Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I meant I think he was used more then than now, as he was actively apart of the run's supporting cast at the time, unlike now.

Point being, I don't feel he's really comparable as a Jon for the Flash Family. Or even a Tim. Or Jackson with his current push.
    Now that Wally is the main Flash again it would be the perfect time to make Hartley relevant again.

I was today years old when I found out that Clayface/Matt Hagen's "friend" from BTAS two-parter Feat of Clay was supposed to be his lover.

Realizing Hagen was a closeted actor makes Clayface on the show even more tragic now. The Harley Quinn animated series also had Clayface swoon for a college guy named Chad (of course), while he was disguised as "Stephanie".

Also, Kevin Conroy is gay? How did I not know this until now?
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-21-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I was today years old when I found out that Clayface/Matt Hagen's "friend" from BTAS two-parter Feat of Clay was supposed to be his lover.

Realizing Hagen was a closeted actor makes Clayface on the show even more tragic now. The Harley Quinn animated series also had Clayface swoon for a college guy named Chad (of course), while he was disguised as "Stephanie".

As far as I'm concerned all shapeshifters are queer to some extent. Still waiting for J'onn to get a boyfriend...

It's been so long since I've watched those episodes. Gotta watch them again That little/grown girl scared me when I was a young boy, lol. She looks like Baby Jane (Bette Davis movie)

I didn't knew Kevin Conroy is gay, and he's in a relationship with his longtime partner. Cool

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

This week's #1 of Nubia And The Amazons introduces trans Amazon women:

DC Comics Introduces Trans Women To Wonder Woman's Paradise Island
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...radise-island/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    This week's #1 of Nubia And The Amazons introduces trans Amazon women:

DC Comics Introduces Trans Women To Wonder Woman's Paradise Island
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...radise-island/
    I was just thinking the other day that George Perez's origin of the Amazons being reincarnated souls of murdered women makes it incredibly easy to reveal many of them being reincarnated trans women. So Stephanie Williams utilizing the Perez lore (by way of Krakoan mutant resurrection in a way) to introduce the first trans Amazon is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    As far as I'm concerned all shapeshifters are queer to some extent. Still waiting for J'onn to get a boyfriend...
    J'onn being a shape changing telepathic alien whose real body is very different from human really gives me a non-cishet feeling for J'onn. That he would conform to a Western traditionally masculine gender role and only find women attractive just seems really unlikely, to the point of it being kind of ridiculous.

I think he first came out in an interview he did for NYT which was around the same time as the Killing Joke movie. I certainly don't remember reading or hearing anything related to his sexuality prior to that. Y'all were just too caught up in the shipping wars of Bruce/Babs or Dick/Babs to see it. See what you miss when you waste time on dumb shipping wars?

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/a...lan-moore.html

At 17, Mr. Conroy began attending Juilliard on a scholarship, at one point sharing an apartment with Robin Williams and Frances Conroy. (A room with Christopher Reeve, the future Superman, was available, but unaffordable at $200 a month.) In the late 1980s, his stage career culminated with a Broadway production of “Eastern Standard,” in which he played a TV producer secretly living with AIDS.

“I went to so many funerals that I felt such a sense of obligation to do it right,” said Mr. Conroy, who is gay. During a moment alone onstage, he would break down. “Every night I would just wail, feeling all the pain. I couldn’t not feel it. It was a scream of, ‘Look what’s happening to us! Help!’”

Side note: I also learned recently that James Tucker, most famous for the Nu52 movies but also worked on S:TAS, Batman Beyond, JLU and Static is also gay. Well, more like he just outright said it in an IG fan group but whatever. There is representation behind the scenes as well.

--------------

So for LGBT characters in the DCAU that's:

Batman: TAS - Hagen and his buddy.

Superman: TAS - Maggie and her girlfriend who was at the hospital.

Batman Beyond: ??

Static Shock: Richie. (As confirmed by Dwayne who also said Richie's flirting with girls was just him trying to overcompensate/hide his sexuality)

Justice League: The Thanagarian Kragger (as confirmed by Timm, his attempts to sabotage Shayera and Hro Talak's relationship was out of jealousy since he had feelings for Hro).

Justice League Unlimited: ??

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some characters here.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So for LGBT characters in the DCAU that's:

Batman: TAS - Hagen and his buddy.

Superman: TAS - Maggie and her girlfriend who was at the hospital.

Batman Beyond: ??

Static Shock: Richie. (As confirmed by Dwayne who also said Richie's flirting with girls was just him trying to overcompensate/hide his sexuality)

Justice League: The Thanagarian Kragger (as confirmed by Timm, his attempts to sabotage Shayera and Hro Talak's relationship was out of jealousy since he had feelings for Hro).

Justice League Unlimited: ??

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some characters here.
    Aresia and Tsukuri (from JL's "Fury") are a lesbian couple. There was also some subtext between Diana and Princess Audrey. And Harley and Ivy of course. And possibly Hath-Set.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    J'onn being a shape changing telepathic alien whose real body is very different from human really gives me a non-cishet feeling for J'onn. That he would conform to a Western traditionally masculine gender role and only find women attractive just seems really unlikely, to the point of it being kind of ridiculous.
    Well, it can explained by the fact that the Earth wasn't ready for a gender nonconforming person when he arrived, so he just took the most convinent form and behavior most commonly associated with it to blend in.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 10-22-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Aresia and Tsukuri (from JL's "Fury") are a lesbian couple. There was also some subtext between Diana and Princess Audrey. And Harley and Ivy of course. And possibly Hath-Set.

Well, it can explained by the fact that the Earth wasn't ready for a gender nonconforming person when he arrived, so he just took the most convinent form and behavior most commonly associated with it to blend in.
    I agree with what you say about J'onn, but we're still not seeing him as overtly non-cishet now.

Didn't they pair her with Killer Croc in the New Adventures of Batman?
    The J-man

Looking back at the Golden Age GL book, I can see why they decided Alan Scott should come out

Looking back at the Golden Age GL book, I can see why they decided Alan Scott should come out
    Haha great find. Whoa that's a big collar!

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Hear hear.

I forgot about Aresia and Tsukuri. Yeah, they were defintiely more than just 'teammates'. I thought Star Sapphire being okay with a world without men might have been a hint that she plays both teams. Hath-Set is another strong possibility since he was a parallel to Kragger.

Normally, I'm hesitant to label what could be friendships as romance but Harley/Ivy from nearly everyone who has ever worked on them has been coded as a romance. Wish we could have seen more of Audrey and Diana. She was the one friend she had outside of the JL.

Supergirl and Batgirl had a lot of subtext as well:

Where did J'onn appear most recently?

I like how in JLU he based his 'superhero' appearance off of Superman. I agree that for the modern age him being gender non forming person would be the way to go.