Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The hype already has had some impact as all Jon Superman issues are back in the top 100 on Amazon 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads.

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #1
    #53 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #173 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #493 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #2
    #69 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #212 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #607 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #3
    #58 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #179 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #502 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say, we have to wait and see when it settles down. At that point one can come to conclusions. Superman issue when he revealed his identity shot up in sales, only to drop again once the hype was over. Besides if those numbers are about digital sales, I am not sure if they really matter. When I always asked this question, the answer I got, was that the printed issue really matters to DC. Otherwise they would have already stopped printing and gone digital only. Seems issue with digital is that they are easily ripped by pirate sites which are practically killing the industry. Unless this piracy is stopped, comics will have a hard time.
    As for the floppy, there is no consensus what is the drop limit, some say books under 50k are not profitable, others say that books under 50k can make it if you add digital sales to the printed sales. But if the later drop under 20k not even with digital sales, it makes a big minus, that is why certain books get canceled when they fall under 20k.

Mighty Member

I do agree that this is just a temporary bump in sales what Taylor has to hope for is that after this the book gains more readers than he loses.

Updating Amazon's sales numbers.

#2 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #47 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #149 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#4 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #43 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #141 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#5 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #89 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #265 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 10-11-2021 at 05:20 PM.

I do agree that this is just a temporary bump in sales what Taylor has to hope for is that after this the book gains more readers than he loses.

Updating Amazon's sales numbers.

#47 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #149 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#43 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #141 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#89 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #265 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    We have to wait for that, but through experience even with books that do very well, there is always a drop, now depends how big the drop will be. That it will gain readers not so sure, a superman book normally sells decently, but nothing special. An issue I am reading is that many people are thinking its Clark not his son and when they are finding its not Clark, they are saying they have been deceived or just fooled by headlines. TBH some of the headlines are indeed deceiving because it states Superman comes out, but does not say which superman they are referring to.

Astonishing Member

Good to see that Bleeding Cool's sources that said Jon was gonna be queer was spot on.

I'm already ready for long-term Jon/Jay. They're already pretty cute and cool together, despite only being 3 issues in. They've alluded to Jay's admiration of Lois, who is getting a lot of reverence from the story via both Jon and Jay's characters, but seeing Jay lose his usual coolness and fanboy for Lois was adorable! I'm confident Tom Taylor will deliver in his build up of Jay, Jon, and Jon and Jay.

Mighty Member

All current Jon's Superman issues are in the top 100 in all three major categories on Amazon.

#20 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #50 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#16 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #36 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#22 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #52 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Pre-Orders for Issue#4
    #3 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #17 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #37 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Good to see that Bleeding Cool's sources that said Jon was gonna be queer was spot on.

I'm already ready for long-term Jon/Jay. They're already pretty cute and cool together, despite only being 3 issues in. They've alluded to Jay's admiration of Lois, who is getting a lot of reverence from the story via both Jon and Jay's characters, but seeing Jay lose his usual coolness and fanboy for Lois was adorable! I'm confident Tom Taylor will deliver in his build up of Jay, Jon, and Jon and Jay.
    I think Taylor developed nice chemistry between Jon and Jay, so I could see it coming miles away, even though I wanted them to just be friends for now because I didn't want Jon in a relationship so fast.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

My only issue is that Jay might be turned into the Magneto for Jon. Apparently he, Jon, was supposed to date Jenny Sparks in the Future state stories, and part of 5G was going to have him and Damian be Professor X and Magento. So I'm wondering if they're just going to move that over to Jay and make him become the Magento which leads to a break up and the whole Tragic love thing for Jon going forward. Can't be together because they can't see eye to eye on things.

Astonishing Member

I think Taylor developed nice chemistry between Jon and Jay, so I could see it coming miles away, even though I wanted them to just be friends for now because I didn't want Jon in a relationship so fast.
    While, on the one hand, I can see and understand the idea of taking things at a more steady pace with regards to building up a relationship from friendship to something more.

But on the other hand, I can also appreciate the decision to not beat around the bush about it. And in cases like this, frankly speaking, I highly approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    My only issue is that Jay might be turned into the Magneto for Jon. Apparently he, Jon, was supposed to date Jenny Sparks in the Future state stories, and part of 5G was going to have him and Damian be Professor X and Magento. So I'm wondering if they're just going to move that over to Jay and make him become the Magento which leads to a break up and the whole Tragic love thing for Jon going forward. Can't be together because they can't see eye to eye on things.
    Hmmm..... Yeah, I remember that...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Bisexual Robin Sees Batman Urban Legends #6 Get A Second Print
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bise...-second-print/
    Getting a 2nd print can be misleading. the actual numbers sold is the important data to look at. The 1st print shipped average numbers, performing lower than a few Bat [and bat fam ]titles.

Not sure why some people are upset with Jon being Bi. It doesn't change the character one bit.

I think it funny that there's 2 RobinXSuperboy ships and DC took one from each. Lol

So now Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and Green Lantern all have queer male heroes in their ranks. Pretty good.

Mighty Member

Final update for tonight.

#1 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #4 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #10 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#6 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #16 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#12 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #25 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Not sure why some people are upset with Jon being Bi. It doesn't change the character one bit.

I think it funny that there's 2 RobinXSuperboy ships and DC took one from each. Lol
    Same, it's basically trolling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    So now Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and Green Lantern all have queer male heroes in their ranks. Pretty good.
    Which Flash male hero is that? I can only think of Pied Piper but he's not a speedster.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Which Flash male hero is that? I can only think of Pied Piper but he's not a speedster.
    Yeah, I meant Pied Piper.