Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mutant precogs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Gateway is supposed to be omniscient, so he would effectively be precognitive, but everyone seems to forget about that. He'd have seen what Moira was up to by now.
    Yeah, but who is he going to tell?

I remembered Quiet Bill from Carey's delectable Blinded by the Light arc.

He was also killed.

I was just mindblown rn that Hickman is having no precogs rule in his X opus while Carey also did it for Messiah Complex. Funny how much Hickie is influenced by Carey <3

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Here's the problem: wouldn't someone of reasonable intelligence piece together that Krakoa is not resurrecting precogs? You don't need to be Beast-smart or even Kitty-smart to figure this one out? You just need to be paying attention.
    Yeah, and with various characters like Sarah Vale and Mystique having close relationships to precogs like Jessica Vale and Destiny only makes it even more curious that it hasn't been brought up. (Although, as I said, Sarah Vale might also have been bumped down the resurrection queue for that exact reason, so she can't be around to question why she was brought back and not her sister...)

Emma, IIRC, was fond of Negasonic, so might note her absence, as well. Nobody on X-island is likely to question why Madame Web isn't around though, I don't think anyone actually knew her, from the X-side of the Marvelverse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Here's the problem: wouldn't someone of reasonable intelligence piece together that Krakoa is not resurrecting precogs? You don't need to be Beast-smart or even Kitty-smart to figure this one out? You just need to be paying attention.
    To be fair, the heros are for most part acting as if they are on auto pilot at the moment, having seemingly accepted everything as fine, acceptable, right and as it should be off pannel before the start of HoX/PoX. At best they show some mild criticism of parts, but nobody questions if the whole right, how it came to be or where it's going?
    Nope everything's fine, death doesn't matter (even though they are mass cloned constantly and die like flies all of a sudden) and Xavier and Magneto know what they are doing (Xavier is still the defacto singular ruler with Magneto as his second, since he holds the keys to the kingdom so to speak), even though nobody knows what their plan is.

Even Cyclops and Jean defying orders and reforming the X-men is not so much a rebellion and more acting according to Xavier's plan and will if his inofficial reaction is anything to go by.

So no surprise nobody questions why precogs even recently deceased friends are not brought back or even on the list, because they are seemingly incapable of questioning anything seriously at the moment.

Though the big question for us readers is what ever this is just the writing team not considering it of any importance to show these characters thinking and acting like people would, or if it's part of the narrative down the line?

Fantastic Member

No precogs rule seems pointless to me. Precogs don't need to be on Krakoa to see its future. Moreover, Krakoa was apparently planed long in advance by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. So, powerful precogs like Destiny - who could see events decades before they actually happen - would have known about it long ago. Same goes for powerful telepaths like Jean and Emma - both of them were in Xavier's memories before, so they should have learned about Krakoa and Moira long ago.

As for other mutant precogs - Nate Grey (X-Man) is one as well. Thought he is now in another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    No precogs rule seems pointless to me. Precogs don't need to be on Krakoa to see its future. Moreover, Krakoa was apparently planed long in advance by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. So, powerful precogs like Destiny - who could see events decades before they actually happen - would have known about it long ago. Same goes for powerful telepaths like Jean and Emma - both of them were in Xavier's memories before, so they should have learned about Krakoa and Moira long ago.

As for other mutant precogs - Nate Grey (X-Man) is one as well. Thought he is now in another dimension.
    I agree… hard to keep anything secret with such powers. If you scratch the surface, it doesn’t make any sense.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Yeah, but who is he going to tell?
    He can speak when he wants to. Eden just mentioned this in SWORD recently.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He can speak when he wants to. Eden just mentioned this in SWORD recently.
    Yep. I think Gateway has spoken to Jubilee twice.

Plus he spoke in AOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post

Maybe Xavier encrypted his memories, so Jean and Emma wouldn't be able to understand it.