Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's not a Batman prequel film though, it's a Joker origin movie. Even if they get to a sequel with Batman, it'd still be set somewhere in the past (I think JOKER was early 80s, so 90s maybe?). As for that last part, I just disagree with that sort of thinking entirely - resources are finite so if they do this one thing I'll miss out on some other thing. They're aiming to get to 6 movies a year, I don't think we'll be in such a drought of resources we need to start hoping certain movies don't get made because we fear we might miss out on some theoretical other movie.

Edit: I get not just having any interest in a film yourself personally, but the idea that films shouldn't get made because of that and trying to justify it by saying "They should spend that money to make another film" as if we're all missing out on some hypothetical film that could've been made to justify it instead...I don't know, it feels too much like "films I don't like shouldn't be made" pettiness to me, even if it isn't meant as such.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as petty. Ideally I'd like all these movies to be made, even if I don't like or care for them. It's more that I don't totally trust the DCEU right now considering WB has a mixed record and just cancelled a few projects from what I've heard.

As for Joker, I feel he works best going up against Batman, so idk if I want to see another movie with him but no Batman. I'm not really sure why DC seems to be so interested in villains for the DCEU

https://screenrant.com/batgirl-movie...se-dc-details/

Wow I didn't think this would happen.

Ultimate Member

Good news, right?

HBO isn't afraid to spend money. Also supposedly Discovery is gonna give them more money then they were gonna get prior for originals. So I don't see this as being bad. It could be but it could also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    HBO isn't afraid to spend money. Also supposedly Discovery is gonna give them more money then they were gonna get prior for originals. So I don't see this as being bad. It could be but it could also be great.
    Considering the merger hasn't been officially announced just yet I think, where's this bit coming from?

I don't disagree per se...

Ultimate Member

Firefly? That's not who I expected. I thought it might be Poison Ivy or even Ventriloquist

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Firefly? That's not who I expected. I thought it might be Poison Ivy or even Ventriloquist
    I was expecting Killer Moth.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Wasn't he something until Batgirl defeated him?

Scarecrow could also work. Or Harley Quinn in another timeline

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will eat my hat if its KM but I will be happy while I do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Wasn't he something until Batgirl defeated him?

Scarecrow could also work. Or Harley Quinn in another timeline
    He was the first villain Batgirl ever fought.