Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default I don't understand...

Why did this happen? Why are all the posts gone XD.

I am just lost. Were we told this was going to happen?

And how many posts do I need again to change my avatar to a custom one? lol

Astonishing Member

I'm with you, Power Torch. As a Spidey Fan, I have to say: WHAT THE WEBS HAS HAPPENED HERE?!!

I mean I am not mad, just lost.....this came out of know where to me haha.

I am willing to work my post count back up, I just wish there was a way to transfer the old threads.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

It was to do away with undesirables and usher in a new police state;

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

First post!

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    It was to do away with undesirables and usher in a new police state;

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

First post!
    I get the feeling that one particular group will still not be protected by the hate speech rule...

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    I get the feeling that one particular group will still not be protected by the hate speech rule...
    Your chosen username says it all. There was a hatestorm, and Jonah thought that the best way to deal with that hatestorm was to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Personally, I think he over-reacted. He should have just banned all the CBR users who participated in that hatestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Your chosen username says it all. There was a hatestorm, and Jonah thought that the best way to deal with that hatestorm was to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Personally, I think he over-reacted. He should have just banned all the CBR users who participated in that hatestorm.
    Was it really too big to do that though? Maybe to many people, to many posts? Idk, it does seem like a over reaction, but I just wish there was a way to transfer out old accounts. We all look like newbies now lol.
    Pulls:

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post

Unless the admin could've linked the posters on this forum to being the same people who threatened that "journalist", there wouldn't have been grounds to ban anybody.

They also screwed things up for mobile users, I can't even create a profile now. Really this is sad and unnecessary.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

A few Bad apples ruin to for everyone else.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Like I said, if they felt they had to do this fine, but it feel like we all went down with the ship, could they not have restarted the forums with out changing and deleting our accounts? I will get my numbers back up in 3 years I am sure. But it feels like my last 3 years are just gone. (On CBR I mean lol).
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member

They have all the right in the world to do what they like. We aren't "owed" anything. Don't put so much pressure on titles and post counts. Are they really as important as what you're trying to say.

I just hope this doesn't become CBR over-policing this place and banning people for sharing negative opinions, especially well thought out ones. Also, regarding language there has to be a simple way around this. I haven't worked on a forum in about 10 years (cause I got old and got a job!) but back then there were simple add-ons to replace profanity. Why not implement that here and save some moderation troubles?

Extraordinary Member

That idiot Barry Allen ran too fast again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Unless the admin could've linked the posters on this forum to being the same people who threatened that "journalist", there wouldn't have been grounds to ban anybody.
    Supposedly there was plenty of hate in the thread itself to justify a bunch of bans. As far as linking user profiles to actions outside of CBR itself, absent identical e-mails or other identifying information, I suppose it could be hard, but I'm not sure just how much responsibility Jonah should have taken on for activity outside of his site.

In any case, it seems like an overreaction, but I don't mind giving the new forums a chance. Now to see if there are any decent conversations started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyatcbr View Post
    They have all the right in the world to do what they like. We aren't "owed" anything. Don't put so much pressure on titles and post counts. Are they really as important as what you're trying to say.

I just hope this doesn't become CBR over-policing this place and banning people for sharing negative opinions, especially well thought out ones. Also, regarding language there has to be a simple way around this. I haven't worked on a forum in about 10 years (cause I got old and got a job!) but back then there were simple add-ons to replace profanity. Why not implement that here and save some moderation troubles?
    Or folks could just remember not to use the profanity. I do agree that negative reviews and critiques on comics work should be permitted, so long as they don't constitute personal attacks on the creators themselves.