Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sadly, this isn't the first time. Both his New & U.S.Avengers runs were bogged down by crossovers. That's Marvel.
    And Mighty. And The Ultimates.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm quite enjoying this book. Even as a KiB because it remains pretty much loosely tangential to the main story and interestingly focuses on the main characters of the book and What they're doing.
    Ewing has knocked it out of the park for three issues straight so far...can't wait to see how this one goes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    SWORD is a victim of its own premise. I love other things Ewing has written, but I have no sympathy for Ewing having to struggle to keep people invested when this entire series started because Brand had a temper tantrum over everyone else handling an alien invasion badly. With that start, they COULDN'T ignore this.

It probably didn't need to be 3 issues, but if SWORD can't make an alien invasion story interesting, then its probably not long for this world. Dealing with alien threats is supposed to be their thing.
    Ewing, SWORD, or the premise of this book is NOT the problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The problem is Knull as an idea has been done ad nauseam by Marvel with Oblivion, Mikaboshi, Nyx, etc. They really should have done their research before they approved KiB.

This is!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nice try, but S.W.O.R.D and Ewings writing in itself are just fine.

The problem is the god forsaken event that's bogging it and every other book affected by it down.
    ALL of this!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Can anyone see who else are hanging there besides Sunfire and Cortez?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Can anyone see who else are hanging there besides Sunfire and Cortez?
    From right to the left: paibok. Sunfire and banshee. Then frenzy and another one that i cannot recognize

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    SWORD is a victim of its own premise. I love other things Ewing has written, but I have no sympathy for Ewing having to struggle to keep people invested when this entire series started because Brand had a temper tantrum over everyone else handling an alien invasion badly. With that start, they COULDN'T ignore this.

It probably didn't need to be 3 issues, but if SWORD can't make an alien invasion story interesting, then its probably not long for this world. Dealing with alien threats is supposed to be their thing.
    Well Sword takes care of earth invasions and it started around King in Black event that is a earth invasion. it really is bad timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Sword is not the issue Ewing is doing a great job on that front, Knull as a villain is just boring as hell and has been shoved down our throats for months we're tired of him he's not interesting just evil for the sake of evil how often can you beat that horse.
    I don't care about villains, specially on stories whre the focus are the heroes. Daredevil did a great tie-in with nice consequences.

If Daredevil made it good, why not Sword?
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Daredevil already had 20+ issues to get you invested in Matt and Electra's struggles.

A better comparison would be Ewing's Immortal Hulk. Those were one-shots so they didn't overstay their welcome.

So maybe doing a three issue tie in this early was a mistake but not one thats too costly.

The X-men should have had a King in Black mini instead of having this derail S.W.O.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    4 issues.

3 King in Black tie-ins.

:/
    With 3 issues, at this point, its s stealth mini series

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's only been two KiB 'tie-ins' really. Issue 02 (and this wasn't even much of a tie-in, directly) and presumably issue 04. Issue 03 was all about Eden doing his job and being awesome.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Oh goodie, Cortez gets eaten. Best issue yet.
    Just a shame that Sunfire had to go down with him.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just a shame that Sunfire had to go down with him.
    True, Sunfire was made for better things. Whereas as this is more or less what should happen to Cortez on a daily basis.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed Shiro deserves a fighthing chance.

I think this King in black won way too easily imo I hope to see a resolution where they defeat him completely in his own game
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I have not kept up with King in Black nor do I intend to and I still have found SWORD’s tie-ins to be top notch. The art team certainly helps though. I’m absolutely enamored.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I have not kept up with King in Black nor do I intend to and I still have found SWORD’s tie-ins to be top notch. The art team certainly helps though. I’m absolutely enamored.
    I mean as a really want to boil down to the writing for these tie-ins have been top notch considering event tie ins usually don't have the best writing.

And despite having his main story hijacked Ewing is still managing to progress his plot as well as add characterization.

I’m surprised people are complaining about this book.

This KIB stuff has really just been a frame narrative for a Manifold spotlight and an issue showing off Cortez and Mentallo. If this book ends at 10 or 12, then I’d be pretty annoyed, but I think a slower getting the team together tie-in story demonstrates Marvel’s faith in Ewing. This is exactly the same way his street level Avengers book had to start during Infinity.