Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yikes, angry Romulans with a vampire space monkey!

I always loved how her power was always relatively sane, form of a gorilla or an eagle or something, and his occasionally got ridiculous like shape of a tidal wave or a thunderstorm throwing lightning bolts at people or something. Yeesh!

The comics utilized Zan's power better, there weren't any of those strange changes like "an ice unicycle" or "ice slingshot" or odd things like that.

I just found this online, a story about when comics were "extreme" and they talk about Extreme Justice and the booted-up versions of Zan and Jayna.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-and-ma...-were-extreme/

hopefully they can come back in another mini series, or an ongoing preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully they can come back in another mini series, or an ongoing preferably.
    At this point, I'd just be happy seeing them make appearances in other books, but yes, another mini or maxi would be great.

Given that they're interns at the Hall of Justice, I keep hoping for occasional appearances in JLA. I'm not saying they should be full-fledged members, but maybe be involved somehow. After all, Superman is the one who got them to Earth, and they do have experience working with Naomi, who is in JLA now.

Funko Reveals Huge Assortment of New Funko Soda Vinyl Figures

Posted on June 18, 2021 by Tyler Roberts

New limited edition Funko Soda Vinyl figures are on the way as Funko reveals a huge assortment of new characters. Funko Soda continues to stay strong in the collecting world mainly due to the sizes and the ability of Chase variants. These Soda Vinyls bring everyone's love for Saturday Morning Cartoons with these unique figures. Nine new characters are on their way spanning the universe far and wide, from DC Comics legends like The Wonder Twins and Mickey Mouse and popular villains like Baxter Stockman. This wave of Sodas varies in size between 15,000 to 7,500 this time around, which is not bad at all as most stores like Box Lunch and Hot Topic get 2-5. Here is a list of the entire upcoming release of the new Funko Soda with who, edition size, and what the Chase variant is.

https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...vinyl-figures/

After wondering when we would see them again, Zan & Jayna turn up in a cameo in JLA #64.

Newest JLA member Naomi is going through a training course. Her adoptive parents show up, and it's the Wonder Twins who greet them and take them to Naomi.

Of course, Bendis using his own continuity there. The Wonder Twins are indeed Naomi's friends, they were on Young Justice together.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ok, so the Wonder Twins are in JLA #65 as well, and this time they actually used their powers, but I don't get it.

LOL

Zan did the bucket of water thing - I guess a nod to the cartoon, and I guess it strengthened Aquaman, but I don't see that Jayna actually did anything after she transformed.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

At least they're being used.

Last edited by CellarDweller; 07-20-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Aquaman got splashed with a bucket to power up...okay.

Also, Jayna can transform into actual animal people? So, like, she could become Congorilla or Detective Chimp?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aquaman got splashed with a bucket to power up...okay.

Also, Jayna can transform into actual animal people? So, like, she could become Congorilla or Detective Chimp?

Jayna has the ability to take on any animal form, so that would include what you've suggested above.

In the cartoon, Jayna has transformed herself into aliens. In both the cartoon and original Super Friends comic, Jayna could transform herself into mythical beasts. She's been a Roc, a Pegasus, and a Griffin.

They also had secret identities in that comic run, where they were Swedish exchange students with blonde hair. Zan would use a spray on dye, but for Jayna, they would activate their powers, and Jayna would say "form of a blonde" and she was blonde.

What I always found interesting about Zan was that he does water and metal at the same time.

That could be a deadly combo if he used it right.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Their cameo in JL #65 was actually pretty funny. I wasn't expecting them to get any focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Their cameo in JL #65 was actually pretty funny. I wasn't expecting them to get any focus.

I thought it was funny too, and like you, didn't expect them to get any focus. I'm hoping we see more of them there, in a small capacity. I don't think they should be official members, but I would like to see more of them being trained for battle, perhaps along side Naomi.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    What I always found interesting about Zan was that he does water and metal at the same time.

That could be a deadly combo if he used it right.
    so that's canon, now? You don't have to have a bucket handy? lol... what if the metal part gets lost? is it his "costume" and his body is the water? Or... ????