Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Ghost-Maker is bisexual.

Actually, I hope both Clownhunter & Ghost-Maker will remain recurring characters in the Bat-verse
    I do like both, and I see Bao as potentially ace.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's cool that there's a gay male character in gotham, but I wish it was Clownhunter. Ghostmaker is so boring, whereas Bao Pham has the potential to be a lasting addition to the batman universe.
    I love Clownhunter and Ghost-Maker, both, quite honestly. (The latter is far from boring, too, especially with his recent appearances and backup story.) Also, as was mention and for the sake of clarity, Ghost-Maker is bi.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    You expressed that so well and beautifully.

It's basically fetishization of lesbians by the primarily straight dudes that write about Gotham/DC that is also easily deniable/erasable anyway because most of those queer women are bisexual.
    Yeah. That's part of why it's sometimes referred to as "performative" (with the other side of the coin being those who label themselves as straight getting with another woman just long enough to gain clout from certain men).

The bold is especially frustrating considering the all too real lack of biromantic and bisexual visibility.

Very blink-and-you'd-miss-it and also on the vague side, but there was a moment that implied Bao has some kind of feelings for Wonder Woman, actually. (In that awkward teenage kind of way, which was one of the few genuine teenage moments we've ever gotten from him.)
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-27-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah. That's part of why it's sometimes referred to as "performative" (with the other side of the coin being those who label themselves as straight getting with another woman just long enough to gain clout from certain men).

The bold is especially frustrating considering the all too real lack of biromantic and bisexual visibility.

Very blink-and-you'd-miss-it and also on the vague side, but there was a moment that implied Bao has some kind of feelings for Wonder Woman, actually. (In that awkward teenage kind of way, which was one of the few genuine teenage moments we've ever gotten from him.)
    I do remember that scene, actually! I read it as more like a fanboy/girl moment, perhaps mixed with a bit of a crush. But he can be hetero-romantic and asexual though.

I read Selina's bisexuality as one that is "performative" as I believe it's used to exoticize her further (related to how Selina is often racebent because skin color and ethnicity are also aspects of people's identity that are easily fetishized) for the purposes of aggrandizing Batman and enhancing his wish fulfillment quality. Despite that, I think Selina's bisexuality makes sense and I recall many others on this board echoing those sentiments.

There's something to be said for ANY representation versus GOOD representation.

I was really hoping that Clownhunter would be gay and have a relationship with Cullen.
    Of course, if Tim actually comes out and gets a boyfriend that may fill that "slot" in DC's collective minds.
    Ghost Hunter is awesome but he's so new and just a supporting character. He could be written out before the end of the year never to be seen again.
    It's frustrating that the gay male characters we've gotten for years have come and gone. Obsidian was gone for like a decade after New 52, Earth 2 Alan Scott was gay (and had his partner fridged in the tragic dead gay trope in his first appearance) and he's long gone, I got a little attached to Bunker and now he's faded away, etc. That's the problem with all the gay male characters being disposable in their mindset. That's why we need some B lister gays if not an actual A lister.
    I feel like DC is finally trying on that front, but I'm hesitant to trust after being burned so often.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I was really hoping that Clownhunter would be gay and have a relationship with Cullen.
    Of course, if Tim actually comes out and gets a boyfriend that may fill that "slot" in DC's collective minds.
    Ghost Hunter is awesome but he's so new and just a supporting character. He could be written out before the end of the year never to be seen again.
    It's frustrating that the gay male characters we've gotten for years have come and gone. Obsidian was gone for like a decade after New 52, Earth 2 Alan Scott was gay (and had his partner fridged in the tragic dead gay trope in his first appearance) and he's long gone, I got a little attached to Bunker and now he's faded away, etc. That's the problem with all the gay male characters being disposable in their mindset. That's why we need some B lister gays if not an actual A lister.
    I feel like DC is finally trying on that front, but I'm hesitant to trust after being burned so often.
    Yeah Bunker's absence is disappointing considering he's one of the few good things to come out of Lobdell's Titans. Unique powerset, unique look, and Mexican. And that purple outfit is gay as f#@!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I do remember that scene, actually! I read it as more like a fanboy/girl moment, perhaps mixed with a bit of a crush. But he can be hetero-romantic and asexual though.
    I also have that impression about him.

Interesting idea but I'd love that relationship!

I'm afraid if Tim comes out, he will become the 'LGBT/rainbow' Robin & that's it - thus, DC can say that there's queer male rep. in the Bat-fam.

I got a little attached to Bunker and now he's faded away, etc.
    Yeah Bunker's absence is disappointing considering he's one of the few good things to come out of Lobdell's Titans. Unique powerset, unique look, and Mexican. And that purple outfit is gay as f#@!
    Oh Bunker... Last year he appeared in a few RHATO issues, I was very happy.
    I don't understand why he has been sidelined for a long time when it's obvious he's a powerhouse. I mean he's frigging capable of creating energy constructs similarly to the Green Lanterns.[/QUOTE]
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

What do you think of Diana's brother, Jason?

He was revealed to be bisexual in Orlando's run, & the writer also confirmed in a tweet that Jason is queer (he used that word specifically). I think Jason hasn't been used since Orlando's run... which is bad considering that Jason is an LGBT character... but to be honest, I didn't really get attached to him, he was sorta meh.

jason prince.jpg
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

I also have that impression about him.

Interesting idea but I'd love that relationship!

I'm afraid if Tim comes out, he will become the 'LGBT/rainbow' Robin & that's it - thus, DC can say that there's queer male rep. in the Bat-fam.

Oh Bunker... Last year he appeared in a few RHATO issues, I was very happy.
    I don't understand why he has been sidelined for a long time when it's obvious he's a powerhouse. I mean he's frigging capable of creating energy constructs similarly to the Green Lanterns.
    [/QUOTE]

He’s in titans academy right

Incredible Member

He was revealed to be bisexual in Orlando's run, & the writer also confirmed in a tweet that Jason is queer (he used that word specifically). I think Jason hasn't been used since Orlando's run... which is bad considering that Jason is an LGBT character... but to be honest, I didn't really get attached to him, he was sorta meh.

jason prince.jpg
    After Robinson's wet fart of a run where he was introduced, I can say...I'm all set on seeing him again lol. He was turned queer in the last little appearance he had which was already at the tail end of Orlando's run and even he seemed to be writing him off into the Dark Multiverse or whatever.

Any character can be rehabilitated but I'm okay with letting him be forgotten.

Orlando's rehabilitated Extrano, on the other hand, would be a treat to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He’s in titans academy right
    Is he a central character or a supporting one? does he appear in every issue?

thx for your answer!

After Robinson's wet fart of a run where he was introduced, I can say...I'm all set on seeing him again lol. He was turned queer in the last little appearance he had which was already at the tail end of Orlando's run and even he seemed to be writing him off into the Dark Multiverse or whatever.
    Yeah, his story has remained unfinished... lol
    it seems no one cares about him

Astonishing Member

That reminds me, but if Tim's development is him realizing and opening up to being bi, than that will make that one scene from, I think it was, Batman: Eternal where Cullen, in a joking yet wistful manner, asks Harper to use her "connections" to hook Tim up with himself (or something along those lines). Like, give Cullen his due vindication!

(Speaking of Cullen, let him reunite with Midnighter! Ever since their time together in Batman and Robin: Eternal, I've always loved the idea of Midnighter being a mentor to Cullen, and I wish they'd make it happen.)

Astonishing Member

jason prince.jpg
    I, in the least, enjoyed Jason and enjoy the idea of having him around. Liked his intro and his character development, and I wish there was more and that we got to see more of him and of him and Diana interacting. (That was always a treat.) Hope to see him used again soon.

I remember during the issue where he was first introduced to Diana, we got a hint that he was probably bi or pan or something polysexual/polyromantic. Diana asked if Jason had any girlfriends, before pausing and also adding boyfriends. Jason didn't specify, but the mood was that he was probably into both.

Any character can be rehabilitated but I'm okay with letting him be forgotten.

Orlando's rehabilitated Extrano, on the other hand, would be a treat to see again.
    Again, I enjoyed his intro in Robinson's book. Can't opine on much else, but I did genuinely enjoyed that.

As well, I'd hate it if he never appeared again. I think he's an excellent addition to Wonder Woman's mythos. (And on a more general principle, I hate this ongoing trend of Wonder Woman gaining new additions and lore that get dropped or directly overturned as soon as the next writer or whatever comes along.) So I say let the bi Diana have her bi twin brother.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-28-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That reminds me, but if Tim's development is him realizing and opening up to being bi, than that will make that one scene from, I think it was, Batman: Eternal where Cullen, in a joking yet wistful manner, asks Harper to use her "connections" to hook Tim up with himself (or something along those lines). Like, give Cullen his due vindication!

(Speaking of Cullen, let him reunite with Midnighter! Ever since their time together in Batman and Robin: Eternal, I've always loved the idea of Midnighter being a mentor to Cullen, and I wish they'd make it happen.)
    Cullen could be the Midnighter sidekick I never knew I wanted.