Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mutant precogs

Fantastic Member

Default mutant precogs

How many mutant precognitives are there? I'm not talking characters with a danger sense (like Rogue). I'm talking full blown precognition.

The only ones I can think of are Destiny, Blindfold, and Franklin Richards (while he was with Power Pack).

Can anybody name any others?

I always thought of Tarot as a precog but...she has been resurrected so... was she dead for starters?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

IIRC, there was a woman called QWERTY...
    My flag is bacon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    How many mutant precognitives are there? I'm not talking characters with a danger sense (like Rogue). I'm talking full blown precognition.

The only ones I can think of are Destiny, Blindfold, and Franklin Richards (while he was with Power Pack).

Can anybody name any others?
    At the school the same time as Blindfold, there was Preview/Jessica Vale, sister to Network/Sarah Vale (who was a technopath). She was said to only be able to see a few minutes into the future, usually. I think they both lost their powers on M-Day, and got put on the bus to 'splosion-ville. Presumably Sarah could get resurrected on Krakoa and wonder why the hell her sister isn't being resurrected. (Or Xavier might tweak it so that Sarah gets bumped way down the list, for that very reason, so that she isn't alive to ask that inconvenient question...)

There was also Negasonic Teenage Warhead (who, in the comics, was a precog, not the Cannonball-expy from the Deadpool movies). She died in Genosha, but was mysteriously alive again a few years ago, long before this Krakoa business (but after the 1st Deadpool movie raised her profile).

Psylocke was *said* to be a precog once, but I never saw it. It seems to have made even less of a lasting impression than her shadow-teleportation powers from the Crimson Dawn or whatever it was.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-13-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

Layla miller

Madame Webb
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Layla miller
    Layla's actual mutant power is resurrection (others not herself). Her "I know stuff" schtick isn't precognition, it's from her future self downloading information (she learned from spending time in the future) into her younger self, so not from an actual power-set - and it seems like the island nation of Krakoa didn't exist in the future reality she's drawing her knowledge from.

Astonishing Member

I think Tarot is different because she has to ask about something in particular to get information about the future. Destiny could see the future all the time

Gateway is supposed to be omniscient, so he would effectively be precognitive, but everyone seems to forget about that. He'd have seen what Moira was up to by now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

also folks who are psychometric should be included with the precognitive folks.. Adrienne Frost and Hindsight could easily discover Ms. Moira on the island with one touch.

Didn't Betsy have premonitions also?

Qwerty. Rest in power.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    IIRC, there was a woman called QWERTY...
    A retconned in Morlock depowered at M-Day, who could see the future but lacked the secondary ability to filter or stop said visions, driving her mad and making her spout gibberish about what she sees, which some Morlocks actualy recorded and currated. Said recording (a book) eventualy fell into Magneto's hands after he used a lobotomized Celestial to regain his powers. The book and the fact that Magneto has read it was never mentioned again.

Though it would be interesting if said book or the possibility that certian Morlocks actualy remember some of her predicts could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Layla's actual mutant power is resurrection (others not herself). Her "I know stuff" schtick isn't precognition, it's from her future self downloading information (she learned from spending time in the future) into her younger self, so not from an actual power-set - and it seems like the island nation of Krakoa didn't exist in the future reality she's drawing her knowledge from.
    Resurrection which involves destroying a person's empathy and moral compass, from what i recall. Basicly turning those she brings back into psychopaths. Which was part of the reason why Strong Guy became the King of Hell and willing to kill Wolfsbane's son.

The entire point of implanting the knowledge into her younger self was prevent an alternate version of Bishop's future from happening, which she pretty much did. Reaching the end point of being able to know what will happen.

It's kind of a nasty time loop. Basicly an older version of her jumps back in time and injects her younger self with nano machines, implanting informations into her brain, which the younger self will then act upon in the exact behaviour her older self wants (because it's what she has lived through).
    Essentialy being manipulated into becomming a different person than she would have been if she grew up normaly, which will ultimately cause her to jump into a horrible future where she will spend 10 years growing up and gaining informations, which she will then put into her younger self via a time jump, in order to start the loop all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Didn't Betsy have premonitions also.
    I think she did sometimes. Though i think Gambit could for a short while also see the future in cards. So it seems writers like to give certain X-men these abilities and then everyone else just forgets about them. Also Maggot was first introduced being able to read psychometric.

Amazing Member

Larry Trask and Preacher are both mutant precogs

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    also folks who are psychometric should be included with the precognitive folks.. Adrienne Frost and Hindsight could easily discover Ms. Moira on the island with one touch.
    Oh, there's a bunch of people with powers other than precognition that could be problems, like Gamesmaster, a mutant whose version of telepathy is that he's connected to a universal group consciousness, and knows everything that everyone else knows. So, if *Moira* knows about Moira, Gamesmaster knows about Moira. If Charles and Erik also know about Moira, then, again, Gamesmaster knows all that they do. We know from his previous appearance that Charles wasn't able to block him (or even aware that Gamesmaster knew everything he did), so Magneto has zero chance...

As for Psychometry, there's Longshot and a student named Contact / Frida something, from the Morrison years, that I can remember right off the top of my head.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh, there's a bunch of people with powers other than precognition that could be problems, like Gamesmaster, a mutant whose version of telepathy is that he's connected to a universal group consciousness, and knows everything that everyone else knows. So, if *Moira* knows about Moira, Gamesmaster knows about Moira. If Charles and Erik also know about Moira, then, again, Gamesmaster knows all that they do. We know from his previous appearance that Charles wasn't able to block him (or even aware that Gamesmaster knew everything he did), so Magneto has zero chance...

As for Psychometry, there's Longshot and a student named Contact / Frida something, from the Morrison years, that I can remember right off the top of my head.
    Here's the problem: wouldn't someone of reasonable intelligence piece together that Krakoa is not resurrecting precogs? You don't need to be Beast-smart or even Kitty-smart to figure this one out? You just need to be paying attention.