Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    What has Geoff Johns been up to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Talking to lawyers and dodging Ray Fisher's accusations, I expect. That and avoiding being fired by AT and T from his executive position (in which frankly, he's not been good at).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Stargirl is awesome and that's all him. He is also a executive producer in all DC tv show and some are pretty good, so at least thae story that he causes chaos in every project he is involved isn't true, maybe on the movie side.

And he have a new comic from Image, Geiger, with Gary Frank.
    He also contributed to the Infinite Frontier one-shot and writing a Stargirl and Seven Soldiers one-shot.

Wasn't he also attached to the HBOMax GL show? I could be wrong.

Johns has been pretty tight-lipped about the Fisher thing but it doesn't seem like it's effected his position at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He also contributed to the Infinite Frontier one-shot and writing a Stargirl and Seven Soldiers one-shot.

Johns has been pretty tight-lipped about the Fisher thing but it doesn't seem like it's effected his position at all.
    Will Geoff Johns be producing the next big DC movie and getting story by credits? Probably not, but I don't he is going anywhere soon, and he could end up becoming more successful in the small screen than in the movies, he already is actually.

He’s an executive producer on the GL show I believe. He’s also involved with Stargirl and Superman & Lois, he still doing some comic work for DC although his days of writing ongoings seem over. That he’s doing his first creator owned work in ages with Frank at Image instead of doing that “Killing Zone” imprint tells me that his position at WB/DC is nowhere near as strong as it once was and he’s making sure he’s got some IPs he can call his own.

He got punished for JL by losing his CCO position although he was still involved with Aquaman, Shazam, and WW1984 from what I recall. He’s been keeping his mouth shut about the Fisher situation and probably won’t face any more fallout for what happened since Fisher is basically done at WB and has been going after Hamada which has resulted in WB empathetically stating the investigation is over and the ones who messed up have already been punished.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    What has Geoff Johns been up to?
    Too busy with his tv show. Seems like all of DC's heavy hitters barring Bendis have taken a step back. It's doubtful DC would have allowed Johns a third attempt at building up his corner of DC Comics like he did with Brightest Day/Rebirth. For better or for worse, the top writers at DC are now Bendis/Williamson/King.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-20-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s an executive producer on the GL show I believe. He’s also involved with Stargirl and Superman & Lois, he still doing some comic work for DC although his days of writing ongoings seem over. That he’s doing his first creator owned work in ages with Frank at Image instead of doing that “Killing Zone” imprint tells me that his position at WB/DC is nowhere near as strong as it once was and he’s making sure he’s got some IPs he can call his own.

He got punished for JL by losing his CCO position although he was still involved with Aquaman, Shazam, and WW1984 from what I recall. He’s been keeping his mouth shut about the Fisher situation and probably won’t face any more fallout for what happened since Fisher is basically done at WB and has been going after Hamada which has resulted in WB empathetically stating the investigation is over and the ones who messed up have already been punished.
    He's also still listed as a producer on Batwoman.

He's also still listed as a producer on Batwoman.
    Being a producer doesn’t really mean much though. Nolan was a producer in BvS but he had zero input on that film. But Johns and Berlanti are close so where Berlanti goes, Johns is usually not far behind.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/