Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Lest hope they give #6 free to develop the story, they always can do some side scene about the Gala given itīs mainly a Krakoa event and Brand was clear in making the point she didnīt work for Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I hope Eden just wipes the floor with Knull on the next page and the rest of the issue is the teleport squad collaborating to give Peter Henry Gyrich an atomic wedgie.

I'm just sick of Knull he is the most boring fucking Villain in years this shit didn't need to be a whole event could have kept it strickly in the Spider-Man Comics.

Also I realized a while back the artist for Sword posted some art with Quoi from Empyre AKA the celestial Messiah with a to be continued type text he's probably the next villain for Sword!!

SWORD is a victim of its own premise. I love other things Ewing has written, but I have no sympathy for Ewing having to struggle to keep people invested when this entire series started because Brand had a temper tantrum over everyone else handling an alien invasion badly. With that start, they COULDN'T ignore this.

It probably didn't need to be 3 issues, but if SWORD can't make an alien invasion story interesting, then its probably not long for this world. Dealing with alien threats is supposed to be their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    SWORD is a victim of its own premise. I love other things Ewing has written, but I have no sympathy for Ewing having to struggle to keep people invested when this entire series started because Brand had a temper tantrum over everyone else handling an alien invasion badly. With that start, they COULDN'T ignore this.

It probably didn't need to be 3 issues, but if SWORD can't make an alien invasion story interesting, then its probably not long for this world. Dealing with alien threats is supposed to be their thing.
    Sword is not the issue Ewing is doing a great job on that front, Knull as a villain is just boring as hell and has been shoved down our throats for months we're tired of him he's not interesting just evil for the sake of evil how often can you beat that horse.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed Knull is just too generic, I liked the resolution with Captain Universe but a villain for a event needs to have some more substance to them still we can always enjoy seeing SWORD beat him and yes I agree Quoi would be a great villain for SWORD Edit. that would be the opportunity for Ewing to do a crossover with SWORD and Guardians of the Galaxy with Teddy and Billy as members.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-11-2021 at 05:56 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

The problem is Knull as an idea has been done ad nauseam by Marvel with Oblivion, Mikaboshi, Nyx, etc. They really should have done their research before they approved KiB.

Mighty Member

Looking forward to this. This is what they do. Deal with space stuff. I’m not reading anything else with KIB so it doesn’t bother me. We’ve seen the team. We’ve seen them work together. Last issue we saw Eden try and use politics to get help. This issue is just one more issue building the world of mutants in space protecting earth. I’m here for it without complaints

starting a new series with a crossover is just stupid. sorry, marvel.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do not mind the KiB crossover inclusion, which is actually quite logic, seen that SWORD is supposed to be on cosmic threats, which Knull is.

I do agree Knull and his symbiote dragons are generic and quite lame to be honest. I rather saw SWORD handle Riot, Toxic and so on, as they are more fun and barely used in this symbiote story and they seem to have totally forgotten Jimmy who is now a symbiote called Poison, he should have been included for sure.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Nice try, but S.W.O.R.D and Ewings writing in itself are just fine.

The problem is the god forsaken event that's bogging it and every other book affected by it down.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nice try, but S.W.O.R.D and Ewings writing in itself are just fine.

The problem is the god forsaken event that's bogging it and every other book affected by it down.
    Agreed. Also I don’t know about y’all but I think Ewing has been doing an amazing job of showcasing his characters and setting up future plot threads even within the shackles of this event. I don’t care about KiB at all but I’ve still enjoyed these issues.

Sadly, this isn't the first time. Both his New & U.S.Avengers runs were bogged down by crossovers. That's Marvel.

S.W.O.R.D. is my favorite X-book, but I didn't like the preview. Just like in X-Force, mutant getting killed is beyond tedious now. None of the human super-heroes were killed in the main book or other tie-ins and beyond turning into symbiotes, no one has been stripped to the bone either. Just because mutants can be reborn, shouldn't mean some should constantly die.
    But if it has happen it something I missed, than I'll stand corrected.