind of worked in his favor say had Billy just popped in that probably would have been more of an issue cause he's more well known.

Now that being said pretender is Dumb Wanda is a "Sham!!" Pietro = Pretender Wanda = Sham!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Pretender...
    a person who claims or aspires to a title or position.

Unknowingly or not definition and name still sticks

Well I'm not tryna defend magneto I don't know why every time Wanda and MDay gets mentioned it quickly turns into what other characters have done
    I don't think that's the definition. Knowing is part of pretending

As for No More Mutants, Wanda should be held accountable. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of acting like Magneto's good, when he's far more evil. Plus, the X-Men men persecution business is stale after so long

BANNED

But is it a lie tho?

Evidence? Most people know her for 1 character

Well the PF is a Celestial entity, not a 'person' with assumedly human emotions/empathy...and The X-Men didn't welcome it as a teammate and present it to the public as a hero... trying to point out hypocrisy really Waters down the sympathy' angle

Thank You!
    This.
    Period. lol
    Elizabeth held Wandavision on screen more than Brie did in Captain Marvel. While I cannot say both series are on my re-run watch. if I had to choose, it will be Wandavsion. I am not sure who is to blame, brie or the directors but there was nothing to the character or her movie from that one film.

One scene could be enough to define something. Also Wanda already appeared in Age of Ultron that was one film and she still was better to watch than Brie.

MCU mystique coming for that role again

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well to be fair Northstar had no idea who Tommy was he is the unknown twin so that situation kind of worked in his favor say had Billy just popped in that probably would have been more of an issue cause he's more well known.

Now that being said pretender is Dumb Wanda is a "Sham!!" Pietro = Pretender Wanda = Sham!

I think given both Tommy and Billy fought the X-men during CC they are both well known by them and I guess thatīs why Northstar made it explicit he had permission to enter Krakoa anytime he wants it was obvious David thought that would be a problem and Northstar wanted to show them there was no issue. So I think the exact same thing would happen in Billyīs case, the difference is that I donīt think Billy would have reason to go to Krakoa, especially since they are using the link with SWORD to make it clear they reject the "pretender" situation with Wanda. On this at least I think both twins have a different relationship with the island.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I agree completely Billy wouldn't give a shit about Krakoa Wanda or no Wanda, Tommy IDK maybe. Pietro is in a closet somewhere with a bucket of ice cream watching day time television, longing to have his daddy issues have meaning while actively neglecting his daughter who may or may not be dead.

I agree completely Billy wouldn't give a shit about Krakoa Wanda or no Wanda, Tommy IDK maybe. Pietro is in a closet somewhere with a bucket of ice cream watching day time television, longing to have his daddy issues have meaning while actively neglecting his daughter who may or may not be dead.
    Sounds like my summer at Christian Youth Group Camp
    GrindrStone(D)

The movies aren't the comics so I don't think they would deal with the Pretender stuff.

The most interesting angle they have is Magneto being Wanda's father. But that could be the plot of WandaMagneto than the next X-men film.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Tommy would be curious about Krakoa but he is not overthinking it which is kind of in character for him, I liked he just went there like there was no big deal but we didnīt see if he got there with superspeed or he used one of the portals, which would be interesting and last we saw of Pietro he was helping to stop the invasion during Empyre so I guess heīs doing what he always does when heīs in limbo, running around and helping where he can and yes, please, he needs to get back to Luna, whoīs living with her mom and the inhumans, Quicksilver no surrender really did him wrong on that front imo. I am just curious to see his pov on the whole Krakoa thing, 90īs Pietro would have soo many oppinions about it, good because he supported Genosha and bad because of their rejection of Wanda, I am just waiting for a writer to remember he has stories to develop too.

Now that I think about it, Pietro also can get to Krakoa anytime with his superspeed, I would be surprised if he didnīt took a look around at least once.

Magneto and him have so many issues is not funny, give them some resolution marvel
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-11-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The movies aren't the comics so I don't think they would deal with the Pretender stuff.

The most interesting angle they have is Magneto being Wanda's father. But that could be the plot of WandaMagneto than the next X-men film.
    I think that ship has sailed

Yikes I hope not the less Wanda in X Comics and other media the better jmo.......that said tho her place is with the Avengers she is the 2nd most prominent female avenger but in recent comics and media that has never really been portrayed like it should imo...Besides there are so many great female X characters that deserve the limelight in X-Men media Storm,Rogue,Jean and Rachel Grey,Magik,Psylocke/Betsy,Polaris,Dazzler,Moria,Emma Frost,Domino, Kitty and on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

If that's the most interesting angle, it's not really worth telling. But I know that both Mags and Wanda have a lot more to them individually than their link to each other from the comics. As you said, the movies aren't the comics. There's a high possibility they keep that separate. And it'll benefit both sides greatly. Gives the X-Men a chance to be established on their own, without any link to the Avengers. Gives Wanda freedom to have her story told without Mags overshadowing it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If that's the most interesting angle, it's not really worth telling. But I know that both Mags and Wanda have a lot more to them individually than their link to each other from the comics. As you said, the movies aren't the comics. There's a high possibility they keep that separate. And it'll benefit both sides greatly. Gives the X-Men a chance to be established on their own, without any link to the Avengers. Gives Wanda freedom to have her story told without Mags overshadowing it.
    If Magneto was her dad I fear it would end up always being about him.

Geez, don't scare me with such a title!

Incredible Member

Pretender...
    a person who claims or aspires to a title or position.

Unknowingly or not definition and name still sticks

Well I'm not tryna defend magneto I don't know why every time Wanda and MDay gets mentioned it quickly turns into what other characters have done
    Simple. They can't defend their argument.Wanda would be no more welcome on Krakoa than the Plauge was in Europe There are just too many who want to see her head mounted on a pike.

Before anyone says anything:

Mags had reasons for his actions.

Wanda is just a Loon.