Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

While I wouldn't say the Earth One series is a version I dislike, it's also too flawed to be fully embraced (mostly in book 1).

But some things I'd like transplanted over
    - Themyscira. While Historia is likely shaping out to be the definitive version of the Amazon origins in Ancient Greece, this is how I would want Paradise Island to look in the present day stories. From the technology to the fashions, and the mythological creatures as allies.
    - "Beth" Candy is the best version of Etta since the original, with LoWW being its only competition
    - Dr. Psycho. Effectively revamped with some of the more problematic aspects of his past portrayals removed, and he's still scarily relevant.
    - The denizens of other planets in our solar system in the the Golden Age being from alternate Earths where the Amazons evolved differently and renamed the planet. Excellent way to keep Desira, Celerita, Astra and the others while taking into account people living on Mercury and Venus is hard to swallow even in superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    While I wouldn't say the Earth One series is a version I dislike, it's also too flawed to be fully embraced (mostly in book 1).

But some things I'd like transplanted over
    - Themyscira. While Historia is likely shaping out to be the definitive version of the Amazon origins in Ancient Greece, this is how I would want Paradise Island to look in the present day stories. From the technology to the fashions, and the mythological creatures as allies.
    - "Beth" Candy is the best version of Etta since the original, with LoWW being its only competition
    - Dr. Psycho. Effectively revamped with some of the more problematic aspects of his past portrayals removed, and he's still scarily relevant.
    - The denizens of other planets in our solar system in the the Golden Age being from alternate Earths where the Amazons evolved differently and renamed the planet. Excellent way to keep Desira, Celerita, Astra and the others while taking into account people living on Mercury and Venus is hard to swallow even in superhero comics.
    On a similar note

spoilers:
    I still don't want Max as a part of WW's world but making him a human incarnation/disguise of Ares I thought was at least a decent compromise/amalgamation.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    On a similar note

spoilers:
    I still don't want Max as a part of WW's world but making him a human incarnation/disguise of Ares I thought was at least a decent compromise/amalgamation.
    end of spoilers
    I feel like they gave Max a daughter that is a WW villain to justify his presence in her rouges gallery...

The Wagner Trinity mini-series.

- The Invisible Jet being of comparable size to a cargo plane and being able to function as a mobile HQ
    - Diana not putting up Bruce's "I am the night/Gotham is my turf" attitude.

From Azzarello run, I really liked Cliff Chang 's art

Rucka's second run:
    Most of the origin, especially the jail scene.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Brian Azzarello:
    - First Born as a villain/concept
    - Actually treated Diana's use of weapons with some respect/gave her a code on when to use it (unlike other writers)
    - Having Hephaestus be a major side character
    - Diana becoming queen
    - Hera's character arch
    - Zola was ok
    - Diana's "perfection is overrated" talk with Orion
    - Strife as an antagonist/annoyance
    - Diana receiving extra training from a God (wish it wasn't Ares)
    - Chang's artwork (minus some god designs)

G. Willow Wilson:
    - Diana's talk with Ares at the end of her first story
    - Xermanico's artwork
    - Some of Diana's dialogue

Shea Fontana:
    - Diana's lasso being powerful enough to separate DNA

James Robinson:
    - Diana fights Darksied and holds her own pretty well

Grant Morrison/earth 1:
    - Themyscira and the Amazons from a design stand point are near perfect
    - Amazons with advance technology
    - Yannick's artwork
    - Dr. Psycho's villain rework
    - the Venus butterfly girls
    - Kangas

Mod Era WW:
    - I ching
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Brian Azzarello:
    - First Born as a villain/concept
    - Actually treated Diana's use of weapons with some respect/gave her a code on when to use it (unlike other writers)
    - Having Hephaestus be a major side character
    - Diana becoming queen
    - Hera's character arch
    - Zola was ok
    - Diana's "perfection is overrated" talk with Orion
    - Strife as an antagonist/annoyance
    - Diana receiving extra training from a God (wish it wasn't Ares)
    - Chang's artwork (minus some god designs)

G. Willow Wilson:
    - Diana's talk with Ares at the end of her first story
    - Xermanico's artwork
    - Some of Diana's dialogue

Shea Fontana:
    - Diana's lasso being powerful enough to separate DNA

James Robinson:
    - Diana fights Darksied and holds her own pretty well

Grant Morrison/earth 1:
    - Themyscira and the Amazons from a design stand point are near perfect
    - Amazons with advance technology
    - Yannick's artwork
    - Dr. Psycho's villain rework
    - the Venus butterfly girls
    - Kangas

Mod Era WW:
    - I ching
    Yes, that opening arc with Ares was probably the most enjoyable part I found of Wilson's run.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Was the Earth One version of Psycho supposed to be Nick Cave? He looked like Nick Cave to me. There was an awful lot of gratuitous weirdness in Morrison's writing, but Nick Cave as Dr. Psycho worked for me.

From the Azzarello run, I too find little fault with Chiang's art. Not a fan of his depictions of the Greek gods; if you must use public domain characters, you should aim for maximum recognizability. Not a huge fan of the Love and Rockets influenced art style; the Hernandez brothers' art is ultimately founded on Archie comics, but I do think Chiang does it better than say Mignola.

I did not like the idea of Justice League Dark. That John Constantine exists in the DC superhero universe is wrong; never liked the character, still don't. and bleak anti-heroic Vertigo crap does not belong here. I was not a fan of tying Wonder Woman into a dark occult corner of the DC universe. But Diana was consistently well written in the series from start to finish, and I was genuinely surprised by it.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison