Extraordinary Member

Default Jujutsu Kaisen vs. Part 1 Naruto

This will be a series of match ups featuring the characters from Jujutsu Kaisen, vs the characters from Part one of Naruto

1. Yuji Itadori vs Naruto Uzumaki

2. Gojo Satoru vs Kakashi Hatake

3. Aoi Todo vs Rock Lee

4. Hanami vs Gaara

5. Maki Zenin vs Neji Hyuuga

6. Panda vs Choji Akimichi

7. Mahito vs Orochimaru

8. Toji Fushiguro vs Zabuza Momochi

9. Megumi Fushiguro vs Sasuke Uchiha

10. Kugisaki Nobara vs Sakura Haruno

Bonus: They sit and talk

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What the **** did Kakashi do to you?

Extraordinary Member

From what I've seen of JJK I'd say that the speed curve of Naruto, even by the end of part 1, is quite a bit steeper. So most of the matches I can judge probably end in blitzes.

The exceptions being:
    - Gojo vs. Kakashi, because Gojo's OP-ness is pretty hilarious and Kakashi didn't have that many impressive feats by the end of part 1.
    - Kugisaki vs. Sakura, because Kugisaki at least has some feats to her name unlike part 1 Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Gojo doesn't appreciate him stealing his hair style.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

It felt Cowardly to not put that one in.

(I felt the same way about Nobara vs Sakura)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    From what I've seen of JJK I'd say that the speed curve of Naruto, even by the end of part 1, is quite a bit steeper. So most of the matches I can judge probably end in blitzes.

The exceptions being:
    - Gojo vs. Kakashi, because Gojo's OP-ness is pretty hilarious and Kakashi didn't have that many impressive feats by the end of part 1.
    - Kugisaki vs. Sakura, because Kugisaki at least has some feats to her name unlike part 1 Sakura.
    It's been a while since I looked into Part one Naruto's speed curve, where are they compared to Bullets?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's been a while since I looked into Part one Naruto's speed curve, where are they compared to Bullets?
    They should be comfortably above them.

Haku was pulling off blitzes on that can be compared to Samurai Jack blitzing those bounty hunters before a drop of water hit the ground, and Sasuke was starting to react to him. Then most of the cast just got faster in the very next arc with Rock Lee blitzing Sasuke and everything esclated on upwards from there until the end of part one.

EDIT: I do have to say that I appreciate the image of Rock Lee bouncing Todo around. I don't care for that guy.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-14-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Todou would pretty instantly decide that Lee is his new little brother and it ends in friendship.

And yeah, broadly speaking, the Naruto speed curve is higher than JJK even in Part 1 only. JJK just isn't very interested in speed, it's more about cool gimmick bullshit.

Orochimaru versus Mahito is a pretty interesting one as they both absurd survival abilities that make them really hard to kill. But then... Manda for soft dimension dump is a pretty great tactic.

But then Domain Expansion. Though, Mahito never really got to show what it could do in the series so... it's kind of an academic point. In principle, it should be a fight winner.

Extraordinary Member

Todou would pretty instantly decide that Lee is his new little brother and it ends in friendship.

And yeah, broadly speaking, the Naruto speed curve is higher than JJK even in Part 1 only. JJK just isn't very interested in speed, it's more about cool gimmick bullshit.

Orochimaru versus Mahito is a pretty interesting one as they both absurd survival abilities that make them really hard to kill. But then... Manda for soft dimension dump is a pretty great tactic.

But then Domain Expansion. Though, Mahito never really got to show what it could do in the series so... it's kind of an academic point. In principle, it should be a fight winner.
    In Mahito's case, just the basic utility of Domain Expansion is incredibly busted when combined with his regular kit. When the majority of fights end the minute you touch your opponent, having an ability that lets you instantly touch your opponent doesn't need to do much more

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    In Mahito's case, just the basic utility of Domain Expansion is incredibly busted when combined with his regular kit. When the majority of fights end the minute you touch your opponent, having an ability that lets you instantly touch your opponent doesn't need to do much more
    Yeah but, I don't think we saw the Domain Expansion actually be fully applied to anything or anyone.

Every time he tried it, it was interrupted or something, so we didn't see if there was any resistance to it or similar. Like Dagon was very confident his Domain Expansion should insta-gib Nanami and Moustache Guy and they both came through it fine enough. It's frustrating that we'll never get to see what Mahito's true power actually looked like in execution.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah but, I don't think we saw the Domain Expansion actually be fully applied to anything or anyone.

Every time he tried it, it was interrupted or something, so we didn't see if there was any resistance to it or similar. Like Dagon was very confident his Domain Expansion should insta-gib Nanami and Moustache Guy and they both came through it fine enough. It's frustrating that we'll never get to see what Mahito's true power actually looked like in execution.
    Same goes for Hanami, IIRC.

Aoi Todo asks Rock Lee what type of girl he likes.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-14-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Aoi Todo asks Rock Lee what type of girl he likes.
    Then Todo tries to beat up Lee because he answered "incorrectly" and Todo gets his face punched in.
    In the arena there is only violence, death and Todo getting bounced around in the air. Don't try to take that from me.

Ok, so we don't get to learn what Mahito's DE does. Interesting. From what I could tell in the anime Nanami seemed to suspect that it would basically allow Mahito to do what he already does, only without needing to touch the opponent directly.

That said, Orochimaru is still faster and can indeed just summon up a giant snake to eat Mahito and then send it away for a quick win.

Ok, so we don't get to learn what Mahito's DE does. Interesting. From what I could tell in the anime Nanami seemed to suspect that it would basically allow Mahito to do what he already does, only without needing to touch the opponent directly.
    That's the explanation that's given but we never actually see it properly in use that I recall.

He can't use it against Yuji because touching Yuji's soul leaves him vulnerable to Sukuna and most of his fights involve Yuji.

It could be an instant win card but given how most other domain expansions aren't necessarily foolproof, I'm dubious that someone as tricky as Orochimaru couldn't find a way to survive it.

Ah, went and looked at Mahito's final battle in the manga for some Domain Expansion stuff, I'll spoiler tag as a courtesy to anime watchers.

spoilers:
    In his fight with Todo and Yuji, Mahito performs the 0.2 second Domain Expansion that Gojo demonstrated to effectively get a free hit on Todo without aggravating Sukuna.

Todo is able to react to it and activate Simple Domain, which is meant to block/mitigate the effects of Domain Expansion but the manga notes Mahito still gets his attack off first.

Todo's hand begins to mutate and explode via Idle Transfiguration but he's able to cut it off with his opposite hand before the damage spreads and kills him.

Now, whether it's Todo's, apparently deployed late, Simple Domain that slowed the progression, or that it was only 0.2 seconds long which meant the effect was less severe than it otherwise would have been, is unclear.

But given how mutable Orochimaru's physical form is, I think Idle Transfiguration and even Domain Expansion might not be instant fight wins.
    end of spoilers

Though Orochimaru's best feats of being non-standard human in composition turn up in Part Two so he might be more vulnerable at this time.

On a similar subject; Todo versus Part One Lee might actually be closer than you think. Todo is incredibly physically durable and Part 1 Lee can only use five gates and can't use them and their associated techniques without destroying himself.

Also, Boogie-Woogie is a pretty tricky skill to fight against and Todo, with his 530,000 IQ, is very adept at using it in surprising ways.

He's going to get blitzed initially, probably, but I'm unsure that Lee hits hard enough to actually put him down without invoking his higher gates.

Mahito's polymorphic soul monsters put Todo literally through a sky scraper and he didn't seem unduly bothered by it and then proceeded to instant kill one of them and then kill two more in short order.

Dude is mad strong.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-15-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Nanmi's speculation is based on the standard abilities common to all Domain Expansions, IIRC. When Gojo is expositing to Yuji about them during his fight with Jogo, he says that one of the things Domain expansions do is gurantee all your attacks hit your opponent, with the implication being that it would even work to bypass his own super busted defenses.