Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Didn't she join a group called The Secret Society of Super Villains?
    She was also part of the Birds of Prey back at the beginning of the New52 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She was also part of the Birds of Prey back at the beginning of the New52 . . .
    And then she betrayed them by poisoning them so they would be forced to conduct various ecoterrorist activities with her...

Black Canary even admitted it was a bad idea to let her on the team when it was all said and done.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-24-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This thread explain exactly why we can’t see her being used in comics anymore
    Their is no clear direction for her character without aligning herself as villain or betraying her character as neutral
    There is no in between for her character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This thread explain exactly why we can’t see her being used in comics anymore
    Their is no clear direction for her character without aligning herself as villain or betraying her character as neutral
    There is no in between for her character
    I mean they could still go with the potrayal of Ivy in the Harley Quinn animated series. Some consider that Ivy to be the most likable. But for me, i never want a character to be made likable.

BANNED

Read Zdarsky's story. His story shows that Ivy does not view Batman as her main foe and has sympathetic cause of saving the planet but ultimately her vision for the world is not that for humanity. Ivy has always worked better as a villain because the main point of her character is enviromentalism without much regards to human lives but only plant life. Its better than what Tom King did with Ivy but the idea was sort of already there on the internet.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-25-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Read Zdarsky's story. His story shows that Ivy does not view Batman as her main foe and has sympathetic cause of saving the planet but ultimately her vision for the world is not that for humanity. Ivy has always worked better as a villain because the main point of her character is enviromentalism without much regards to human lives but only plant life. Its better than what Tom King did with Ivy but the idea was sort of already there on the internet.
    Yeah it is evocative of the "voluntary human extinction" movement. "Humans are destroying the planet! Let's get rid of them all!" It's stupid for obvious reasons, but....

Incredible Member

Chip Zdarsky's Take: Poison Ivy *Most Certainly Is* A Villain! (from this week's Batman Black and White)