Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not surprised you didn't recognise Green Arrow's symbol. It's usually pointing left, not down, the line in the middle actually makes the arrowhead look like a G.
    I get why they designed it like that with what they were trying to do with the logos but it’s definitely a hard emblem to identify

They really gotta give Adam his pointy ears and golden skin back, he just looks like Billy with a black costume. My only other gripes were Aquamans voice and the panel where Barry looked EXACTLY like Wally.

Outside of that I really enjoyed both issues with JLD coming out on top. I wanna see what Naomi brings to the table in future issues. I also want to see how far Bendis takes the "general public getting to know us" angle.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Wally is the JL flash now I’m pretty sure atleast he is. I think Barry is going off with the JLI Justice League Incarnate and we’ll probably/possibly get stories with them as a backup similar to how we got a JLD Justice League Dark one in this story

I wish it was Wally but they called Barry by name.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I really liked this issue. This really felt like the Justice League to me. More than any book in years. I know there are a lot of Bendis haters on this board but I love most of his Marvel work. I admit up until now his DC stuff has been meh. Hoping this is the book he shines. Really good character moments, fun villain and cool to see Black Adam interact with the JL. Only thing that bugged me a little is Arthur’s voice sounded more like movie Arthur at times. Otherwise I’m on board!

P.S. I like the Bendis decompression. Give me more character moments and interesting dialogue more than tons of action all the time. One of my favorite Spider-Man comics ever is from Ultimate Spider-Man. Whole issue takes place in Peters room when he tells MJ he’s SM.
    Last edited by Hol; 03-16-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I really liked this issue. This really felt like the Justice League to me. More than any book in years. I know there are a lot of Bendis haters on this board but I love most of his Marvel work. I admit up until now his DC stuff has been meh. Hoping this is the book he shines. Really good character moments, fun villain and cool to see Black Adam interact with the JL. Only thing that bugged me a little is Arthur’s voice sounded more like movie Arthur at times. Otherwise I’m on board!

P.S. I like the Bendis decompression. Give me more character moments and interesting dialogue more than tons of action all the time. One of my favorite Spider-Man comics ever is from Ultimate Spider-Man. Whole issue takes place in Peters room when he tells MJ he’s SM.
    I basically read him in Maomas voice because that's what he reminded me of. All that was missing was the dark hair.
    Last edited by 9th.; 03-16-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Incredible Member

I think the Bendis detractors would disagree that he provides "interesting dialogue and good "character moments", though. The complaint about decompressions is almost a critique of his dialogue. The detractors don't want action and "things happening" just for the sake those things, or because Bendis writes good action and plot; they just don't want to see more Bendis-speak.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No the whole thing about Superman identity make sense. To the average people Superman feels distant as someone who's good and powerful but alien and unknown. Knowing that he walks among us as a humble reporter, working a day job like the average person, gives a sense of familiarity, and now that he doesn't have a secret identity, people can say he's the real deal. He has nothing to hide.

Green Arrow would get that because as a billionaire, from the point of view of average people, he feels distant as well.
    You get to know the unknown by facing,Not by hiding it.Agreed.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I think the Bendis detractors would disagree that he provides "interesting dialogue and good "character moments", though. The complaint about decompressions is almost a critique of his dialogue. The detractors don't want action and "things happening" just for the sake those things, or because Bendis writes good action and plot; they just don't want to see more Bendis-speak.
    Well then they should be specific to his dialogue (Bendis speak) because that’s something different than decompression.

But that’s another topic. Like most writers he doesn’t always get it spot on but I’d say his Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man , All New X-men were pretty perfect with respects to dialogue and character moments. And his Avengers has some great issues too.
    Last edited by Hol; 03-16-2021 at 09:18 PM.

I think there's good decompression and bad decompression. And that's usually what makes or breaks a Bendis book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Let the decompression commence!

Yeah, I think I'll trade wait this one because that's clearly what it's being paced for.
    Wait, for the trade?! This is Bendis book. You are going to have to wait for the OMNIBUS!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I really liked this issue. I was very tired of the same Justice League lineup so I’m happy to see some different characters on the roster. Aquaman came off a bit more like Momoa’s take on the character than the more serious monarch Arthur we usually see. Obviously Ollie is a perfect Bendis character as he’s always been that smartass who talks in “Bendis-speak” since the 70s. The villain is ok. A power absorber is a good threat for the Justice League. Someone they can’t fight head on. I’m not a fan of Hyppolyta on the team. Basically just Wonder Woman with less power and personality. Hopefully her interaction with Black Adam is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    This is my first exposure to Naomi in the comic pages that McDuffie name was interesting to me. Her parents being brought into question as Adam shows up to talk to her is interesting.
    Naomi is adopted, so the McDuffie name doesn't originate from her home world. In real life, she's named after Dwayne McDuffie, Static's deceased creator. So the name is just a meta reference and not really important to her story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Justice League and I find it boring as often happens to me.
    A change in the roster is needed but I don't like Bendis using his puppy character, even though I like Naomi.
    The new big threat from another Universe never seen before is boring too.
    I don't care about JL Dark cause magic will never be my cup of tea.
    I think I'll drop it, maybe I'll get trade if opinions will turn encouraging.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Boring and generic with big, powerful looking, adult heroes and villains talking like high school teens. Typical Bendis.

Really tempted to drop this. Especially after Barry being in this instead of Wally despite what was said in IF.

But JLD is pretty good and the art is also decent so I'll give it another issue or so.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake