Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Maybe it's forced & maybe DC just don't know what to do with Tim. But for many ppl this 'Timothy Drake, the 3rd Robin is queer' means the whole world.
    It's pandering, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I'm posting it here bc maybe someone does not have the opportunity to read Batman Urban Legends issue #6:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tim-...gbtq-december/

So what do you think? Bisexual, bi-curious, or gay?

Personally, I don't mind any option but hope DC would treat Tim's sexuality with respect (e.g., if he is bisexual/bi-curious there will be no bi-erasure).
    Also, I hope Tim's selling point won't be solely his queerness (although this should be treated as an integral part of his character) & DC is planning to give him great, meaningful stories focusing on his detective skills, tech abilities, good nature, & his self-discovery.

Finally, I just want to say that it's damn time for Tim X Kon!!!
    He should be bi. It wouldn't be fair to the Tim/Stephanie fans to just slam that door shut concretely after so long. If he was a character without any meaningful pre-existing romantic tie, then there'd be no issue, but in this case there is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He should be bi. It wouldn't be fair to the Tim/Stephanie fans to just slam that door shut concretely after so long. If he was a character without any meaningful pre-existing romantic tie, then there'd be no issue, but in this case there is.
    Yeah that's my feeling too. Its one thing to have them break up, but leave the options open for her or other female characters too. Steph and Tim work well together as friends and a romance and we just barely got her back too with him.

I do not want the heads of DC to just throw her under the bus for the sake of a new romance. Giving Bernard a chance but there are others characters out there like you could bring back Bunker, Miguel worked with Tim and he could be a good person to help Tim figure this out too

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    It really doesn't sound natural to me. I feel like DC just don't know what to do with the character anymore, so they did this. I'm glad fans are happy but i wish it wasn't forced.
    This is definitely forced. They 100 % did this because they don't know what to do with him anymore. The way I see it on social media many people are not happy ( especially Tim/Steph fans). Remember when DC announced Wonder Woman and Catwoman to be bisexual but nothing was shown or even acknowledged afterward. I don't think this will last either because there will be another crisis next year. We will see what happens.

It was never ever hinted. It was just a silly headcanon that fans pushed on the character for years. And now he's just magically bisexual.
    "Never ever hinted" doesn't hold much water as an argument against, considering how many times the universe has been rebooted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    This is definitely forced. They 100 % did this because they don't know what to do with him anymore. The way I see it on social media many people are not happy ( especially Tim/Steph fans). Remember when DC announced Wonder Woman and Catwoman to be bisexual but nothing was shown or even acknowledged afterward. I don't think this will last either because there will be another crisis next year. We will see what happens.
    I think fans are probably pissed because casuals dont know that there are different robins, just look at the articles from tmz & the others. they think Dick is the one that came out.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

You go, Tim Drake! Live your best life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    I think fans are probably pissed because casuals dont know that there are different robins, just look at the articles from tmz & the others. they think Dick is the one that came out.
    It doesn't make me mad, non comic fans have no clue there's been more than one Robin let alone four, but it is funny to see the headlines about Robin coming out as bi after 80 years.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It doesn't make me mad, non comic fans have no clue there's been more than one Robin let alone four, but it is funny to see the headlines about Robin coming out as bi after 80 years.
    Im pretty sure WB isnt happy, i remember when articles about Wonder Woman & Catwoman being queer came out they pretty much sweeped that under the rug.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Im pretty sure WB isnt happy, i remember when articles about Wonder Woman & Catwoman being queer came out they pretty much sweeped that under the rug.
    When they came out there was less openly queen characters in comics, now with more I think that it registers more. Also people grew up with Tim, vs. With Catwoman and Wonder woman in that Tim aged kinda at their speed.

As for this Tim/Stephanie fans I hope they don't screw her over using this a a way to Limbo her.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I wanted to pay tribute to the fact that sexuality is a journey, to be clear, his feelings for Stephanie have been/are 100% real, as are his feelings for Bernard. However, Tim is still figuring himself out. I don’t think he has the language for it all... yet

- Fitzmartin told Polygon.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/22617...tman-dc-comics

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It was never ever hinted. It was just a silly headcanon that fans pushed on the character for years. And now he's just magically bisexual.
    The way he spiraled after Conner died and the unintentional subtext many picked up on between them before then (I don't really ship them but I can understand how some read them that way) has the foundation to go there.

I don't see it as much on Conner's side but the way Tim was after Superboy's death, well, yeah I did see some of that there.

I don't think these reveals work for every character and I disagree with other fans on a lot of them, but this one works for this reader of over two decades. Same with Alan Scott, honestly. That reveal slots in surprisingly well.

I do think this one works with bisexual Tim, though. There's no convincing me he isn't attracted to Stephanie or Arianna when he was younger. Or a lot of the women he's been interested in. Let him be the bisexual king he is.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-10-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Dunno how I'd feel about doing it for Conner as well. I mean, lets just be realistic, as a heterosexual person, I tend to gravitate more and relate more and thus have the potential to be a bigger fan of hetero relationships. So for my favorites that's where I kinda live. With Conner for instance I always enjoyed the potential with Cass Cain. But I mean, would I consider it the worst thing in the world? No, but its just not something I've ever really been partial to. That said who even knows if they want to go there. Maybe there's a deeper desire to explore Tim with brand new characters, not established ones.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Fans were also mad when an alternate universe Alan Scott was made gay, now the main Alan Scott is gay.

I don't think they will got back to straight Tim anytime soon because just like Scott is not the main or most popular Green Lantern, Tim is no longer the main or most popular Robin, this change has no real risk.

I am surprised that I've seen very little backlash in the Tim Drake tags on social media, most of the negative feedback is under articles that have Robin is bi.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Fans were also mad when an alternate universe Alan Scott was made gay, now the main Alan Scott is gay.

I don't think they will get back to straight Tim anytime soon because just like Scott is not the main or most popular Green Lantern, Tim is no longer the main or most popular Robin, this change has no real risk.

I am surprised that I've seen a very little backlash in the Tim Drake tags on social media, most of the negative feedback is under articles that have Robin is bi.
    There was backlash on Instagram. People were pissed not only about Tim but Alan as well (the main one). Tim ( while he is no longer the main Robin) is still more popular than Alan because he had his own book, supporting cast, and fans, unlike Alan. Alan has a son Obsidian who is gay, so there was no reason to change Alan's sexuality. People are not mad when they introduce LGBTQ+ characters, but when they change already established characters.
    Last edited by Veni; 08-10-2021 at 03:57 PM.