Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Is the Zantana show being made by JJs team? And being connected to Constatine and Justice League Dark they are doing? If so wouldn't be surprised if a Etrigan or Swamp Thing show get announced. Though Deadman or even Dr Fate if they bring him in seem more likely. Not all the members need they're own show but I bet it's more then just those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is the Zantana show being made by JJs team? And being connected to Constatine and Justice League Dark they are doing? If so wouldn't be surprised if a Etrigan or Swamp Thing show get announced. Though Deadman or even Dr Fate if they bring him in seem more likely. Not all the members need they're own show but I bet it's more then just those two.
    Yeah, I believe it's tied to the JLD project.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I believe it's tied to the JLD project.
    Cool I'm excited to see this JLD universe they are building. Also curious to see if any Canon characters would appear. Like Wonder Woman make a cameo or something that on the shows or film etc.. Ot if it's just gonna be it's own thing 100%

Ultimate Member

Is this connected to the DCEU in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is this connected to the DCEU in any way?
    Probably but what DCEU is the real question? DCEU earth 1 DCEU earth 2 SCDCEU?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Honestly at this point I have no idea. Maybe Flash will clear that up

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    While some fans hate this, I love this new multiverse approach. Ideally they'll do their desired attempts-to-catch-up-to-the-MCU action comedies on Earth 1, save Earth 2 for only The Batman trilogy and that GCPD show, and do more films like JOKER and others on different earths. Give everyone what they want. There's room for both the lighter-hearted more comedic films and the darker more serious films to exist.

Sadly knowing WB they'll probably screw it up somehow...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While some fans hate this, I love this new multiverse approach. Ideally they'll do their desired attempts-to-catch-up-to-the-MCU action comedies on Earth 1, save Earth 2 for only The Batman trilogy and that GCPD show, and do more films like JOKER and others on different earths. Give everyone what they want. There's room for both the lighter-hearted more comedic films and the darker more serious films to exist.

Sadly knowing WB they'll probably screw it up somehow...
    I hope DC knows what they're doing now!

I hope DC knows what they're doing now!
    Well, The Suicide Squad trailers and The Batman teaser trailer all looks great (my personal opinion), although The Flash looks like it'll be a bloated mess with too many characters, so...50/50? It's probably going to remain a hit or miss crapshoot for a while. Here's hoping more hits than misses this go around. At least with six movies a year (4 theatricals and 2 for HBO Max) there's more chances for one of them to be great. Right now I'm just staying hyped for The Batman, keeping my fingers crossed they announce a JOKER 2, and maintaining a wait and see approach for all their currently planned but not filmed titles.

Ultimate Member

I don't know if I want a Joker 2. I'm not as into the whole villain without hero concept.

The Flash could be a mess, but I'm interested in seeing him possibly jump between timelines. It's an interesting concept we haven't seen much of in superhero movies yet. I was hoping Wally West could make an appearance,

I don't know if I want a Joker 2. I'm not as into the whole villain without hero concept.

The Flash could be a mess, but I'm interested in seeing him possibly jump between timelines. It's an interesting concept we haven't seen much of in superhero movies yet. I was hoping Wally West could make an appearance,
    Eh, I don't care one way or the other about the concept, just as long as it's done in a way that I enjoy it. I enjoyed Joker, so I'd like a sequel. And who knows, by Joker 3 they could have a grown up Bruce Wayne become Batman.

I'm worried about the jumping timelines aspect. After how odd they did time travel in Endgame (so, it creates another universe every time you go back in time, except for when Steve wants to grow old with Peggy...what?) I'm iffy on timetravel superhero stories. At least the comic just kind of showed us only the one altered timeline. Don't know how the movie will handle it...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I don't care one way or the other about the concept, just as long as it's done in a way that I enjoy it. I enjoyed Joker, so I'd like a sequel. And who knows, by Joker 3 they could have a grown up Bruce Wayne become Batman.

I'm worried about the jumping timelines aspect. After how odd they did time travel in Endgame (so, it creates another universe every time you go back in time, except for when Steve wants to grow old with Peggy...what?) I'm iffy on timetravel superhero stories. At least the comic just kind of showed us only the one altered timeline. Don't know how the movie will handle it...
    My problem with Joker is it's set in the past, and I can only be so interested in prequels. As for villain movies, I was saying elsewhere if they can make villain movies without heroes, why can't they do the reverse? So many heroes haven't got their chance to shine, so I'd prefer if DCEU devoted its resources to heroes.

As for Flash, I like the branching timeline theory. IMO the only problem with Steve in EG was they didn't explain him returning from an alternate timeline. If the Flash writers do their job and are careful, they can make a consistent time travel/alternate timeline theory. Of course, the question remains whether the writers are up to that task

My problem with Joker is it's set in the past, and I can only be so interested in prequels. As for villain movies, I was saying elsewhere if they can make villain movies without heroes, why can't they do the reverse? So many heroes haven't got their chance to shine, so I'd prefer if DCEU devoted its resources to heroes.
    It's not a Batman prequel film though, it's a Joker origin movie. Even if they get to a sequel with Batman, it'd still be set somewhere in the past (I think JOKER was early 80s, so 90s maybe?). As for that last part, I just disagree with that sort of thinking entirely - resources are finite so if they do this one thing I'll miss out on some other thing. They're aiming to get to 6 movies a year, I don't think we'll be in such a drought of resources we need to start hoping certain movies don't get made because we fear we might miss out on some theoretical other movie.

Edit: I get not just having any interest in a film yourself personally, but the idea that films shouldn't get made because of that and trying to justify it by saying "They should spend that money to make another film" as if we're all missing out on some hypothetical film that could've been made to justify it instead...I don't know, it feels too much like "films I don't like shouldn't be made" pettiness to me, even if it isn't meant as such.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 04-03-2021 at 12:09 PM.