Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, with the recent Tim outing, they’re not going to out Damien any time soon.
    They probably will

The temptation is too strong

Yeah, with the recent Tim outing, they’re not going to out Damien any time soon.
    Tim's clearly going to be it. It'll be his "thing" to differentiate him from Dick, Jason, and Damian. Their motivation for doing this now more than likely has everything to do with giving him a trait that makes him more unique compared to his brothers and fellow Robins, of which he has been for some years now the odd-man out creatively.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tim's clearly going to be it. It'll be his "thing" to differentiate him from Dick, Jason, and Damian. Their motivation for doing this now more than likely has everything to do with giving him a trait that makes him more unique compared to his brothers and fellow Robins, of which he has been for some years now the odd-man out creatively.
    Could also coincide with Tim in Titans. Though comics Tim isn't Black/Asian.

Looks like spoilers:
    Chupacabra and Stitch
    end of spoilers can be added to the list.

Extraordinary Member

Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?

Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?
    There's a lot more than yes/no here. How/Why?

I would be okay with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    There's a lot more than yes/no here. How/Why?
    I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Basically right now Arsenal’s daughter Lian is in Catwoman as a supporting character, where she’s now a teen sporting blue hair. Her nickname is Shoes, as revealed months ago.

I was asking how would longtime fans feel if she was revealed as queer.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

To be honest, I wouldn't care - I even don't care about the character at all. But why do you ask this?
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Curious non longtime fans here. Has she been alive long enough to be attracted to anyone? Before the death I mean. I know she's a teen now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Curious non longtime fans here. Has she been alive long enough to be attracted to anyone? Before the death I mean. I know she's a teen now.
    Before Flashpoint, she was 5 maybe 6 years old at the most. So I would say no.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's fine so long as DC doesn't pat themselves on the back and end her development there. My one big fear with Tim, who they've struggled with giving a direction for a decade now, is that now he'll pretty exclusively be the queer Robin and that's all they'll use him for. I don't want that to be true of Tim, Lian or anyone else.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Basically right now Arsenal’s daughter Lian is in Catwoman as a supporting character, where she’s now a teen sporting blue hair. Her nickname is Shoes, as revealed months ago.

I was asking how would longtime fans feel if she was revealed as queer.
    I am more concerned with her being the same age as Damián which screws the time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    A Midnighter omnibus will be published next year!!!

Midnighter: The Complete Collection

Steve Orlando, ACO; 24 May 2022, 360 pages

Meet the man who can predict your every move…but no one can predict what he'll do next! When a theft at the God Garden unleashes a wave of dangerous biotech weapons on the world, Midnighter intends to put that genie back in the bottle. But something else is stolen as well…the secret history of Lucas Trent, the man Midnighter once was. And how does this lead to Midnighter being put right in the sights of the Suicide Squad? And no Midnighter collection would be complete without Apollo! Together again after too long apart, Midnighter and Apollo take on subway pirates and demons…but their reunion takes a shocking turn that sends them on an epic journey!
    Collects DC Sneak Peek: Midnighter #1, Midnighter #1-12, Midnighter and Apollo #1-6.
    Late reply, but Steve Orlando's Midnighter run was an absolute gem of a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's fine so long as DC doesn't pat themselves on the back and end her development there. My one big fear with Tim, who they've struggled with giving a direction for a decade now, is that now he'll pretty exclusively be the queer Robin and that's all they'll use him for. I don't want that to be true of Tim, Lian or anyone else.
    A good writer won't do that.
    If it's done by a bad writer - well, we shouldn't buy badly written books anyways.