Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I got a chance to read it early and all I can say is Trung Le Nguyen's "Memories of Hator" is my favorite B&G story so far. By a lot.
    What era/version of WW does the story feature?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I got a chance to read it early and all I can say is Trung Le Nguyen's "Memories of Hator" is my favorite B&G story so far. By a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I'm going to guess Golden Age, because

spoilers:
    Hator is the planet Badra is from. Does she appear?
    end of spoilers

Hellazapoppin - lol, this was pretty much the image critics of New 52 Wonder Woman have in their heads. Great art but probably my least favorite of the stories so far

Beyond the Horizon - decent

How Wonder Woman Was Brought Low by a Mouse But Captured the Stars - Busiek must be proud of that title, liked this quite a bit probably my second favorite of this collection. Enjoyed the ending with Hippolyta and Philipus.

Feet of Clay - Another good one, interesting to see Diana's origin from someone who isn't Hippolyta or Steve.

Memories of Hator - Gonna agree with Nyssane, probably one of the best stories in the whole mini.

Solid issue, last three are probably some of the stronger ones in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hellazapoppin - lol, this was pretty much the image critics of New 52 Wonder Woman have in their heads. Great art but probably my least favorite of the stories so far

How Wonder Woman Was Brought Low by a Mouse But Captured the Stars - Busiek must be proud of that title, liked this quite a bit probably my second favorite of this collection. Enjoyed the ending with Hippolyta and Philipus.

Feet of Clay - Another good one, interesting to see Diana's origin from someone who isn't Hippolyta or Steve.

Memories of Hator - Gonna agree with Nyssane, probably one of the best stories in the whole mini.

I'm with you...
    on the other hand I love the use of villains that only appeared once, a way to vindicate them or follow their stories after so many decades. It is nice.

The story Trung is referencing to is Comics Cavalcade 25, from Joye Hummel's run

It's sort of it's own stand-alone story set in modern time but inspired by the Golden Age.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm going to guess Golden Age, because

spoilers:
    Hator is the planet Badra is from. Does she appear?
    end of spoilers
    She does, and it's magnificent.

100%! The last three were great. LOVED the ending with Hippolyta and Philippus in the Busiek story, and it felt very WW '77. Feet of Clay exploring Antiope when most writers rarely do was very nice, and I'm not gonna lie, Memories of Hator made me tear up a bit.

Feet of Clay had the cutes freaking little-kid Diana I have ever seen.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Feet of Clay had the cutes freaking little-kid Diana I have ever seen.
    lol, reminded me a bit of the Disney Hercules movie.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I love Trungles, I love his signature spaghetti hair and his story was just the cutest. 5/5

Unlike many people here I don't find many stories in this anthology great or very good. But I really, really like this anthology. Why? In Superman black/white/red we basically got 3-4 different storylines repeated again and again over the 6 issues. But this anthology to me feels like an encyclopaedia. Every issue brings back something that I never expected to see again or something that I haven't seen before. This is not something that you can really give to a new reader, but if someone wants to get a bit deeper into WW's mythos and see how rich they are then I feel like this series is a perfect recommendation.

Yes, felt very generic, sword-wielding warrior lady to me.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Yes, felt very generic, sword-wielding warrior lady to me.
    Yeah, it was amusing from a meta/editorial level they have a "Slay Queen Diana who mocks the souls of the damned" right before a story where she helps lay to rest a sea ghost.

Only thing missing was a Daddy Zeus reference.

Yeah, it was amusing from a meta/editorial level they have a "Slay Queen Diana who mocks the souls of the damned" right before a story where she helps lay to rest a sea ghost.

The whiplash between those stories hurt my neck, especially since the other stories were so chill and didn’t feel like a Heavy Metal preview.

And Diana talking about entrails “flinging about” felt like a parody.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-30-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

At first I thought Tomasi writing Diana as a b**** in the New 52 was a ploy to tank SM/WW. Now I think he just genuinely believes that’s how she should be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At first I thought Tomasi writing Diana as a b**** in the New 52 was a ploy to tank SM/WW. Now I think he just genuinely believes that’s how she should be.
    I’m so used to bad Warrior Woman writing, I just don’t give many at DC the benefit of the doubt.