Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I agree, Fong. In the courthouse scene, we at least see how strong WW and fast WW is tossing those terrorists like dolls. However, even though I would have lived to have seen some physical feats of strengths from her during her battle with Steppendude, let's not forget to block those attacks with shield and sword does require her to be in the same level of strength as he, if not close. We all know WHY her strength was not purely shown in that part...to make way for Superman, of course.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I agree, Fong. In the courthouse scene, we at least see how strong WW and fast WW is tossing those terrorists like dolls. However, even though I would have lived to have seen some physical feats of strengths from her during her battle with Steppendude, let's not forget to block those attacks with shield and sword does require her to be in the same level of strength as he, if not close. We all know WHY her strength was not purely shown in that part...to make way for Superman, of course.
    Thst isn't much since they are all humans.

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    She does far more than "hold her own" against the fodder, but you want her to take down the main villain within the first half of the film single-handedly, giving her the Superman treatment, which all of us on this forum agree was over the top.

The bar is low and it's low in her movies too. The "losing her powers" excuse doesn't work at all because as I have said multiple times that plot point was wildly inconsistent. One moment she struggles to break a lock and the next she's showing no ill-effects. And again, she was back at full strength for the final fight against Cheetah and it was still terrible.
    She did nothing impressive against steppenwolf and superman. So yes snyder WW is not impressive at all. Easily stoping huymans and fodder is something any super human can do.

Fantastic Member

Well, I guess her blocking Steppenwolf's attacks displays no strength, does it? The shield and sword just has its own magical strength. I do agree that she was made to look less powerful in her fight Steppendude for the sake of Superman's saving arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Well, I guess her blocking Steppenwolf's attacks displays no strength, does it? The shield and sword just has its own magical strength. I do agree that she was made to look less powerful in her fight Steppendude for the sake of Superman's saving arrival.
    It would be better to actually show her doing major stuff with her own powers alone. The sword and shield have been taking away attention from her own powers for far too long now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He got held in place by 20 Amazons and couldn't break free until they sunk the whole building into the ocean and all the Amazons holding him back drowned. And then Wonder Woman calls him the most powerful being she's ever encountered and they don't do a singe thing to prove his stronger that Doomsday or Ares.

Doomsday was leveling city blocks and took a nuke to the face.

Ares was lifting huge chucks of rock up with his mind and summoning lighting from the sky, and could astral project and teleport himself around the world.

What was the strongest thing Steppenwolf did? Not fall unconscious when Superman was beating him?

Edit: She killed him in Wonder Woman: Dead Earth

Again, I responded to what you wrote. Being "B-list" and exiled wasn't dispositive. This time you are actually talking about feats in the movie. No, he didn't do anything particularly impressive, other than fight the entire Superman-less Justice League. Unfortunately, you'll just have to take WW's word. For what its worth, I don't think he's more powerful than Doomsday. Ares, possibly. Those feats you listed is like comparing apples to table cloths. The strength Steppenwolf showed dispatching the Amazons and fighting the league is certainly comparable to Ares' telekenisis. The lightning and particularly astral projection are entirely different power sets and they weren't that impressive either.

Ah, an elsewhere story so it doesn't count. She was also in bracerless "God" mode and needed to use kryptonite. Nonetheless, it's an interesting story. Thanks for the find.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She did nothing impressive against steppenwolf and superman. So yes snyder WW is not impressive at all. Easily stoping huymans and fodder is something any super human can do.
    She didn't do anything impressive in her last movie either, other than glide on air currents and lasso lightning, the latter of which is probably more a reflection of the lasso than her. Her showing against Doomsday is still the most impressive fight she's had against a super powered foe (sadly) and her fights against Steppenwolf are still more impressive than the Cheetah fights, even if she couldn't beat him herself. When it comes to displaying her powers, I'll take Snyder's WW, even with the horrible Superman scene, which I already wrote about.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Oh, I can see you guys are already very well acquainted

Seriously though, this isn't gonna get us anywhere, so I'll take my leave of the thread and let you have the last word (which I won't read, cos then I'll only feel obliged to respond and this'll just go on and on an on....) Whatever you see in Snyder's action scenes, that's cool. At the end of the day, we all win if we've got something we enjoy. The important thing is not getting bogged down by that by the stuff we aren't so keen on.

And hey, my WW84 arrives tomoz, so any lingering memories of Justice League's "Adequate Woman" will soon be a distant memory when I get to watch Wonder Woman again!
    Yep, I disagree with just about everything you've written so far, but appreciate you being respectful and also having fun being cheeky. Hopefully we'll continue getting movies that cater to both sensibilities, so everyone has something they can enjoy. Sadly, with the state of DC, I'm not sure what we'll get in the future.

Yep, I disagree with just about everything you've written so far, but appreciate you being respectful and also having fun being cheeky. Hopefully we'll continue getting movies that cater to both sensibilities, so everyone has something they can enjoy. Sadly, with the state of DC, I'm not sure what we'll get in the future.
    We'll get another Wonder Woman movie to pointlessly bicker about, Lol.

She didn't do anything impressive in her last movie either, other than glide on air currents and lasso lightning, the latter of which is probably more a reflection of the lasso than her. Her showing against Doomsday is still the most impressive fight she's had against a super powered foe (sadly) and her fights against Steppenwolf are still more impressive than the Cheetah fights, even if she couldn't beat him herself. When it comes to displaying her powers, I'll take Snyder's WW, even with the horrible Superman scene, which I already wrote about.
    snyder WW is a glorified warrior fodder to the real heavy weights, that only looks powerful when she is killing humans she far outclasses. Outside of that snyder has never shown her doing anything big with her powers alone. Sword and shield take away most of the spotlight. So if you want to settle for synder WW. The bar is even lower than solo movies WW. Because at least between WW 2017 and WW84. She actually showed more of her powers, including flight. And is not portrayed as a killing machine. In the end. Both Jenkins and snyder have not done a good job portraying WW as a powerhouse. But snyder is worse because in his hands, she is just a one note warrior woman.

She didn't do anything impressive in her last movie either, other than glide on air currents and lasso lightning, the latter of which is probably more a reflection of the lasso than her.
    Naw, she straight up flew Cheetah out of the water and the movie ended without her needing the lassos help at all. She just needed it in the beginning.

Her showing against Doomsday is still the most impressive fight she's had against a super powered foe (sadly) and her fights against Steppenwolf are still more impressive than the Cheetah fights, even if she couldn't beat him herself. When it comes to displaying her powers, I'll take Snyder's WW, even with the horrible Superman scene, which I already wrote about.
    But I yeah, I gotta agree with mystical41 on this. At least with Patty she fought both Ares and Cheetah with her own powers and didn't need a sword and shield. It just kind of a shame with Snyder because you can see moments of Wonder Woman action we all want, but then he buries it under the sword and shield.

At least with Patty, Diana is a capable hand to hand fighter, and we see such with both her movies. Even in her Cheetah fights she was using actual martial arts techniques to combat her. We can see that Snyder can shoot impressive hand-to-hand combat scenes (Batman werehouse fight), but he just won't let Wonder Woman fight without a sword. She even has a moment to lasso Steppenwolf when he's on top of the Nighcrawler and what does he make her do? Go for the sword she dropped... and she needed Flashes help to reach it in time...
    Yeah it was a cool shot but he could have had another shot equally as cool without making Diana rely on the sword so much.

At least she has an excuse of being literally depowered through most of the movie, while in the Snyder movies she's at her full power and with even more years of experience and she still gets her ass handed to her by Superman and Steppenwolf and she still can't fly. And while the Cheetah fight was definitely underwhelming Diana doesn't come off as weak in it at all.

Fantastic Member

Steppenwolf would have killed WW84 Cheetah in no time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    We'll get another Wonder Woman movie to pointlessly bicker about, Lol.
    Of course we will. The question is will it be any good.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    snyder WW is a glorified warrior fodder to the real heavy weights, that only looks powerful when she is killing humans she far outclasses. Outside of that snyder has never shown her doing anything big with her powers alone. Sword and shield take away most of the spotlight. So if you want to settle for synder WW. The bar is even lower than solo movies WW. Because at least between WW 2017 and WW84. She actually showed more of her powers, including flight. And is not portrayed as a killing machine. In the end. Both Jenkins and snyder have not done a good job portraying WW as a powerhouse. But snyder is worse because in his hands, she is just a one note warrior woman.
    Nope. She looked like a powerhouse against Doomsday too and it's not like she didn't display any power against Steppenwolf, who himself said she could have stopped him (though, much like WW's line about him, the movie didn't fully display that). There's a reason he started to play mind games with her at the end. He wasn't able to take her down.

We'll just have to agree to disagree at this point because there's nothing in WW84 that convinces me that WW is any more powerful, skilled, or overall impressive than Snyder's WW and her "depowered" excuse is far too inconsistent to be an explanation. And you clearly hate Snyder's WW.