Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Anyhow my question was will it bring in new readers or will we see a drop in sales?
    This probably wouldn't have come so close on the heels of Tim coming out as bi if the issue where he asked a boy out on a date didn't shoot through the roof sales wise. So there, you have your answer. DC has tasted success.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The Batman and Superman families always have some connections. Right now Jon is connected to both Dick and Damian.

I don't ship it but I do think it would be funny if DC made Tim/Jon a couple given that Jon/Damian and Tim/Conner are very popular ships.
    Yea, but he has zero connection to Tim, and vice versa. They haven't even met. It would be so random just to pair them together just because they're both bi. It would feel painfully forced as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This probably wouldn't have come so close on the heels of Tim coming out as bi if the issue where he asked a boy out on a date didn't shoot through the roof sales wise. So there, you have your answer. DC has tasted success.
    Maybe I missed something but have checked on comichron, sales have remained pretty much the same. Can you please give me more details?

Maybe I missed something but have checked on comichron, sales have remained pretty much the same. Can you please give me more details?

Bisexual Robin Sees Batman Urban Legends #6 Get A Second Print
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bise...-second-print/

Mighty Member

The next issue of Urban Legend didn't feature Tim, but digital sales for the issue where he came out went up in sales as the news broke (his coming out in that issue was not advertised beforehand)and it stayed in the top ranks for about two weeks which is not usually the case for that series also Batman Urban Legends #6 got Second Print.

The next issue of Urban Legend didn't feature Tim, but digital sales for the issue where he came out went up in sales as the news broke (his coming out in that issue was not advertised beforehand)and it stayed in the top ranks for about two weeks which is not usually the case for that series also Batman Urban Legends #6 got Second Print.
    comichron is reporting a slight decrease from issue 5 to issue 6 of 1K.
    Now it depends if the digital sales remain the same in the next issues, increase or decrease, all depends if was just hype for one issue or actual interest. Very Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Yea, but he has zero connection to Tim, and vice versa. They haven't even met. It would be so random just to pair them together just because they're both bi. It would feel painfully forced as of now.
    They can meet though.
    If you want to give Jon and Tim new boyfriends that are established characters, who are you going to pick?
    Except for Aqualad and Bunker, I can’t think of any other age appropriate queer guys in DC.
    People are discussing the option because there aren’t an excess of other choices.

Astonishing Member

The Batman and Superman families always have some connections. Right now Jon is connected to both Dick and Damian.

I don't ship it but I do think it would be funny if DC made Tim/Jon a couple given that Jon/Damian and Tim/Conner are very popular ships.
    How is Jon connected to Dick?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    They can meet though.
    If you want to give Jon and Tim new boyfriends that are established characters, who are you going to pick?
    Except for Aqualad and Bunker, I can’t think of any other age appropriate queer guys in DC.
    People are discussing the option because there aren’t an excess of other choices.
    Tim and Bunker could work if they decided to go that direction, I'd be ok with that. From their interactions I could even find it plausible. There's also nothing wrong with either dating a civilian as it appears that they will. As I said, pairing Jon/Tim would feel painfully forced since they have zero history.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    They can meet though.
    I would probably go with Kon for Tim. The way he chased skirts came across as someone deep in the closet over compensating. The writers probably didn't intend it to be that way, but that's how it came across to me.

Mighty Member

comichron is reporting a slight decrease from issue 5 to issue 6 of 1K.
    Now it depends if the digital sales remain the same in the next issues, increase or decrease, all depends if was just hype for one issue or actual interest. Very Interesting.
    The hype already has had some impact as all Jon Superman issues are back in the top 100 on Amazon 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads.

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #1
    #53 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #173 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #493 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #2
    #69 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #212 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #607 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #3
    #58 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #179 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #502 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Tim and Bunker could work if they decided to go that direction, I'd be ok with that. From their interactions I could even find it plausible. There's also nothing wrong with either dating a civilian as it appears that they will. As I said, pairing Jon/Tim would feel painfully forced since they have zero history.
    I am not saying that they should be paired but history between these two characters can be built.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I would probably go with Kon for Tim. The way he chased skirts came across as someone deep in the closet over compensating. The writers probably didn't intend it to be that way, but that's how it came across to me.
    And Kon’s public image was always really important to him.

Mighty Member

Jon Kent and Jay Nakamura by Travis Moore.

Jon kent.jpg
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 10-11-2021 at 02:55 PM.

I am not saying that they should be paired but history between these two characters can be built.
    Don't disagree with that. But people were suggesting to pair them now. Without any prior interactions that would be notably forced.