Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so the only book that hasn't been announced yet in that variant is Shazam, hopefully we learn something soon.
    Shazam is on the Teen Titans Academy lineup, however Clayton Henry has been doing some Shazam art on Twitter so something must be being planned.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder if Billy will turn up in Justice League to make sure to keep Black Adam honest, like he did in the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/justic...ue-59-preview/

The moment I saw this I need to post it

What. The hell. Is this monstrosity.
    Instead of telling the reader with a super drab opening page, why doesn't he start by showing that citizens find Superman more relatable...

Also "we're all the way up there all the time", what is this dialogue, whyyyyy.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-14-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Bendis did say recently he has a green lantern arc planned so I assume it has to do with whichever Lantern/Lanterns appear in that arc.
    Yeah, he’s said that virtually any character could show up over time, which has me concerned about Green Arrow and Black Canary. To me the idea of them as core members again has been the most exciting aspect of this run, but when the roster has been listed in solicits, Bendis interviews, promotions etc. GA and BC are never included. It makes me worry that they’re only featured in an arc, like a GL will be.

Also, in that first dialogue I’m pretty sure he’s talking to BC, partly because I think that bird-like icon is hers, and partly because they talk to each other more than anyone else.

Mostly, regardless of how I feel about Bendis, I really want GA/BC back on the core roster as they were for so, so long in the first iteration of JLA. They were featured so heavily for so long during that run that I’m guessing they were in more issues than almost any other member then. If they’re only featured in the first arc I’ll be sorely disappointed.

Re: the icons, as others have said, the Hawks share one symbol so I think the one on the left is Hawkgirl and the one on the right is BC. GA’s arrow symbol is there so it makes more sense to me that BC would be represented than that Hawkman would. He was a huge presence in the Satellite years but, apart from Venditti’s short run and Savage Hawkman which were both commercial failures, even though Venditti’s short run was very good, he really hasn’t been around at all since Geoff Johns’ JSA nearly 20 years ago. Meanwhile, Hawkgirl has completely replaced him and BC has become a much bigger presence all over the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Yeah, he’s said that virtually any character could show up over time, which has me concerned about Green Arrow and Black Canary. To me the idea of them as core members again has been the most exciting aspect of this run, but when the roster has been listed in solicits, Bendis interviews, promotions etc. GA and BC are never included. It makes me worry that they’re only featured in an arc, like a GL will be.

Also, in that first dialogue I’m pretty sure he’s talking to BC, partly because I think that bird-like icon is hers, and partly because they talk to each other more than anyone else.

Mostly, regardless of how I feel about Bendis, I really want GA/BC back on the core roster as they were for so, so long in the first iteration of JLA. They were featured so heavily for so long during that run that I’m guessing they were in more issues than almost any other member then. If they’re only featured in the first arc I’ll be sorely disappointed.
    I don’t know I’ve read enough solicitations so far to know that Green Arrow is leading the Justice League in Bendis’ run, so I don’t think he or Black Canary are going anywhere....unless of course Bendis’ Checkmate miniseries has a negative impact on Ollie’s place on the team.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Just google searched symbols associated with Hawkgirl and Black Canary. I can now report that the bird symbol on the right, opposite the Hawk icon, is indeed Black Canary’s and that’s the same symbol in the dialogue box. GA is definitely talking to BC, not Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don’t know I’ve read enough solicitations so far to know that Green Arrow is leading the Justice League in Bendis’ run, so I don’t think he or Black Canary are going anywhere....unless of course Bendis’ Checkmate miniseries has a negative impact on Ollie’s place on the team.
    I hope you’re right and I’d forgotten the leadership thing, which very much indicates that you are right. Thanks for assuaging my fears.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/justic...ue-59-preview/

The moment I saw this I need to post it

What. The hell. Is this monstrosity.
    Who does the bottom logo belong to? Not the hawks but the one underneath Wonder Woman’s?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Who does the bottom logo belong to? Not the hawks but the one underneath Wonder Woman’s?
    Green Arrow.

Typical Bendis dialogue, not surprised here.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

At this point I think everyone is aware of how Bendis writes dialogue and if they can like it or not. I like it when it works for certain characters, but sometimes it doesn't. I don't think he's usually good on team books like this, but I'll hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I can already tell I'm gonna have to remove myself from any fandom discourse regarding this book.
    Looks like it's gonna be that way for me too
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I don't want to dislike anything, and I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, it just that opening page is just...so boring.

He should have just skipped it and opened with Black Adam, that was a way better intro to the book.

I'll still probably buy it, if for no other reason than to read JL Dark.

I'm probably missing something here but while the logos all mashed together is ugly, yes, I'm not particularly seeing what's so egregious about the the rest.