Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Do you have a link to the "interesting bit with Tim Drake".
    I think DC's just testing the water... maybe it's just queerbaiting & I'm reading too much into this...

It's mentioned at the beginning of the story that Steph & Tim have broken up for some unknown reasons... Then Tim is leaving to see an old friend (Bernard).

tim drake_1.jpg
    tim drake_2.jpg
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 07-23-2021 at 11:09 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Shout out to this panel from the story "Whom Gods Destroy". Best Wonder Woman kiss ever (although technically it's Lois Lane as Wonder Woman kissing the goddess Artemis)

WW kiss Artemis.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I think DC's just testing the water... maybe it's just queerbaiting & I'm reading too much into this...

It's mentioned at the beginning of the story that Steph & Tim have broken up for some unknown reasons... Then Tim is leaving to see an old friend (Bernard).

tim drake_1.jpg
    tim drake_2.jpg
    Thank you. Do you have an image if this panel/page that's not embedded into CBR? I can't really read it because CBR distorts images when it embeds them into their own server.

EDIT: I think I found them.

Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-23-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thank you. Do you have an image if this panel/page that's not embedded into CBR? I can't really read it because CBR distorts images when it embeds them into their own server.

EDIT: I think I found them.

I think this BC article is an even better answer for your request

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...n-is-bisexual/
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 07-23-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member

I think this BC article is an even better answer for your request

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...n-is-bisexual/
    Thanks!

So, gotta wait until next month to see how this storyline ends? I also ponder what BC does: will they continue the teasing, or will whatever they're teasing finally come into actualization?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    About from Lobo girl, I cant even think of any LGBTQ characters that are active in comics, especially those who are currently romancing anyone. I guess Alan Scott as well but its definitely no E2 with his bf.
    There's Harley Quinn:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/harl...rom-dc-comics/

There will be a Jackson Hyde mini.
    There's this interesting bit with Tim Drake in Batman Urban Legends.
    There's a Midnighter back-up story in Action Comics currently going on.
    There's Ghostmaker in the Batman comics nowadays.
    Also, Midnighter & Apollo will appear in the Superman & the Authority mini.

But yeah, currently there's not so much emphasis on their romantic life.
    Hippolyta and Philippus are pretty open in the Wonder Woman back-ups. Though they don't get that much to do.

philippus&lita.jpg

philippus&lita2.jpg

I could also see Nubia being an LGBTQ+ character, and even if Nubia herself isn't, the Amazons definitely are/will be in her book. One of the writers, Stephanie Williams, already mentioned she wants to make clear Themyscira is open to all women, which includes trans women. Philippus will also be part of the book.

It's a shame that Hippolyta in JL is just genericwarriorwoman#2.

I hope the Renee Montoya story DC teased as part of the anthology is truly in the making.

If that's not queerbaiting then happy for Tim's LGBTQIA+ fans but this kind of feels like a compromise on DC's part to avoid canonizing Dick being on the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If that's not queerbaiting then happy for Tim's LGBTQIA+ fans but this kind of feels like a compromise on DC's part to avoid canonizing Dick being on the spectrum.
    Were they ever going to reveal Dick as LGBT?
    I mean, all the Robins feel kind of gay to me, but I know we can't have them all lol
    I do hope they have the stones to have Tim be openly gay or bi and not just do this kind of stuff where it's obvious he is but they won't say it. In 2021 we can do better than that.
    Now I'm wondering if they'll actually let Conner come out and give us the SuperBat ship we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Were they ever going to reveal Dick as LGBT?
    I got extremely confused when the Nightwing Pride variant cover was one of the first to be revealed, thinking Dick being bi was already confirmed and I somehow missed it. DC knows extremely well what they are doing and it's insulting if they don't plan to commit to it.

I mean, all the Robins feel kind of gay to me, but I know we can't have them all lol
    The straights can keep Jason

I got extremely confused when the Nightwing Pride variant cover was one of the first to be revealed, thinking Dick being bi was already confirmed and I somehow missed it. DC knows extremely well what they are doing and it's insulting if they don't plan to commit to it.

The straights can keep Jason
    I understood the Pride variants were just variant covers. Superman did one too.
    I think it would be easy to imagine Jason in a poly group with Roy and Artemis.

Lol

I think Dick will never be other than heterosexual. Not a problem, just saying...
    Damian - sometimes he seems asexual (maybe hetero-romantic) to me... he'd be a perfect candidate for representing aces
    Jason - maybe bisexual, polyamorous?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's a shame that Hippolyta in JL is just genericwarriorwoman#2.
    Indeed. And it's a shame that Diana's bisexuality isn't emphasized. Ok, I got it, bisexual means that she can be attracted to Steve Trevor and other men.
    Maybe... she could live in a poly relationship with Steve and her new beau, Siegfried

siegfried - ww.jpg

Lol

I think Dick will never be other than heterosexual. Not a problem, just saying...
    Damian - sometimes he seems asexual (maybe hetero-romantic) to me... he'd be a perfect candidate for representing aces
    Jason - maybe bisexual, polyamorous?
    Damien is pretty young still, so it's not surprising he's not showing attraction to anyone yet. It's easy to see that he could be ace.
    I read Jason as bi/pan and poly.
    I don't expect Dick to be other than heterosexual but it wouldn't be a big stretch to see him as bi if DC had the stones to do it.
    But really, just give me one Robin and one Superboy, that's all I ask.

I understood the Pride variants were just variant covers. Superman did one too.
    Yeah, but Clark wasn't doing THIS on his Pride cover.

The intent is clearly to cater to the queer gaze and collect 'em monies, without actually committing to anything.

The intent is clearly to cater to the queer gaze and collect 'em monies, without actually committing to anything.
    welcome to capitalism baby!
    btw it's not just about the queer gaze, it's also about the female gaze like the Grayson series