Spectacular Member

Default Quicksilver recommended reads?

So I’m a huge fan of Quicksilver in the Fox Xmen movies and would love to get to know the comic version of the character.

Which reads would you recommend for me? So far I’m thinking either his solo run from 2018 or the X Factor “X-Animations Epic collection, but in open to other suggestions.

Thank you

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Hi, Dcnewb. I’m glad to see another Quicksilver fan. Maybe the movies do bring in fans after all!

I actually have a chronological reading list for him on the first page of his appreciation page. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021

Saladin Ahmed’s Quicksilver run and anything from Peter David’s X-Factor run is gold. I would also add in Magneto Rex, Fatal Attraction/Bloodties, his original comic run from 1997, and Age of Apocalypse if you like seeing him with the X-Men. If you want to see him with the Avenger, I would recommend Avengers Academy and the Gerry Duggan run of Uncanny Avengers.

I hope this can help point in the right direction.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Hi, Dcnewb. I’m glad to see another Quicksilver fan. Maybe the movies do bring in fans after all!

I actually have a chronological reading list for him on the first page of his appreciation page. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021

Saladin Ahmed’s Quicksilver run and anything from Peter David’s X-Factor run is gold. I would also add in Magneto Rex, Fatal Attraction/Bloodties, his original comic run from 1997, and Age of Apocalypse if you like seeing him with the X-Men. If you want to see him with the Avenger, I would recommend Avengers Academy and the Gerry Duggan run of Uncanny Avengers.

I hope this can help point in the right direction.
    Cheers!
    I think I might go with Saladin Ahmed’s run.

I know comic QS isn’t much like the Fox X-Men one but which run would you say is the closest of him in that portrayal if any?

You would be better off looking at Avengers titles for appearances of Quick Silver.
    In the 80's he was a regular member and check out Kurt Busieks and George Perez' run on the Avengers title.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Cheers!
    I think I might go with Saladin Ahmed’s run.

I know comic QS isn’t much like the Fox X-Men one but which run would you say is the closest of him in that portrayal if any?
    Duggan Uncanny Avengers, he felt quite mellow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Duggan Uncanny Avengers, he felt quite mellow.
    Oh might be good. Which trade paperback would you recommend for some good QS content?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Oh might be good. Which trade paperback would you recommend for some good QS content?
    The first Lost Future, and 3rd Civil War 2 (note the story bits not following the event)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The first Lost Future, and 3rd Civil War 2 (note the story bits not following the event)
    Oh cool. The 3rd one has cable in it and my local store has it in stock!
    I’m getting that one, thanks man!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The already mentioned PAD X-Factor run with (the first) is a good read for any Pietro fan. There is an issue where the team all sees Leonard Sampson for therapy and he very much stands out the most, though he may seem like a bit of a prick. \\Also his last series (PAD) he plays an interesting role and has some badass moments. He also had and X oriented book in the 90's straight off of X-Factor.

Also, not really mentioned in this thread but the Vision and Scarlet Witch series by Mantlo and Leonardi has some good bits where Magneto enters the story. BUT I wouldn't look outside that series with anything 80's because they pretty much character assassination. He goes villain but there really isn't anything outside of no redeeming qualities. He really wasn't all that interesting villain, though I will stand that that time he led the Zodiac was one of the better appearances. I haven't read 90's and 2000's Avengers enough to know what to recommend there
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-15-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Forgot... I also rec the AoA series where Pietro is close enough to his self but is also in the Cyclops role to his fathers Xavier and there is an unspoken love between him and Storm. I think it would be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    You would be better off looking at Avengers titles for appearances of Quick Silver.
    In the 80's he was a regular member and check out Kurt Busieks and George Perez' run on the Avengers title.
    I'm not sure about that Kurt Busiek didn't write any 80s Avengers and nor was he on any teams during then, he was basically a villain. Stern and I think DeFalco was the writer after. Pietro didn't make a comeback until WC Avengers and he by Byrne (Wanda and Mags related), seemed to turn over a new leaf if I remember enough, I don't want to spoil it though. Anything post 90 Avengers isn't my expertise though. Also I suggest the above poster read this story if he/she doesn't mind reading older material.

ETA: I'm not good at issue numbers either. So you'll have to ask someone else for specification.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-15-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

I ended up snagging this one only because it also has Cable who’s my favourite lol.
    I’ll be sure to return here for more suggestions after I’m done with it!

68CC21B6-D604-441D-821A-520D983549BD.jpg