Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    To each his/her own.
    Exactly.

And if it's a choice between Wonder Woman successfully taking down whatever enemies are in front of her or Wonder Woman getting a certificate for participation because she "held her own" until Supes comes in and saves the day, it's not an especially tough decision.

You'd think.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Fantastic Member

WW84 action scenes compared to Justice League Synder is not even a comparison. WW1 is also far superior than WW84. It always comes to subjective opinion but the new generation of WW fans based on public opinion will prefer the Snyder action scenes. I rather forget WW84. Combine WW1 and Synder JLA and you'll have the perfect balance.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    WW84 action scenes compared to Justice League Synder is not even a comparison. WW1 is also far superior than WW84. It always comes to subjective opinion but the new generation of WW fans based on public opinion will prefer the Snyder action scenes. I rather forget WW84. Combine WW1 and Synder JLA and you'll have the perfect balance.
    I think a combo of WWI, Snyder cut and WW84 (less focus on sword and shield and more on the lasso, no needless killing) would be ideal and would accurately reflect her character

Fantastic Member

lol...I have a peeve on how they handle WW lasso in the movies...they should consult the animation department of WW; it's bad arse. Nothing in WW 84 would want me to ditch the sword and shield, but the animation department has many wicked WW moves and lasso uses, and there are so many lasso tricks that are still untapped...rope dart techniques, western cowboy stuff; all of of which can be made to look cool...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW84 barely had any action. While in the 4 hours of snyder's jl. The best she does on her own is against humans and parademons aka fodder. At least WW84 has the excuse she was losing her powers for most of the movie and they did not want to focus too much on action(which i think was a mistake). But the jl movie has no excuse. If the best we can get for DCEU WW is the jl type of power and action showcase, then the bar is really low.
    She does far more than "hold her own" against the fodder, but you want her to take down the main villain within the first half of the film single-handedly, giving her the Superman treatment, which all of us on this forum agree was over the top.

The bar is low and it's low in her movies too. The "losing her powers" excuse doesn't work at all because as I have said multiple times that plot point was wildly inconsistent. One moment she struggles to break a lock and the next she's showing no ill-effects. And again, she was back at full strength for the final fight against Cheetah and it was still terrible.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Exactly.

And if it's a choice between Wonder Woman successfully taking down whatever enemies are in front of her or Wonder Woman getting a certificate for participation because she "held her own" until Supes comes in and saves the day, it's not an especially tough decision.

You'd think.
    You can continue to mischaracterize both movies to your hearts content if that's what gets your rocks off.

And you're right. It's not an especially touch decision when you consider how bad WW84 was in the aspects pertinent to this discussion that most unbiased people can recognize, but if you loved it, good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think a combo of WWI, Snyder cut and WW84 (less focus on sword and shield and more on the lasso, no needless killing) would be ideal and would accurately reflect her character
    Take out all the Snyder except the bullets and bracelets bit and I'm right there with you.

I guess it does make sense that the only time Snyder got Diana right was when she was protecting people.

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    That's an subjective opinion though.
    I never stated that it wasn't. The fact that last sentence is an opinion doesn't contradict what I wrote above it because it addresses a different point.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Isn't Steppenwolf a B-list villain in this world though? He's considered an embarrassment by his own kin and isn't even allowed on his home planet because he's such a failure.
    1. Being a B-list villain doesn't mean he's weak. 2. He's considered an embarrassment and exiled because he failed at some task (I don't remember if we are told what it was), which again doesn't mean that he's weak. I'm not sure what you point you are trying to make here.

Still would like to know when WW has killed Superman.

The bar is low and it's low in her movies too. The "losing her powers" excuse doesn't work at all because as I have said multiple times that plot point was wildly inconsistent. One moment she struggles to break a lock and the next she's showing no ill-effects. And again, she was back at full strength for the final fight against Cheetah and it was still terrible.
    You can continue to mischaracterize both movies to your hearts content if that's what gets your rocks off.
    Pot. I'd like you to meet Kettle. I believe you'll get along famously.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That I agree with entirely.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Pot. I'd like you to meet Kettle. I believe you'll get along famously.
    Hello delusion, my old friend.

Hello delusion, my old friend.
    Oh, I can see you guys are already very well acquainted

Seriously though, this isn't gonna get us anywhere, so I'll take my leave of the thread and let you have the last word (which I won't read, cos then I'll only feel obliged to respond and this'll just go on and on an on....) Whatever you see in Snyder's action scenes, that's cool. At the end of the day, we all win if we've got something we enjoy. The important thing is not getting bogged down by that by the stuff we aren't so keen on.

And hey, my WW84 arrives tomoz, so any lingering memories of Justice League's "Adequate Woman" will soon be a distant memory when I get to watch Wonder Woman again!

i would prefer snyder rather than patty after how bad WW84 was, at least with snyder you can tell that he can give WW good combat scenes like the one with Doomsday

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ti Cruelrain View Post
    i would prefer snyder rather than patty after how bad WW84 was, at least with snyder you can tell that he can give WW good combat scenes like the one with Doomsday
    She did job out badly to superman in justice league. Also there is still an issue if she can fly in the synderverse.

I never stated that it wasn't. The fact that last sentence is an opinion doesn't contradict what I wrote above it because it addresses a different point.

1. Being a B-list villain doesn't mean he's weak. 2. He's considered an embarrassment and exiled because he failed at some task (I don't remember if we are told what it was), which again doesn't mean that he's weak. I'm not sure what you point you are trying to make here.

Still would like to know when WW has killed Superman.
    He got held in place by 20 Amazons and couldn't break free until they sunk the whole building into the ocean and all the Amazons holding him back drowned. And then Wonder Woman calls him the most powerful being she's ever encountered and they don't do a singe thing to prove his stronger that Doomsday or Ares.

Doomsday was leveling city blocks and took a nuke to the face.

Ares was lifting huge chucks of rock up with his mind and summoning lighting from the sky, and could astral project and teleport himself around the world.

What was the strongest thing Steppenwolf did? Not fall unconscious when Superman was beating him?

Edit: She killed him in Wonder Woman: Dead Earth
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-21-2021 at 06:49 AM.