Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No the whole thing about Superman identity make sense. To the average people Superman feels distant as someone who's good and powerful but alien and unknown. Knowing that he walks among us as a humble reporter, working a day job like the average person, gives a sense of familiarity, and now that he doesn't have a secret identity, people can say he's the real deal. He has nothing to hide.

Green Arrow would get that because as a billionaire, from the point of view of average people, he feels distant as well.
    I don't think it really tracks with how Superman was depicted with civilians pre-Bendis outing though. Within his own run, in fact.

But I guess it gets into why Bendis is so keen to do away with secret identities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I can already tell I'm gonna have to remove myself from any fandom discourse regarding this book.
    Yeah. Sadly, Bendis' Hatedom have consistently shown throughout his comic book career that they are loud and will hinder and hamper in even-toned or positive discourse within fandom. And going off some of the posts here, can do so very silly and/or petty reasons.

It means that no matter how much you enjoy his work or how much you just want to have an actual discussion about it, you can't. Because the Hatedom won't let you. (Unless you consider talking alone to yourself as "holding a discussion".)

Meh, I'm only interested in the JLD back up. I'll flip through the main JL story for the pretty art.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I can already tell I'm gonna have to remove myself from any fandom discourse regarding this book.
    Yeah, I feel the same sadly. Well, at elast the Naomi's thread should be great !

No the whole thing about Superman identity make sense. To the average people Superman feels distant as someone who's good and powerful but alien and unknown. Knowing that he walks among us as a humble reporter, working a day job like the average person, gives a sense of familiarity, and now that he doesn't have a secret identity, people can say he's the real deal. He has nothing to hide.
    This reminds me of some rich politician giving talks about how he once was poor or that he shops at regular supermarket. Fake.

Any reason why there's a GL logo in that pic when no Lanterns are currently expected to be in this line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Any reason why there's a GL logo in that pic when no Lanterns are currently expected to be in this line-up.
    There's also a Hawkman one. Seems to be a collection of logos from some of the League's most famous members, not necessarily from this iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    There's also a Hawkman one. Seems to be a collection of logos from some of the League's most famous members, not necessarily from this iteration.
    Isn't that meant to be the Hawkgirl logo. Would make sense considering Black Canary's logo is there too and she is in the book. Yet Black Adam's logo isn't and while there's a GL logo. It's confusing.

I mean Bendis did say recently he has a green lantern arc planned so I assume it has to do with whichever Lantern/Lanterns appear in that arc.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it really tracks with how Superman was depicted with civilians pre-Bendis outing though. Within his own run, in fact.

But I guess it gets into why Bendis is so keen to do away with secret identities.
    The one he interacts with yes, but he can't possibly interact with every single person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This reminds me of some rich politician giving talks about how he once was poor or that he shops at regular supermarket. Fake.
    Hmmm... half. Half would think it's fake, the other half will buy it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, I feel the same sadly. Well, at elast the Naomi's thread should be great !
    That's about the only general contemporary exception, outside a few situational examples of exceptions every now and again.

(And even then, I get the feeling that's largely due to a downplaying of Bendis' contributions on the run and character of Naomi. All of the flowers due David F. Walker, but I'm pretty keenly aware of the lack of the deserved praise he should have gotten for his other works, including his Marvel runs (Power Man and Iron Fist, Nighthawk, and Occupy Avengers being 3 that comes to my mind right away). Even Walker's praise for Cyborg feels comparatively situational, and I cannot help questioning how much functional overlap between the readers and fans of Walker's Cyborg run and Naomi.)

Isn't that meant to be the Hawkgirl logo. Would make sense considering Black Canary's logo is there too and she is in the book. Yet Black Adam's logo isn't and while there's a GL logo. It's confusing.
    Hawkman and Hawkgirl have the same logo (just like how Superman, Supergirl and the two Superboys all have the same logo), and in this case, it would represent Hawkgirl, yes.

Green Lantern's logo isn't the only one out of place. Flash isn't on the team either (Barry apparently does appear in the first issue, but that's probably just before he leaves for Justice Incarnate).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The alien threat's terrible dialog aside, I'll check this out.

And I don't mind Bendis having Clark reveal his secret identity to the world, since you know somebody is going to put that back in the box at some point, a la Spider-Man in Civil War. I do hate this sudden movement of thinking secret identities are outdated or some form of dishonesty. It's what's led to nearly every damn CW show having a storyline about someone whining they were "lied to" because the hero didn't reveal their identities to them. People lie every damn day, grow up and move on.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, and Hawkgirl, I presume.

I don't know the lore, but Isis will appear in Black Adam movie so I guess that's your answer

At first I thought that demon is the one he torched in Infinite Frontier #0 but now I remember that one happened in Egypt, and this one grace the cover so yeah not very inspiring

so the only book that hasn't been announced yet in that variant is Shazam, hopefully we learn something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Bendis did say recently he has a green lantern arc planned so I assume it has to do with whichever Lantern/Lanterns appear in that arc.
    I'm guessing the arc would focus on John and Teen Lantern.