Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I haven't seen it addressed in the books so how does Moira's power affect time travellers? When she died in her fifth life did Bishop and Cable from that timeline get erased too? What about someone like Kang who can exist at different points of time simultaneously? Couldn't any one of them travel to a point before Moira's death and prevent it?
    That all depends on her powers actualy working as she claims, for which we have no actual evidence.

It's suspiciously convenient. She claims she reboots the universe (to the point where she was born) everytime she dies, yet if she would ever be asked for proof or physical evidence she would deny being able to provide any, because she claims any such evidence has been eradicated.

But everyone has to believe her because she has "memories" of such events, in a universe notorious for time travel, memory manipulation and super natural forces which mess with reality itself to suit their plans.

Just before the start of HoX/PoX, the X-men just had just been trapped in a pocket dimension where a crazed reality warper created an alternate history to suit his desire and even created fictional versions of people not stuck in said dimension, to manipulate the people in it. So why should we not at least suspect Moira X could be something similar?

Meanwhile if we look at the multiverse we see no other Moira MacTaggert who has even a hint of having such powers as mutant (i remember there were some where she was or became a mutant). But we have several who worked with Charles Xavier or otherwise became involved in events involving mutants.
    Both which contradict Moira X's own recounting of her previous lifes in which it was established that only through becomming a mutant and living alternate lifes was she actualy motivated to get involved with mutants, Xavier and co.

So we have much more actual evidence speaking against Moira X's claim, than anything which proves them to be right.

Hence why i would say it's a bit futile to think about how her claimed powers would affect time travelers, especialy since the presence of time travelers can be another evidence speaking against Moira X's claims being true.

They can depower her once they're happy with the timeline

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Frankly, I think Moira will die in the end of Hickman's run and the world will somehow reset and reborn itself after without Krakoa or Moira.
    I've seen this theory a lot and I really really doubt it.

I don't think Marvel would just remove a few years of story and character development for the entire X-line. And that's not to mention that this would also **** up all of the non X-books that have been referencing the new status quo, including major events like Empyre and King in Black.

I think we could see one more Moira reset, but it would be followed by a very similar timeline to the current one with only small, trackable changes (with the idea that she knows the current timeline will work with just a small push).

You're probably right, but it wouldn't surprise me if they throw all the development and world building out of the window. I mean DC does it every single year with some new rebirth, crisis or whatever.

The answer to that question lies in how did Hickman finish his Avengers run? How did Battleworld/Secret Wars ended? Did he reset all that he accomplished in his Avengers run or the bulk of it remained? What about Fanatastic Four run? I didn't follow those and his opus writing pattern on corporate characters will reveal that.

Will Krakoa sink like Utopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I worry more for some of my favorite resurrected mutants than I care about her.
    I understand. My only worry is will I ever see Moira/Destiny round no 2?