Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I imagine that is the case. Print media is suffering in the sales for the same reason the music industry is....people choose to download or stream things for free off the net.

It's an interesting idea though....can superhero tv shows and movies continue to be popular by without the existence of comics? I would argue no, you need the roots to keep growing the trees.

From a moral standpoint, I think AT&T should be giving back to DC comics....they are after all, making them a fortune.
    Comics will be necessary to maintain copy right on all these characters and to churn out possible ideas for tv shows and movies. They are basically glorified story boards and a cheap way to gouge the audiences interest and to get the audience acclimated to certain ideas. Marvel Studios wouldn't be doing Falcon Cap or Jane Thor without first testing the idea in the comics themselves. Hopefully DC takes a similar approach.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Comics will be necessary to maintain copy right on all these characters and to churn out possible ideas for tv shows and movies. They are basically glorified story boards and a cheap way to gouge the audiences interest and to get the audience acclimated to certain ideas. Marvel Studios wouldn't be doing Falcon Cap or Jane Thor without first testing the idea in the comics themselves. Hopefully DC takes a similar approach.
    I hope your right, on the surface Disney seems to treat Marvel Comics a whole lot better than AT&T does DC.

I gander that's why the majority of Marvel films have been good from the get go.....DC not so much.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Sucks for me. Why can't good villains (especially attractive female ones) ever stay evil?
    DC has been converting all their most notable female villains lately. Cheetah, Ivy, Harley, Killer Frost (Got rid of Louise for Caitlin), Silver Banshee, Livewire, Talia, and Circe are the only ones I can think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think the fact that even Tomasi is too much for them just shows the dire straits they are in.
    Where is this stuff about Tomasi even coming from? He was probably getting paid less than Tynion.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Where is this stuff about Tomasi even coming from? He was probably getting paid less than Tynion.
    Brad Walker on twitter came forward stating disappointment at how they were never told that they were off Tec until very late. After a new team had been signed.

No mention about Money but I agree that Tynion was likely getting paid more than Tomasi

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Do you guys have any more names to keep up with the plant themed villains/characters? Maybe name like the Farmer?
    Maneater, Fly-trap, Black Rose, Thorn, Drosera, Dr. Greenthumb, Black Swamp,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Do you guys have any more names to keep up with the plant themed villains/characters? Maybe name like the Farmer?
    Do you mean like Farmer Brown from the Batman animated series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Do you mean like Farmer Brown from the Batman animated series?
    That guy is too animal themed. I need more plant themed villains/characters.

If Tynion wants to introduce a new vigilante to Gotham City during the Gardner arc, why not one called . . . Weed Killer!

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Every time I see Tynion's original characters, I always think he's trying to appeal to non-superhero comic book readers. Like, if I wasn't on a Batman thread, I would think she's from a non-superhero comic book. I guess this is the influence manga/Japanese video games have had on the comic book community.

He is lol. He explicitly says in his newsletters he’s bringing in manga influence and is trying to appeal to the people who read manga. Jimenez is also a huge manga/anime fan which is why the two click so well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

What do we think the odds are The Gardener could be getting the October Secret Files issue?

Tynion said in his most recent newsletter he’d digging into some of his new characters throughout Fear State, and after Miracle Molly got the September one, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him do The Gardener in October, exploring her origin and her backstory with Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If Tynion wants to introduce a new vigilante to Gotham City during the Gardner arc, why not one called . . . Weed Killer!
    Whose says he won't?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He is lol. He explicitly says in his newsletters he’s bringing in manga influence and is trying to appeal to the people who read manga. Jimenez is also a huge manga/anime fan which is why the two click so well.
    I see this happen a lot in media and I wonder how well it works for American comics.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm not trying to sound like an old-timer (I'm 25), but wasn't the new Static Shock also marketed as a manga? His design even has a manga-inspired feel to it. I don't know, I feel this trend of manga that happening in comics might turn out to be really stupid. Rather than trying to appeal, why not look at what Japanese publishers are doing right with marketing and storytelling?