Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, but then you'd be stuck with mostly White heroes, which isn't great for diversity.
    Did you not read what I wrote? How would I be mostly stuck with white heroes if I said we can have both them and the older and newer poc heroes adapted? If Steel, Black Lightning, Katana, Blue Beetle, Bumblebee, Cyborg, Vixen, Mister Terrific, Naomi, Amazing Man, and more all got film projects how in what world would that not be great for diversity? Because I want them to have films over racebending other characters I'd be stuck with mostly white heroes? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    See, now this is something else. What do you mean that she's not a "conventional" Supergirl? Because she's not blond? Or just because she's taking the Flashpoint Superman role? And if that's enough of a change for you, what if Babs is changed as well? Then could she not be a redhead? Or what if what we're thinking is the direction they're going with Supergirl is wrong, and it turns out she actually is a very traditional and conventional version, would her not being blond suddenly go back to being a problem?
    (Those are legit questions born out of curiosity, but for some reason everytime I pile on multiple questions in a post it always sounds angry/aggresive, sorry)
    What is making me think she's not conventional Supergirl:

- Dark, short, hair.

- No skirt. Basically wearing a Clark/Jon Kent-esque costume.

- Flashpoint backstory so probably some personality changes compared to how Kara is usually portrayed.

I'm not expecting them to dramatically change Babs that much but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is making me think she's not conventional Supergirl:

- Dark, short, hair.

- No skirt. Basically wearing a Clark/Jon Kent-esque costume.

- Flashpoint backstory so probably some personality changes compared to how Kara is usually portrayed.

I'm not expecting them to dramatically change Babs that much but I could be wrong.
    So 2/3rds of that is just the hair and costume? Then there's a good chance you'll get to view this version of Babs as unconventional too I think...because I think those are changes that are going to be made, although I wouldn't call it dramatically myself.

Ultimate Member

Did you not read what I wrote? How would I be mostly stuck with white heroes if I said we can have both them and the older and newer poc heroes adapted? If Steel, Black Lightning, Katana, Blue Beetle, Bumblebee, Cyborg, Vixen, Mister Terrific, Naomi, Amazing Man, and more all got film projects how in what world would that not be great for diversity? Because I want them to have films over racebending other characters I'd be stuck with mostly white heroes? How does that work?
    My point is, WB will probably not adapt all those characters immediately, so we'll probably be stuck with a lot of White heroes, who, by the way, are overrepresented in comics. At least, that's what I expect at this moment. Theoretically, if all those heroes you listed got movies or shows, that would be great. But Idk if WB wants to do that because those characters aren't as popular. It's not fair or preferable, but I assume that's how it's going.

So 2/3rds of that is just the hair and costume? Then there's a good chance you'll get to view this version of Babs as unconventional too I think...because I think those are changes that are going to be made, although I wouldn't call it dramatically myself.
    I don't think they're going to make her cut her hair as Babs. I guess if they don't go for the hair coming out of the cowl, that would be one thing, although now would probably be the time to do it since the Schumacher movies didn't unless they go for the Sean Murphy design.

I don't think they're going to make her look like a gender-flipped Bruce like Sasha Calle's Supergirl looks like a gender-flip of a male Super.

My point is, WB will probably not adapt all those characters immediately, so we'll probably be stuck with a lot of White heroes, who, by the way, are overrepresented in comics. At least, that's what I expect at this moment. Theoretically, if all those heroes you listed got movies or shows, that would be great. But Idk if WB wants to do that because those characters aren't as popular. It's not fair or preferable, but I assume that's how it's going.
    I agree that they're overrepresented in comics, doesn't mean I should want them to be racebent over adapting Vixen or Katana or Naomi or Blue Beetle. And we don't know who all WB will adapt or in what order or how soon. It's no more or less likely to happen than not. I'm not going to make any assumptions over what's going to happen or how it will all shake out, I just know what I want to see - and what I want is more PoC superheroes getting adapted instead of some white guy in the comics getting adapted into another race just for the movie. I want more Val Zods and fewer black Clark Kents, and for more studios to make movies like Black Panther.

I don't think they're going to make her cut her hair as Babs. I guess if they don't go for the hair coming out of the cowl, that would be one thing, although now would probably be the time to do it since the Schumacher movies didn't unless they go for the Sean Murphy design.

I don't think they're going to make her look like a gender-flipped Bruce like Sasha Calle's Supergirl looks like a gender-flip of a male Super.
    I don't think they're going to look or even think about the Schmacher movie one way or another. And agreed, she's not going to look like a gender flipped Bruce - but I also don't think they're gonna force her to be a redhead either.

Ultimate Member

I agree that they're overrepresented in comics, doesn't mean I should want them to be racebent over adapting Vixen or Katana or Naomi or Blue Beetle. And we don't know who all WB will adapt or in what order or how soon. It's no more or less likely to happen than not. I'm not going to make any assumptions over what's going to happen or how it will all shake out, I just know what I want to see - and what I want is more PoC superheroes getting adapted instead of some white guy in the comics getting adapted into another race just for the movie. I want more Val Zods and fewer black Clark Kents, and for more studios to make movies like Black Panther.
    I never said they should racebend more than adapting PoC heroes. I feel like we're talking in circles here, tbh.

I don't think they're going to look or even think about the Schmacher movie one way or another. And agreed, she's not going to look like a gender flipped Bruce - but I also don't think they're gonna force her to be a redhead either.
    The Schumacher movies should never be referenced! Ever!!

I don't think it's a matter of forcing her to do it. I guess it just depends how they want to capture the Batgirl look (which, yeah, involves red hair).

I never said they should racebend more than adapting PoC heroes. I feel like we're talking in circles here, tbh.
    I know you didn't, was just saying what I hope for.

The Schumacher movies should never be referenced! Ever!!
    Agreed!
    I don't think it's a matter of forcing her to do it. I guess it just depends how they want to capture the Batgirl look (which, yeah, involves red hair).
    Then she won't be a redhead then. If they're not going to force it, I don't see it happening. Yeah, to us the Batgirl look may include the red hair, but so does blond for Supergirl - and I don't think Benoist or Cir-El had anything to do with why she's not blond in Flash either.

Then she won't be a redhead then. If they're not going to force it, I don't see it happening. Yeah, to us the Batgirl look may include the red hair, but so does blond for Supergirl - and I don't think Benoist or Cir-El had anything to do with why she's not blond in Flash either.
    Well, I think it depends on how they plan to approach it from a visual standpoint. They could very well ask her to dye her hair or plan for her to wear a wig like 60's Batgirl, not force her to but at least address it, and I think there are several factors in play for why Supergirl looks so different than the norm in the Flash movie (I think visually hearkening towards Cir-El at least had something to do with it).

Well, I think it depends on how they plan to approach it from a visual standpoint. They could very well ask her to dye her hair or plan for her to wear a wig like 60's Batgirl, not force her to but at least address it, and I think there are several factors in play for why Supergirl looks so different than the norm in the Flash movie (I think visually hearkening towards Cir-El at least had something to do with it).
    I really just don't think it's going to happen. But hope springs eternal.

I really just don't think it's going to happen. But hope springs eternal.
    Zatanna would be awesome! Hopefully it's successful and results in another Zatanna comic run.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Zatanna would be awesome! Hopefully it's successful and results in another Zatanna comic run.
    Eh, comic runs are fine but I'd rather some sort of evergreen graphic novel or mini, some story to stand the test of time like The Dark Knight Returns or All Star Superman. Would be really cool if Zatanna had a big story of that caliber.

Eh, comic runs are fine but I'd rather some sort of evergreen graphic novel or mini, some story to stand the test of time like The Dark Knight Returns or All Star Superman. Would be really cool if Zatanna had a big story of that caliber.
    We can get those too, but an ongoing Zatanna comic that's not Justice League Dark related would be nice.

We can get those too, but an ongoing Zatanna comic that's not Justice League Dark related would be nice.
    We can get that too, but a graphic novel or prestige mini would be nice.