Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Poison Ivy isn't a villain

She's a eco terrorist
    I mean is caring about the environment supposed to be evil now?
    Honorable mention goes to the Harley Quinn show for finally making me understand this message

Got it, not a villain but a terrorist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    She's a eco terrorist
    Honorable mention goes to the Harley Quinn show for finally making me understand this message
    Do you not understand what "terrorist" means?

Amazing Member

Poison Ivy is Planet Earth's hero, and Gotham City's villain.

You can be more than one thing at the same time. Or different things to different people (and/or entities).

And she most certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
    Poison Ivy is Planet Earth's hero, and Gotham City's villain.

You can be more than one thing at the same time. Or different things to different people (and/or entities).

And she most certainly is.
    One of the most amusing thought experiments... moving a character from one setting to another lets you look at their strengths and weaknesses from a different perspective.

Soo... Captain Planet... put Batman and Ivy in Captain Planet. Who would be a hero and who would be a villain?

She's a eco terrorist
    No, that's only in recent comics, since 2016 and "Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death".

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I'm reading this post as sarcasm. But Poison Ivy's methods are almost fascist.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Even Batman agrees with you Nite-Wing

She is only trying to fix a broken world. Overpopulation, polution, so many god damn wrong things. Until she feeds the next men she meets in clubs/bars to her plants.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-14-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    No, that's only in recent comics, since 2016 and "Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death".
    Poison Ivy as a champion of nature and vegetation goes much farther back. See eg Batman: Poison Ivy #1 from 1987, or Cast Shadows from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'm reading this post as sarcasm. But Poison Ivy's methods are almost fascist.
    Dude, you have no clue what fascism is.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Ivy's enviromentalism is that without much regard to human lives. She kills people for harming plants.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Soo... Captain Planet... put Batman and Ivy in Captain Planet. Who would be a hero and who would be a villain?
    This is very good example of DC and some writers destroying one of few cool female villains.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Ivy's enviromentalism is that without much regard to human lives. She kills people for harming plants.
    She also kills people who harm other people. And remember that she started an orphanage back in No Man's Land.

A huge part of Poison Ivy is that she is essentially a Demeter figure. She is both the bountiful nature and the vengeful nature.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

She also kills people who harm other people. And remember that she started an orphanage back in No Man's Land.

A huge part of Poison Ivy is that she is essentially a Demeter figure. She is both the bountiful nature and the vengeful nature.
    Yes she could be a heroic figure if plants are being harmed by bad guys but her end goal is not something that is beneficial to humanity as a whole. Ivy never cares about humans. Very few people can make into the list of people she cares about. Her misandry is supposed to be a constrast to her infatuation with Batman.

She isnt out there to save kids. Only plants.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-14-2021 at 03:04 AM.

BANNED

She's a eco terrorist
    This is why she is so driven. Because she sees herself as a hero of her own story.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Would authoritarian be better?

Poison Ivy uses force/"ecoterrorism" to take control of governments in order to establish ones where only those who agree with her ideals are tolerated. Planning genocide, coercion, intimidation, forced population control. She's a textbook fascist.

How does her taking care of kids prove she's not a fascist? Historically fascists leaders were nice to younger people because they were easier to indoctrinate.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?