Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    More polarizing/controversial than disliked, I would say. New 52 did bring in a lot of new readers and so it's unsurprising 10 years later some of it's ideas still pop up or remain.

But yeah, there was a lot in this issue; Strife, First Born, blonde Hippolyta, daddy Zeus. Least no straw man Amazons.
    Don't you mean daddy issues?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Don't you mean daddy issues?
    No, I was referring to the references in the issue of Zeus being Diana's daddy.

Second issue was great! First issue was pretty tepid but everyone brought their A-game here I thought. Very pleasantly surprised by the variety in stories. Also those of you who complain about Diana’s villains, one of them got the win over another member of the Trinity lol. spoilers:
    Circe has beaten both Superman (in this issue) and Batman (in the DCAU) just another sign of her status as the arch
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    This issue was very New52-heavy. Here I thought the New52 was very disliked by everyone. Rachel Smythe even used New52 Superman in her story. Which is it DC? You're confusing me.
    It’s disliked here but to put it in perspective: it’s the only WW run I know that’s gotten Absolutes and Omnibuses and has been consistently kept in print. A lot of casuals view N52 Azz WW as one of the great runs alongside Snyder Batman and Johns JL.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Second issue was great! First issue was pretty tepid but everyone brought their A-game here I thought. Very pleasantly surprised by the variety in stories. Also those of you who complain about Diana’s villains, one of them got the win over another member of the Trinity lol. spoilers:
    Circe has beaten both Superman (in this issue) and Batman (in the DCAU) just another sign of her status as the arch
    end of spoilers
    Ahhhh, you say that my friend, but in the latest DC Encyclopedia Circe barley got half a page.

I think most have just noticed the lack of Circe from recent Wonder Woman comics, since she was primarily used in JL Dark. I like the depiction of Circe in all of these though, so bring in more Circe I say!

-

Also there was another reference to Wonder Woman being blind. Writers really like that story arc, huh?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-27-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Couldn't disagree more with everyone here. Loved the first issue of Black and Gold. The Etta Candy story, the interrogation / origin of the lasso, the one where Lyta was sick. This second issue felt very weak aside from the Mariko Tamaki story (which was quite cool). I wouldn't recomend this issue to anyone unless they really like Wonder Woman. None of these stories emotionally connected with me like B&G #1, nor did any of them make me laugh, or intrigue me.

There was no refreshing statement about Wonder Woman (aside from the first story), or the intricacies of her relationship with the people in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Couldn't disagree more with everyone here. Loved the first issue of Black and Gold. The Etta Candy story, the interrogation / origin of the lasso, the one where Lyta was sick. This second issue felt very weak aside from the Mariko Tamaki story (which was quite cool). I wouldn't recomend this issue to anyone unless they really like Wonder Woman. None of these stories emotionally connected with me like B&G #1, nor did any of them make me laugh, or intrigue me.

There was no refreshing statement about Wonder Woman (aside from the first story), or the intricacies of her relationship with the people in her life.
    Rock-paper-scissors didn't make you laugh?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Too much New 52 for me.

Without Love began with promise but then was over in the blink of an eye. The concept deserved a full story.

…at least I got a nice Dodson cover for my money.
    Last edited by Largo161; 07-27-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Rock-paper-scissors didn't make you laugh?
    Not really. I mean, it's nice for you to enjoy it, but I thought Etta Candy and Sick Hippolyta were much funnier.

Incredible Member

Not really. I mean, it's nice for you to enjoy it, but I thought Etta Candy and Sick Hippolyta were much funnier.
    Bummer you didn't enjoy it as much. How'd you like the art, though? Overall, except for the last one, I think this was a gorgeous looking book.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ahhhh, you say that my friend, but in the latest DC Encyclopedia Circe barley got half a page.

I think most have just noticed the lack of Circe from recent Wonder Woman comics, since she was primarily used in JL Dark. I like the depiction of Circe in all of these though, so bring in more Circe I say!

-

Also there was another reference to Wonder Woman being blind. Writers really like that story arc, huh?
    Just wait until WW3 uses her as the Big Bad, you’ll see!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    The Acquaintance had a funny twist but it did make me realize how much the Zeus as Diana's father keeps getting brought up.
    UGH, why? I was so looking forward to reading this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s disliked here but to put it in perspective: it’s the only WW run I know that’s gotten Absolutes and Omnibuses and has been consistently kept in print. A lot of casuals view N52 Azz WW as one of the great runs alongside Snyder Batman and Johns JL.
    Great. More bad news. The best thing that could happen to WW if somebody else got the copyright to her character and mythos.

I loved sick Hippolyta too. Such a fun issue. It's a story that could done with incarnation of Wonder Woman, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Too much New 52 for me.

Without Love began with promise but then was over in the blink of an eye. The concept deserved a full story.

…at least I got a nice Dodson cover for my money.
    Yeah, even my feelings on New 52 aside I wish these stories pulled from a lot of eras if only for some variety.

“Without Love” felt like it could have been a more interesting story to tackle in her run but the book was full on the Max Lord show at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Bummer you didn't enjoy it as much. How'd you like the art, though? Overall, except for the last one, I think this was a gorgeous looking book.
    It was cool. Lots of variety. I loved the use of gold in that story without words. It was by far the most effective use of color.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-27-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Is Clark your boyfriend?! And now the "The Acquaintance". What are you up to DC?