Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There’s been a few additions since this.

Like Aqualass/Aquawoman

Isn’t the new Bat character Ghost-Maker gay as well?
    Bi the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    DC's LGBTQ characters.

When was the last time DC wrote something with Wonderboy in it?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    When was the last time DC wrote something with Wonderboy in it?
    Huh? That’s the artist’s OC. No relations to any Wonderboys from DC or Quality from the past.

Though I guess he could be retro made into Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    before that they need page time. Only Harley and Ivy has a chance at the moment.

Wait... did Midnighter and Apollo married in Wildstorm? They're not when New 52 started, but after Infinite Frontier they can just continue.

Still need the page time though.

They can just combine Renee and Kate but... wait... no... this Renee looks like it's The Question, while the current Renee is being recruited as Commissioner for Tynion's Expanded Batman Story.
    The original Wildstorm version of Midnighter and Apollo did get married.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The original Wildstorm version of Midnighter and Apollo did get married.
    Yeah, by the end of one of the first story arcs of the Authority, they had a wedding in which they invited almost all the heroes of the WildStorm universe.

Astonishing Member

The evidence of me being behind is strong, since I was not aware that Ghost-Maker had been confirmed and shown as Bi/Poly/Pan. (Not to mention, guy's definitely romantically and sexually a free spirit, for as stringent he is as a vigilante.) Something positive has always clicked for me regarding Ghost-Maker, and I like him more and more the more that get's revealed about him. I appreciate having more male Bi+ rep that's not named Constantine, too (no offense intended to Constantine or his fans). Here's to Ghost-Maker being around for the long-haul.

Got a lot of reading to catch-up on, if and when I can.

Also, to note a couple of other relevant things not brought up in this particular thread.

First, and I've mentioned this one in another thread, but I find it very skeevy of DC to have Nightwing as one of Pride Month's variants. As I mentioned, it's a strange form of queerbaiting. DC has to be aware of the Nightwing fandom (both straight female and LGBT+) who very much see, consider, and/or headcanon Dick as this Bi icon, despite not canonically being Bi. Sure, there are loads of hints and things that could point to him being Bi in-canon, but DC has never canonically made him Bi. Yet they have the nerve to portray Nightwing, a fandom Bi icon (which, again, is something I know DC has to be aware of), next to a Pride flag, all the while having no intention (none that's clear and apparent) of ever portraying the actual character as anything but straight.

So yeah, that stuck out to me.

Also, here's hoping the JLQ, which we know would have included LGBT+ heroic youths like Jackson/Aqualad and Dreamer, gets to become the thing it shouldn't have needed to be pit against a Robin pitch in an elimination poll to have the chance to become.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-09-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Also, here's hoping the JLQ, which we know would have included LGBT+ heroic youths like Jackson/Aqualad and Dreamer, gets to become the thing it shouldn't have needed to be pit against a Robin pitch in an elimination poll to have the chance to become.
    If they traveling the world, Danny the Street, would have been a helpful member.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

well this thread is sort of dead...
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Incredible Member

The marvel thread gets more traffic about LGBT characters. They're thread is somehow at 1,000. I thought threads were closed at that high.

Ironic because Marvel is way behind DC when it comes to LGBT representation on screen but it's a different story in the comics.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

About from Lobo girl, I cant even think of any LGBTQ characters that are active in comics, especially those who are currently romancing anyone. I guess Alan Scott as well but its definitely no E2 with his bf.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    About from Lobo girl, I cant even think of any LGBTQ characters that are active in comics, especially those who are currently romancing anyone. I guess Alan Scott as well but its definitely no E2 with his bf.
    There's Harley Quinn:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/harl...rom-dc-comics/

There will be a Jackson Hyde mini.
    There's this interesting bit with Tim Drake in Batman Urban Legends.
    There's a Midnighter back-up story in Action Comics currently going on.
    There's Ghostmaker in the Batman comics nowadays.
    Also, Midnighter & Apollo will appear in the Superman & the Authority mini.

But yeah, currently there's not so much emphasis on their romantic life.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 07-23-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    The marvel thread gets more traffic about LGBT characters. They're thread is somehow at 1,000. I thought threads were closed at that high.
    That would be a SIN against humanity to close that thread

I am waiting for there to be an explosion of talk on Tim dating a guy, but so far it's not gotten much buzz. Maybe when the story concludes, especially if they make it clear he's gay or bi, then it will get some attention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    There's Harley Quinn:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/harl...rom-dc-comics/

There will be a Jackson Hyde mini.
    There's this interesting bit with Tim Drake in Batman Urban Legends.
    There's a Midnighter back-up story in Action Comics currently going on.
    There's Ghostmaker in the Batman comics nowadays.
    Also, Midnighter & Apollo will appear in the Superman & the Authority mini.

But yeah, currently there's not so much emphasis on their romantic life.
    Do you have a link to the "interesting bit with Tim Drake".