Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I like the way the tiara and hair are drawn. It looks like a modern take on the HG Peter style.
    My first thought too, like a mashup of Peters and modern artists.

I am a simple Wonder Woman fan.

I see Nichola Scott, I purchase.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I am a simple Wonder Woman fan.

I see Nichola Scott, I purchase.
    Same. May have to buy this one.

I wonder if "feathered friend" was meant to be "feathered fiend" and it is a typo, or it's legit meant to be friend? Odds are it would be Vanessa either way, but they could throw us for a loop and toss in Bird Boy out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Same. May have to buy this one.

I wonder if "feathered friend" was meant to be "feathered fiend" and it is a typo, or it's legit meant to be friend? Odds are it would be Vanessa either way, but they could throw us for a loop and toss in Bird Boy out of nowhere
    With Mod Wonder Woman making a cameo, I’d say anything is possible.

That is a gonna be a weird opening story.

Wonder Woman, The Sitcom.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member

For those who want to see the creative team pairings without looking at the rest of the preview:

They are going all out with the covers. Love to see it.

#4 Variant by Matías Bergara

Thought this was a decent first issue, though as with anthologies it always tends to vary on what you'll get.

"Mother's Daughter - Very sitcom-y as described earlier by another poster. I can't say I cared for it that much.

"What Doesn't Kill You" - Didn't on the whole care for the art but some interesting callbacks to earlier WW stories.

"I'm Ageless" - Pretty good story, even had a peak Bat-Dick moment.

"The Golden Age" - Along with "The Ageless" probably among my favorites of the bunch. Fun Etta Candy moments near the end and felt like what maybe a Batman '66 version of Wonder Woman would be

"The Wager" - Liked Cloonan's art and parts of this though I'm not sure I care for this an origin story for the lasso. Though I guess it's fitting the last story of the first issue revolves around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thought this was a decent first issue, though as with anthologies it always tends to vary on what you'll get.

"Mother's Daughter - Very sitcom-y as described earlier by another poster. I can't say I cared for it that much.

"What Doesn't Kill You" - Didn't on the whole care for the art but some interesting callbacks to earlier WW stories.

"I'm Ageless" - Pretty good story, even had a peak Bat-Dick moment.

"The Golden Age" - Along with "The Ageless" probably among my favorites of the bunch. Fun Etta Candy moments near the end and felt like what maybe a Batman '66 version of Wonder Woman would be

"The Wager" - Liked Cloonan's art and parts of this though I'm not sure I care for this an origin story for the lasso. Though I guess it's fitting the last story of the first issue revolves around it.
    Pretty much the same, though I rather liked the art in the second story. wouldn’t like it in the ongoing title though, but it would be interesting for a backup if it was more myth based.

I think the second story was my favorite out of them all.

Pretty much the same, though I rather liked the art in the second story. wouldn’t like it in the ongoing title though, but it would be interesting for a backup if it was more myth based.

I think the second story was my favorite out of them all.
    I think was I mainly judging the art on how Diana looked, which is the part I didn't care for. Circe in her JLD God of Magic form I actually thought looked pretty good in just the black and gold coloring.

I dunno what it was, but I wasn't thrilled with any of the stories. I liked the Circe one the best, obviously, but the rest ranged from meh to downright bad (the first story especially).

Incredible Member

First story was kinda not great and a mixed bag on the art front when I usually quite enjoy Doyle's work.

The 2nd story was cool with some cool continuity callbacks and I liked the art.

Sook's Diana is everything I didn't know I needed.

Amy Reeder's story and art was feel good fun.

Cloonan's was atmospheric and a peek at a Diana performing some reverse psychology and intimidation play. Some interesting stuff with the lasso but I wonder if this is what the golden lasso's origin is for the main WW book.

Extraordinary Member

Overall I'd say I enjoyed all the stories to varying degrees except the first one. Definitely a stronger debut than Superman: Red and Blue.