Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 369
  1. #271
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, with the recent Tim outing, they’re not going to out Damien any time soon.
    They probably will


    The temptation is too strong

  2. #272
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, with the recent Tim outing, they’re not going to out Damien any time soon.
    Tim's clearly going to be it. It'll be his "thing" to differentiate him from Dick, Jason, and Damian. Their motivation for doing this now more than likely has everything to do with giving him a trait that makes him more unique compared to his brothers and fellow Robins, of which he has been for some years now the odd-man out creatively.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  3. #273
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Tim's clearly going to be it. It'll be his "thing" to differentiate him from Dick, Jason, and Damian. Their motivation for doing this now more than likely has everything to do with giving him a trait that makes him more unique compared to his brothers and fellow Robins, of which he has been for some years now the odd-man out creatively.
    Could also coincide with Tim in Titans. Though comics Tim isn't Black/Asian.

  4. #274
    Incredible Member Husk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Looks like spoilers:
    Chupacabra and Stitch
    end of spoilers can be added to the list.

  5. #275
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?

  6. #276
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?
    There's a lot more than yes/no here. How/Why?

  7. #277
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?
    I would be okay with it.

  8. #278
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    There's a lot more than yes/no here. How/Why?
    I’m not sure what you’re saying.

    Basically right now Arsenal’s daughter Lian is in Catwoman as a supporting character, where she’s now a teen sporting blue hair. Her nickname is Shoes, as revealed months ago.

    I was asking how would longtime fans feel if she was revealed as queer.

  9. #279
    Spectacular Member The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    somewhere in Eastern-Europe
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?
    To be honest, I wouldn't care - I even don't care about the character at all. But why do you ask this?
    "Darling, I am the filth." - Devlin Waugh (Judge Dredd Megazine)

  10. #280
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?
    Curious non longtime fans here. Has she been alive long enough to be attracted to anyone? Before the death I mean. I know she's a teen now.

  11. #281
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Curious non longtime fans here. Has she been alive long enough to be attracted to anyone? Before the death I mean. I know she's a teen now.
    Before Flashpoint, she was 5 maybe 6 years old at the most. So I would say no.

  12. #282
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Longtime Green Arrow, Titans and Arsenal fans. How would you feel if teen Lian “Shoes” Harper was revealed as queer in Catwoman?
    It's fine so long as DC doesn't pat themselves on the back and end her development there. My one big fear with Tim, who they've struggled with giving a direction for a decade now, is that now he'll pretty exclusively be the queer Robin and that's all they'll use him for. I don't want that to be true of Tim, Lian or anyone else.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  13. #283
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m not sure what you’re saying.

    Basically right now Arsenal’s daughter Lian is in Catwoman as a supporting character, where she’s now a teen sporting blue hair. Her nickname is Shoes, as revealed months ago.

    I was asking how would longtime fans feel if she was revealed as queer.
    I am more concerned with her being the same age as Damián which screws the time

  14. #284
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    A Midnighter omnibus will be published next year!!!

    Midnighter: The Complete Collection

    Steve Orlando, ACO; 24 May 2022, 360 pages

    Meet the man who can predict your every move…but no one can predict what he'll do next! When a theft at the God Garden unleashes a wave of dangerous biotech weapons on the world, Midnighter intends to put that genie back in the bottle. But something else is stolen as well…the secret history of Lucas Trent, the man Midnighter once was. And how does this lead to Midnighter being put right in the sights of the Suicide Squad? And no Midnighter collection would be complete without Apollo! Together again after too long apart, Midnighter and Apollo take on subway pirates and demons…but their reunion takes a shocking turn that sends them on an epic journey!
    Collects DC Sneak Peek: Midnighter #1, Midnighter #1-12, Midnighter and Apollo #1-6.
    Late reply, but Steve Orlando's Midnighter run was an absolute gem of a ride!
    gf.me/u/zjvqdz

    Linked is a personal GoFundMe for a financial nest egg. After having lost our mother this past February, me and my brother have had serious financial anxieties. If you are able/willing and/or if you know someone else who is, please consider contributing and sharing. Thank you.

  15. #285
    Incredible Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's fine so long as DC doesn't pat themselves on the back and end her development there. My one big fear with Tim, who they've struggled with giving a direction for a decade now, is that now he'll pretty exclusively be the queer Robin and that's all they'll use him for. I don't want that to be true of Tim, Lian or anyone else.
    A good writer won't do that.
    If it's done by a bad writer - well, we shouldn't buy badly written books anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •